How Many

Decorating By Sherryb Updated 25 Aug 2005 , 2:32am by SquirrellyCakes

Sherryb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherryb Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 1:13pm
post #1 of 9

flower nails do I need to put in a 14x3 inch pan?
Sherryb

8 replies
ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 1:16pm
post #2 of 9

14" square by 3" deep? if so, yes, I definitely would!

jekizer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jekizer Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 1:16pm
post #3 of 9

I am not completely sure, but I think that you need three. Can anyone else help out with this? I would like to know myself.

Sherryb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherryb Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 1:22pm
post #4 of 9

It's a round 14" by 3" deep.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 1:26pm
post #5 of 9

I know in my 12" square that I do, I just do one.. but mine are only 2" deep .. so you could do 2 and probably wouldn't hurt ... just remember to coat the flower nail really well with a pancoating or flour/shortening.

SweetJanes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetJanes Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 2:23am
post #6 of 9

I'm panicking because I don't even understand the question. Could someone clarify for me? Thanks!

becca0926 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becca0926 Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 2:27am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJanes

I'm panicking because I don't even understand the question. Could someone clarify for me? Thanks!

Instead of using a heating core so your cake bakes evenly,You can put a flower nail in the middle of your cake upsidedown and it bakes the cake evenly.Without flower nail or heating core edges of cake would bake faster than the center.

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 2:30am
post #8 of 9

SweetJanes, when baking a larger than normal cake some of us use flower nails for heat conductors to help bake the middle of the cakes. If you spray your nail really well with the pan spray and place it head down on your pan and add your batter, then it acts as a heating core. It's really neat how that little peice of metal works.

Debbi

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 2:32am
post #9 of 9

Hhmn, or you can just bake it at 325F. Personally I find these pans bake fine without anything in the centre or the bake even strips, but that is just me.
Hugs Squirrelly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%