Just Won My Dream Lambeth Book!

Decorating By playingwithsugar Updated 21 Jun 2009 , 9:22pm by MissCathcart

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 4

And it only cost me $24.54, US Dollars!

I looked at the auctions the other day, when someone else mentioned it. There was only one that wasn't a Buy It Now for a billion dollars. I opened my bid with their initial asking, located in the UK, for 9.99 British Pounds (about $16, USD).

I couldn't believe it, but I was the only bidder! I paid right away, too.

Why is this my dream book, you ask? Because it's a second edition. Toba Garrett and I had a discussion about the Lambeth book one day, and she informed me that the second edition "has information in it that is not available in the other editions."

Posts coming from the UK are running about 10 days max, right now, so I'll have it any day.

Just needed to share this with all of you.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

3 replies
nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 4

pea green with envy

of course now we will be expecting lots of pic of cakes decorated with the lambath method icon_lol.gif

Gefion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gefion Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 7:40pm
post #3 of 4

Second edition is different, you say? Now I have to go buy it!

MissCathcart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCathcart Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 9:22pm
post #4 of 4

I picked up a second edition of The Lambeth Metod of Cake Decoration, and Practicall Pastries. It was at my favorite place, the library. Amazon has the book, in various editions, but like you said, they're about a billion dollars. If there ever was an Albert Einstein of cake decorating, Mr. Lambeth was it. His decorating work is completely unbelievable. No one compares. Sadly, most of the pictures of his fabulous cake creations are in black & white. What he does with Royal Icing seems impossible.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%