This Damask Cake Has Got Be Done With Cricut...right???

Decorating By __Jamie__ Updated 23 Jul 2009 , 9:23pm by __Jamie__

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 5:20am
post #31 of 46

Dazzle...that's a good idea. I swear, I have mentioned to the hubby as we prowl thru the scrapbook section. "You should be very glad I haven't gotten hooked on scrapbooking, because this would drive us into debt." All. That. Stuff.

__Jamie__ Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 5:25am
post #32 of 46

I was limiting my searches to the word damask....looks like everyone but the crafty sugar folks are out of stock!

CakeandDazzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandDazzle Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:34pm
post #33 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

Dazzle...that's a good idea. I swear, I have mentioned to the hubby as we prowl thru the scrapbook section. "You should be very glad I haven't gotten hooked on scrapbooking, because this would drive us into debt." All. That. Stuff.

OMG it is a terrible habit to get into to... atleast cake can pay... lol Scraping you just spend more and more and more money... sometimes everyday! lol

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:51pm
post #34 of 46

I am watching the Cricut video right now as a matter of fact... I ordered my machine from the infomercial so I could make payments (seemed less painful that way! LOL!)

Next I'm going to have to splurge on the Sure Cuts a Lot program. And people wonder why I charge so much for cakes... the toys are expensive!

__Jamie__ Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:54pm
post #35 of 46

I think I found all the cutters I need! A couple of cutters from Crafty Sugar folks, the one Sugarshack has....all put together, makes a kick butt damasky theme.

cjshoemake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjshoemake Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 11:34pm
post #36 of 46

yes Texas Rose. I do believe you are correct. that stencil looks exactly like the cake. It is beautifully done!

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 12:51am
post #37 of 46

what specifically did you buy?
and from Where?

i do not do fondant and i love the damask look. i too am not sure i would be able to do the stenciling as neat as I would like to.

__Jamie__ Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 7:25pm
post #38 of 46

Well. After I go and buy all of those cutouts that she said she liked, she doesn't like them now. And we are back to the original cake I posted a pic of in my OP. ((sigh)). Good thing I wanted those cutters anyways. Now I am the proud new owner of this stencil set (in a few days) too. Good thing I am a sucker for ordering cake tools! Can never have too many cake tools! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Got some practicing to do....argh!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 7:36pm
post #39 of 46

Ahhh that makes me so mad when you purchase a cake decorating tool,item specifically for a customers cake and they decide they no longer like/want it.Grrrrrr

__Jamie__ Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 7:42pm
post #40 of 46

I know! I know I'll use them on something, gosh they are gorgeous. Up side, stencil should be (reallllllly not sure, but hopeful) less work. I just know I need a couple of practice runs. Don't wanna end up on Cakewrecks! Hahahahahaha.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 7:53pm
post #41 of 46

The upside my dear Jamie is that it ain't no sheetcake! I can't wait to see what you do!

kdscalling Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdscalling Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 8:42pm
post #42 of 46

Jamie, did you purchase stencils or cutters or both? and who are the Crafty Sugar folks?

I have been looking at the damask stencils for a long time. Just haven't had the courage to try it. I like the idea of cutters better.

Katherine

__Jamie__ Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 9:06pm
post #43 of 46

This is everything I own now that has to do with the damasky stuff:

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=18908

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=21936

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=18734

and:

http://www.designerstencils.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DS&Product_Code=C433&Category_Code=NEWCAKE

Crafty Sugar folks are "craft suagr"....reverse the order of the names. For some reason, they are practically banned frmom even mentioning, and their name is blocked on this site. I have no prob with them, and order stuff all the time. icon_wink.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 8:41pm
post #44 of 46

******UPDATE!!!*******

I just got a call from the very person who did the cake in that pic I originally posted. Just as I thought, it was not, I repeat, NOT stenciled with that stencil set from designer stencils. It was handcut with exacto knives, and some cutters from Steven Bennison were used. She said "better charge a lot, cause that is some serious labor"...lol, yah, no kidding!

So, I didn't catch whether the stencil folks made up a set based on her creations, or what, but there it is. icon_smile.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 9:15pm
post #45 of 46

THat is funny that the stencils match her design perfectly. If they made it after her design I hope she is on the payroll and creative designer.

__Jamie__ Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 9:23pm
post #46 of 46

I know, it's so weird. I got a voicemail from the nice lady, and I was so excited to call her back and thank her, that I erased it. I'm sure she didn't say anything about the stencil people copying her, and I certainly didn't say anything about it when I left her a voicemail. All I know is she was very adamant about her cake not being stenciled. Every little piece handcut with exacto knives. And I believe her, like I have along. It is tooooo perfect!

I suppose with enough patience, and some very firm GP or fondant, the pieces could be cut out using the stencil as a guide. Maybe that is exactly what she did and used that stencil.....but I just don't get that impression.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%