Ugh...

Business By CakeMommyTX Updated 1 Aug 2009 , 7:54am by saffronica

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 12:27pm
post #31 of 49

" Maybe after the drive thru Indy you can stop by the bank and grunt "money", I bet they will hand you a stack of 20's with a red ribbon wrapped around it, and maybe even a lolli-pop! Just make sure not to wear a ski mask when you do it!"
You mean they wouldn't deliver it !!? icon_lol.gif

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 1:11pm
post #32 of 49

It probably makes sense to include a statement like this in ALL communications with potential customers:
"I will NOT make your cake until the following crieria are met:"
Then list your criteria.
And don't forget to put everyting in writing.

tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 1:16pm
post #33 of 49

I still can't believe the nerve of some people. If I were you, I'd simply count it a blessing she didn't email or call back with the details. If she is this much trouble with one email...WOW! Hope she enjoyed the Wal-Mart cake she picked up for her event!

BTW, I love your response. It was perfect! I wish I could be a fly on her wall after you both hung up. icon_lol.gif WTG!

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 1:56pm
post #34 of 49

These stories never end! Geeze wake up people!! I didn't know bakers also had a degree in mind reading.
Take her half a@@ threat of never ordering from you as a promise. Hopefully you will never hear from her again.
You should put a pic in your local paper of a lonely cupcake. Saying its looking for the woman who ordered me.
LOL

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 2:14pm
post #35 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

i'd be content to just grunt "thin"

exactly! but since the lady didnt get her cake..i guess i wont get my "thin", either...LOL....crazy people. icon_rolleyes.gif

sbrb1021 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sbrb1021 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 4:10pm
post #36 of 49

I got an order one time for a young boy's birthday cake with only 2 days notice. The father couldn't remember how old the boy was! When I was trying to get what the boy liked, I was told "green."

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 4:36pm
post #37 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by aundrea

You should put a pic in your local paper of a lonely cupcake. Saying its looking for the woman who ordered me.
LOL

Could you imagine! That would be sooooo funny! You should totally do it!

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 4:36pm
post #38 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by aundrea

LOL

Could you imagine! That would be sooooo funny! You should totally do it!

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 5:01pm
post #39 of 49

This is one of the reasons I don't do e-mail for cake orders. I must talk to you in person or on the phone. No talkee--no cakee!

jdelaney81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelaney81 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 5:52pm
post #40 of 49

LMAO.... You guys are too much! My stomach hurts from laughing so much. Thanks! I needed the laugh today.

I am really liking the whole pic in the paper...maybe in the want ads. LSCC (Lonely single chocolate cupcake) searing for that special someone, PWOM (person who ordered me)... icon_biggrin.gif

Lalady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalady Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 6:30pm
post #41 of 49

This one really takes the cake!!

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 7:13pm
post #42 of 49

OMG - I'm SO laughing right now! Not funny that she reamed you for something that wasn't even your fault, but just your commentary. The numbnuts grunting "cake" at the counter - the fact that you told her you're booked solid for 5 years - that's CLASSIC!

I needed a laugh today - thanks for providing one! icon_biggrin.gif

Julie

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 9:13pm
post #43 of 49

Thanks for your story, I can always use a good laugh.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 11:06pm
post #44 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

It probably makes sense to include a statement like this in ALL communications with potential customers:
"I will NOT make your cake until the following crieria are met:"
Then list your criteria.
And don't forget to put everyting in writing.

I might just have to add that to my signature thumbs_up.gif

I'm glad everyone got a kick outta this lady, at first I was mad but then yall made me feel all better icon_biggrin.gif

I think I gonna take you up on the cupcake add, I'm going to put it on CL tonight. I'll post the link when I'm done.

I don't have a single cupcake pic but I'm sure I can find one online.

tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 6:32pm
post #45 of 49

So, I was wondering. Did you post it? or Let it go.

Toni

Sweetmaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetmaker Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 9:01pm
post #46 of 49

Wow! This is waaaaay to funny. This site has the best comedy ever!
grunt "cake" wow I have been laughing all the way through this forum. People are so stupid crazy! All you guys make this so fun.

KitchenConvert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenConvert Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 11:19pm
post #47 of 49

Funny, I JUST had something similar happen like this for cookies. I spoke on the phone to a woman about 4 weeks ago--discussed details for her order, etc. I told her I'd send her an e-mail outlining what we discussed and next steps. Never heard back from her (and was dumb enough not to get her # while talking with her). She called yesterday asking if we were set for a pickup Friday. icon_eek.gif (so I rushed to my kitchen space right away and got started on her order)

She claims she never got my e-mail....any ideas on there on whether your business e-mails get sent to "Spam" or "Junk" and how to manage that? In retrospect I would have gotten her phone # right away when we had spoken (it showed on my phone as Restricted) and then called after I hadn't heard back from her in a week or so....other ideas on how to manage leads?

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 1:44pm
post #48 of 49

[quote="sabrinaling47"]
She claims she never got my e-mail....any ideas on there on whether your business e-mails get sent to "Spam" or "Junk" and how to manage that?quote]

Actually, I just had a bride a week ago claim that she didn't get to respond in time to a deadline bc one of my emails went to her spam folder. She just happened to find it 1 day late. She was totally cool about the deadline though and didn't get fussy over it. I think all of my other emails though have gone straight to her inbox. Don't know if the claim was legit, or just trying to make an excuse, but I have had the same situation.

As for stopping it, I have no idea. thumbsdown.gif

saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 7:54am
post #49 of 49

You never know...I've even had e-mails from my mom end up in my spam folder, but others go to my inbox just fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%