Ugh...

Business By CakeMommyTX Updated 1 Aug 2009 , 7:54am by saffronica

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 49

....people sometimes really annoy me!
I had a lady call me last Thursday really angry and wondering where her cake was and why hadnt I dropped it off yet, it was supposed to be there at noon (she called at 2pm)!?!
I freaked and apologized and immediately ran to my spreadsheet, I was pretty sure I didnt have a cake for that day, but I was worried maybe I had forgot (which is a huge fear of mine).
So I check my spreadsheet, no cake order for that day.
I ask her what date and time and cake she had ordered, she tells me she sent me an email 2 months ago , so I look up her email this is what she wrote me...

" Hi, I need a cake for the 16th on July, I like chocolate and can you make it pretty. Thanks XXXXX"

I then checked my sent mail and found I responded with my normal email asking all the info, serving size, time, design etc.

I never heard back from her until she called me on Thursday!
So I guess she expected me to read her mind and know what she wanted and what time and where to bring it and how big to make the cake.
I told her she never responded to my email regarding the additional info needed to complete the order.
She tells me "but I told you what I wanted, chocolate and pretty"!
So the only thing I can assume is not only do people want Wal-Mart pricing they also want Wal-Mart order taking , walk up to the counter grunt "cake" and voile a cake appears before you!
Sorry it does not work that way!
I apologized for the misunderstanding and let her know the order process and deposit and so on, she was shocked at what was involved in ordering a cake.
However she still proceeded me that it was my fault and I should send her a free cake so that she would order from me in the future, she also said "make sure it's chocolate".
I told her I was booked solid for 5 years I was not taking anymore orders until 2014 icon_lol.gif

48 replies
Marina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marina Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 5:39pm
post #2 of 49

Wow!!! The nerve of some people!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 5:54pm
post #3 of 49

You know, just when I heard it all on this site, we always get another one. UNBELIEVABLE!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 49

Wow...there would have expletives in my reponse. icon_biggrin.gif

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 7:13pm
post #5 of 49

Gah. What is up with all these ungifted individuals?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 7:29pm
post #6 of 49

And people wonder why we have to have such a long contract for "just a cake". icon_confused.gif

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 7:44pm
post #7 of 49

LMAO @ "grunt cake".

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 10:24pm
post #8 of 49

LOLOL you me to tell me you couldn't read her mind? and I love your response!

indydebi Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 10:38pm
post #9 of 49

read this to hubby. He's laughing and saying that you should have told her, "Well, lady, obviously you're not serious about this cake or you would have made sure I had the information I need." And then hang up.

He also says for customers like these, we should show up with a cupcake and tell them, "Well you didn't say what size ......!"

I've gotta pick up dinner tonight from someplace. I think I'll just go thru the drive-thru and when they ask for my order, I'll just grunt, "Food. Hot. To go." And then bitch at 'em when it's not ready when I pull up to the window.

Yeah ... THAT'LL work! icon_lol.gif

indydebi Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 10:39pm
post #10 of 49

read this to hubby. He's laughing and saying that you should have told her, "Well, lady, obviously you're not serious about this cake or you would have made sure I had the information I need." And then hang up.

He also says for customers like these, we should show up with a cupcake and tell them, "Well you didn't say what size ......!"

I've gotta pick up dinner tonight from someplace. I think I'll just go thru the drive-thru and when they ask for my order, I'll just grunt, "Food. Hot. To go." And then bitch at 'em when it's not ready when I pull up to the window.

Yeah ... THAT'LL work! icon_lol.gif

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 10:52pm
post #11 of 49

That is just hilarious! People are CRAZY! I like indydebi's idea of showing up with a cupcake! Could you just imagine the look on "the customer's" face then!!!!!!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 12:06am
post #12 of 49

Yep, 1 year ago I had this happen to me as well. The lady said the same things, and wanted a discount too.

Sorry, I'm booked. Forever.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 12:18am
post #13 of 49

I could have shown up with just a cupcake if I had known where to go! Thats what really gets me is the fact that she expected it to be delivered yet I had no idea where she lived! What am supposed to do knock on everyones doors in the Houston area, all 2+ million of them and ask "ya did you want the pretty chocolate cake for today, oh you did'nt...do you know if your neighboor wanted the cake?"

Maybe after the drive thru Indy you can stop by the bank and grunt "money", I bet they will hand you a stack of 20's with a red ribbon wrapped around it, and maybe even a lolli-pop! Just make sure not to wear a ski mask when you do it!

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 12:30am
post #14 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

What am supposed to do knock on everyones doors in the Houston area, all 2+ million of them and ask "ya did you want the pretty chocolate cake for today, oh you did'nt...do you know if your neighboor wanted the cake?"

Maybe after the drive thru Indy you can stop by the bank and grunt "money", I bet they will hand you a stack of 20's with a red ribbon wrapped around it, and maybe even a lolli-pop! Just make sure not to wear a ski mask when you do it!

lmao

indydebi Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 12:30am
post #15 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

I could have shown up with just a cupcake if I had known where to go! Thats what really gets me is the fact that she expected it to be delivered yet I had no idea where she lived!

omg, I totally missed that little tidbit of info! icon_surprised.gif

In the famous words of Bugs Bunny, "What a Ma-ROON!!!!!" icon_lol.gif

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 12:38am
post #16 of 49

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif "booked solid for five years" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 3:01am
post #17 of 49

Great story!
Edna icon_lol.gif

kandu001 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 3:33am
post #18 of 49

Maybe you could grunt "clean" and all of your chores will be magically done too!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 3:39am
post #19 of 49

i'd be content to just grunt "thin"

penguinprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penguinprincess Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 3:43am
post #20 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

AMEN!!!!

kandu001 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 3:46am
post #21 of 49

me too!!!! Love it!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 3:57am
post #22 of 49
Quote:

ME THREE!!!

saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 4:17am
post #23 of 49
Quote:

I tried it. Didn't work. icon_sad.gif

waterlily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waterlily Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 6:22am
post #24 of 49

Sat here reading this and LMAO!! You guys are to much!!

waterlily Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 6:24am
post #25 of 49

waterlily Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 6:25am
post #26 of 49

waterlily Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 6:27am
post #27 of 49

Sat here reading this and LMAO!! You guys are to much!! icon_biggrin.gif

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 10:53am
post #28 of 49

CakeMommyTX you should add...since i'm fully booked for 5years by that time you would have either moved away,died or I would have moved.

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 11:33am
post #29 of 49

quote="CakeMommyTX"]..
However she still proceeded me that it was my fault and I should send her a free cake so that she would order from me in the future, she also said "make sure it's chocolate".
I told her I was booked solid for 5 years I was not taking anymore orders until 2014 icon_lol.gif[/quote]

LOL!!!! I love your response!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 11:57am
post #30 of 49

all I can say is wow! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%