New Season Of Amazing Wedding Cakes...

Lounge By CakeDiane Updated 6 Aug 2009 , 1:01am by dxerebl

CakeDiane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiane Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 12:24pm
post #1 of 26

What does everybody think about the new season of this show?? (I've searched for a current thread about it--can't find one)

I, for one, am SO happy that Laurie got rid of her old partner and started her own business--she does such amazing things--I just watched the episode where she hung that beehive cake from a "tree"--SO cool...

Wonder what the drama is behind Reba and Mark leaving Cake Divas and starting their own business?? They can't have been happy that Reba stole Mark away--and don't you think that Reba should be treating Mark like a partner and not an employee? She'd be nothing without him...he does all the hard stuff!

The other guy--Christopher Garren--WAY talented...what amazing things he's making--That Chrysler building cake was incredible...

25 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 1:18pm
post #2 of 26

I have to agree with everything you said icon_smile.gif
Looks like some fun, interesting shows to watch.
Yes, Christopher is *way!* talented. I know one of the ladies he had brought in to help w/that huge red, blk & gold monster they made.......I just can't think of her name, and it's driving me nuts icon_smile.gif

ybeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ybeal Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 26

I've never seen the show but I'm setting my dvr tonight - DH thinks I'm obssessed with cake shows - he's right icon_redface.gif

cakesweetiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesweetiecake Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 26

I also checked to see if there was another existing thread about the show. lol! I am so glad that I added this season to my DVR lineup! I love the show. I caught a few episodes last season, but didnt watch consistently. I plan to be more consisten this season!

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 2:46pm
post #5 of 26

I'm loving it. Lauri and her wacky vintage outfits...

Mark seems to be able to keep his emotions in check now that he's not being hen-pecked to death (we'll see what happens during sweeps week!).

FYI - He's Chris Russom of Christopher Garren's Cakes. icon_smile.gif

I fear these shows are setting a bad precedent. I recently was given 5 days notice for a trade show vehicle replica cake to serve 200. I guess people figure we ALL have a staff of wildly talented individuals ready to do their bidding at the drop of a hat!

I'm just glad to see more cake and less drama, but I'm not optimistic. These days, people seem to crave drama. Glad I can fast-forward through it. icon_smile.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:00pm
post #6 of 26

This is my favorite of the cake shows, although I really love all of them. It does seem to have less drama. We all know there's plenty of regular drama in making cakes without enhancing it!!

Laurie is a strange little bird, but she does make some spectacular cakes. I like all of these decorators this season.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 12:37am
post #7 of 26

What time and day is it on? Our cabel has never had Oxygen or WE before...but we just moved, so I'm hoping!

Revale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Revale Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 6:31am
post #8 of 26

hello to all,

first my name is ReVa not ReBa...icon_smile.gif

Marc and I are friends first, co-workers second and then in a far, far, far away distance I am one his employers.

Please remember that this is a scripted reality show and does not truly represent us as individuals. I am a big fan of all the cake shows on TV right now and I sometimes get caught up in the details done wrong but then I remember that most of what you see on the Telly isn't real.

Keep on caking!
Thanks for your time,
Reva Hawk
merci beaucoup

We use IBC and SMBC icon_lol.gificon_surprised.gif

Revale Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 6:35am
post #9 of 26

hello to all,

Marc and I are friends first, co-workers second and then in a far, far, far away distance I am one his employers.

Please remember that this is a scripted reality show and does not truly represent us as individuals. I am a big fan of all the cake shows on TV right now and I sometimes get caught up in the details done wrong but then I remember that most of what you see on the Telly isn't real.

Keep on caking!
Thanks for your time,
Reva Hawk
merci beaucoup

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 7:09am
post #10 of 26

Hi Reva welcome to CC!

I for one am sooooo glad that they changed the line up! I would just fast forward through the old one when it showed the ....I think it was called "Cake Divas"? The one Marc and Reva worked for. It disgusted me. No offense intended.

I love the new show. I like everyone's work. I am glad they don't portray Marc as a basket case anymore. He does great work.

I love Chris and the lady who works with him. Food network portrayed her as a really mean person.. she's not..I really like her!

I always love Cake Girls. I wish I could do that with my sister! But, what happened to the guy who used to work with them? I haven't seen him!

Laurie is her own person, that makes her standout. She is funny and she decorates great. I want to learn to work with sugar because of her!

cakesweetiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesweetiecake Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 1:39am
post #11 of 26

I just love this show. I really wish it would come on more often! LOL! I always look forward to the next episode. I loved all of the cakes made on the most recent episode.

Revale Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 5:57am
post #12 of 26

Thanks! I am glad to be back!

mikimouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mikimouse Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 7:33am
post #13 of 26

My hb's comment was "oh no, not another cake show" yet he watches them. This ones my favorite though. The talent is inspiring...makes me think I can do it...one day icon_smile.gif. Reva...you've got a good thing going...thanks for letting us see it as it comes together.

Mary Mar is my fav of all these decorators on all the various shows. I'm waiting for the cake challenge match up between Mary Mar and Mike McCarey (who actually did my wedding cake long before he was a superstar)..I'd love to see who win that pairing.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 8:10am
post #14 of 26

Hey Reva! I'm glad you started your own bakery, to be honest I never liked the work of Cake Divas. Congratulations on getting out of there!!! Oh, and the garden cake (the green one with flowers) is my favorite so far from this season from MB. Keep up the good work. thumbs_up.gif

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 8:22am
post #15 of 26

Ok .. right now I am seriously freaking out! I am just a small town, stay at home mom who makes cakes for my family & a few dear friends, and watches the cake shows on TV. ( and hopes one day to be half the decorator they are) I Love Amazing Wedding Cakes, Cake Boss, Ace of Cakes, etc etc .. Never ever thought that I would actually talk to Reva of Merci Beau Coup cakes, loved you last season with Cake Divas, but I think you made a great decision to go out on your own. ( ok well not actually talk .. but you know what I mean! ) I am just really really happy I found CC!! Still kinda freaking out about Reva actually being a member here & posting to us!! LOL

HPChick33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HPChick33 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 12:56pm
post #16 of 26

Hi Reva!

The comic book cake was by far my favorite. Marc can do amazing things with buttercream! Your're both awesome and very talented. I love Amazing Wedding Cakes as well (have my Tivo set to record everty episode!). I just discovered Cake Boss and I have to admit that I am hooked. I come from a similar family, so I can definitely relate to his. Plus, each episode I find myself pausing, rewinding and taking notes! What he has is my biggest dream...a bakery/cake design business that's completely family-run. One day....

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 3:38pm
post #17 of 26

WOW! I too am impressed .... Reva is on CC - how wonderful. I love the show and love your cakes.

Reva...I do have a qusetion..you stated, "I sometimes get caught up in the details done wrong but then I remember that most of what you see on the Telly isn't real." What did you mean by "most of what you see on the Telly isn't real"?

I hope you stay around a while and that CC doesn't cut you out like they did "Cake Boss".

amyfj1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyfj1 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 4:07pm
post #18 of 26

I love Amazing Wedding Cakes and my favorite is Reva and Marc. I just love Marc and how crazy and talented he is especially with buttercream. I love to work with buttercream icing rather than fondant except for using fondant as decorations. I'm so inspired by Marc and his talent. Keep up the good work!

Laurie and her crew are so different and I really like them too. The bee hive cake was amazing.

I like the Cake Girls and saw the epsisode of Challenge where she won the last cake standing. Congrats.

I really like Christopher Garren too but am not crazy about the asian woman. She seems really mean to the apprentices and wasn't portrayed as being very nice on the Food Network Challenges.

As for Cake Boss, I don't think I could work for Buddy at all. He is always screaming at his employees/family members all the time. I don't like that at all. I think they should cut out a lot of the family stuff and focus more on making and decorating the cakes. I like a show that will concentrate on the decorating more so than the family problems. Just my opinion.

Revale Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 3:54am
post #19 of 26

I love cake boss! It is one of my favorite cake shows!

And I love CC.

What I meant about the telly comment is that there is a lot of editing to fit into the time slot do don't believe all that you see on it.

dxerebl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dxerebl Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:12am
post #20 of 26

I have to second the other poster that said - OMG, Reva is actually ON Cake Central and talking with all us... icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you Reva for taking your time to comment. I'm sure you're totally busy with a film crew on top of you all the time. So glad to see you struck out on your own - and BRAVO for saving Marc in the process - I just LUV him! Congrats and best wishes for much success!

Love the show too! This season seems to have the better blend of decorators.....not TOO much drama -- just loads of talent. That is the type of show we WANT to see. thumbs_up.gif

Revale Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:36am
post #21 of 26

just wait tell next season!

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:51am
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revale

hello to all,

Keep on caking!
Thanks for your time,
Reva Hawk
merci beaucoup

Proof that you never know who is who on CC.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:53am
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revale

hello to all,

Keep on caking!
Thanks for your time,
Reva Hawk
merci beaucoup

Proof that you never know who is who on CC.

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 5:03am
post #24 of 26

[/quote]

Proof that you never know who is who on CC.[/quote]

I know! Wild, huh? (But we're happy to have the company!)

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 5:43am
post #25 of 26

what channel has amazing wedding cakes? and when does it air

dxerebl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dxerebl Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:01am
post #26 of 26

the show is on WE TV, and airs Sunday night at 10:00 PM EST -- at least in Va Beach icon_biggrin.gif

(WETV is a premium cable channel in my area so you may have to check your service to see if you subscribe, or can subscribe to it)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%