Big Round Cutters, For Cakes?

Decorating By sandra05 Updated 6 Aug 2009 , 5:53pm by grandmom

sandra05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandra05 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 1:36am
post #1 of 8

on the show amazing wedding cakes i saw them using round cutters on cakes.they cut, stacked and filled their cakes to give them the perfect round shape . they also used them for cutting rolled fondant to cover 100 mini cakes. does anyone know who sells these big round cutters?

7 replies
dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 1:52am
post #2 of 8

Just use tin cans with the thick top edge removed or hard plastic storage containers with straight sides . I have a set that are 6", 5", 4", 3", 2", 1". They cost me nothing.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 5:14am
post #3 of 8

I didn't watch the episode but I'm guessing you are talking about baking rings. This website sells it: http://cooksdream.com/store/bk.html

I'm pretty sure you can find those cheaper somewhere else but they have great customer service.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 8

They called cake rings (just google them). You can bake in them, mold in them, build a cake in them, use them as cutters or guides... I have them in a variety of shapes and sizes... I can't work without them!

sandra05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandra05 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:22pm
post #5 of 8

thank you for your help

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 3:53pm
post #6 of 8

Wait a minute... I didn't see that episode and I'm having trouble picturing it. You mean they baked the layers in pans, as usual, then used these cake ring thingies to cut a perfect round out of the layer?

If so, why? did it give them perfectly straight sides (which would be reason enough!)?

If that's not what you mean, please give more details - I want to know!

Thanks!

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 5:26pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmom

Wait a minute... I didn't see that episode and I'm having trouble picturing it. You mean they baked the layers in pans, as usual, then used these cake ring thingies to cut a perfect round out of the layer?

If so, why? did it give them perfectly straight sides (which would be reason enough!)?

If that's not what you mean, please give more details - I want to know!

Thanks!

No you don't bake the cake in normal cake pans, you bake the cake in thin sheets (like in a jelly roll pan) and then cut out circles to stack with filling as the layers in the tiers.

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 5:53pm
post #8 of 8

Cool!! New ideas crowding the brain as we speak...

Thanks for the information!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%