Bah!

Decorating By crazymommyof3 Updated 11 Jul 2009 , 8:10am by CutiePieCakes-Ontario

crazymommyof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazymommyof3 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 5:02am
post #1 of 13

I wrote "Fairwell" instead of "farewell". white on black of all things. The cake is in the fridge now, so I'm hoping when it's cold, I can pull off the lettering and fix it. Good grief.

That's what I get for trying to decorate with a 4 year old screaming at me.

12 replies
lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 5:34am
post #2 of 13

Man, I know you hate that! I hope it comes off easily for you! I have five kids so I understand! That's why I usually decorate in the middle of the night! icon_smile.gif

vtcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vtcake Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 7:25pm
post #3 of 13

Next time he/she is yelling, squirt some frosting in his/her mouth!

Although,that may encourage more yelling. icon_biggrin.gif

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 13

Oh no! i hope you can fix it.

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 7:32pm
post #5 of 13

Oh no! i hope you can fix it.

Cupcakeluv24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcakeluv24 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 7:38pm
post #6 of 13

I have done that before. I can't talk and decorate at the same time. I was piping a poem and ended up piping what I was thinking/talking about because I think I was concentrating a little to hard.
Good luck I hope it comes off
icon_smile.gif

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 7:45pm
post #7 of 13

O i hope you can fix it!

lol I cant talk and decorate either! last night when i was trying to finish my little brothers hockey cake, and him and his two friends were in the kitchen talking to me, I was cutting out flames with my exacto knife and i went to wipe the blade off but i held the blade the wrong way and totally slit my finger open! not so much fun and lots of blood icon_sad.gif

kimmyboo925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmyboo925 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 7:57pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyBaker

Man, I know you hate that! I hope it comes off easily for you! I have five kids so I understand! That's why I usually decorate in the middle of the night! icon_smile.gif

Im with you on the middle of the night thing... I have two under 2 and its my only option...

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 8:00pm
post #9 of 13

icon_biggrin.gif Once I was working on a cake for my little sister's birthday and my husband kept standing there saying that I should put Happy Bratday on it...and somehow that's exactly what I wrote. It was purple on white...the cake ended up with a vey interesting blended effect.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 8:06pm
post #10 of 13

Sorry to hear that, I hope you can fix it. That's the main reason I pull off all nighters, it's easier for everyone!

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 8:07pm
post #11 of 13

I was doing a graduation cake for someone, copying a picture the graduate had sent me. I piped "2007" on the cap..just like in the picture...thanks goodness my daughter came home for lunch, saw it and asked me why they waited two years to have a party!!! It was easy enough to scrape off the 7 and make a 9, but I would have been so embarrassed if that didn't get caught. Now my daughter's favorite thing to do is to try to fake me out on every cake I make with writing!~

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 3:14am
post #12 of 13

Just pretend the theme is county fair.

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 8:10am
post #13 of 13

Well, did the clean up work?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%