What The Heck Do Kids Like To Eat?

Baking By DefyGravity Updated 19 Jul 2009 , 8:37pm by DefyGravity

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 12:06am
post #1 of 7

Saturday I have my first cake for someone else... woohoo! All I was told is that she wants a Camp Rock cake and it needs to feed ~20 people. Other than that, she told me to be creative with the decorations and flavors. The cake is for her daughter's 7th birthday, and I fail at being creative with flavor. I've asked her a couple times what she wants, but she said she'll trust me with whatever I pick. (In my head, I'm like UGH! Make up your mind!!)

So, what do kids like? AFAIK, there aren't any allergies to worry about.

Thanks for your help icon_smile.gif

6 replies
chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 12:11am
post #2 of 7

you really cant go wrong with plain vanilla or choc. or a combo there of. if she cant pick a flavor, then i would go with these fail-safe flavors. JMO. icon_wink.gif

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 12:24am
post #3 of 7

you can also get a little bit fun. Chocolate chip cookie cake, chocolate mint chip cake, strawberry shortcake, you get the idea

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 12:32am
post #4 of 7

My 7 year old likes anything pink or with sprinkles in it. She also loves plain vanilla and chocolate cake.

Actually, I think she would eat anything as long as it had icing on it icon_biggrin.gif

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 12:40am
post #5 of 7

My kids like vanilla cake with chocolate buttercream.

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 12:42am
post #6 of 7

You can ask the mom, what child's favorite ice cream or candi is and that should give you an idea. My child's favorite cakes are chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry, but he likes creative feelings: marshmellow creme, min choco chips or m&ms added to vanilla buttercreme, and mint chocolate.
Good Luck, P

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 8:37pm
post #7 of 7

I really wanted to experiment with some chocolate chips in the batter among other things, but I didn't want to go too crazy on a cake going to someone else, especially for the kids. I made a WASC cake with vanilla pudding for filling, and they said that it was really delicious.

I'm making another cake for them on Wednesday, but its mostly for adults, so I'll get a little more carried away then icon_smile.gif

I put a ton of BC under the fondant because I figured fondant would weird out little kids (unless they like eating playdoh) so the cake ended up looking pillowy. All in all, everything got delivered fine and I'm just happy they liked the finished product!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%