Blending Colors

Decorating By Ahunt Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 4:16pm by FionaB

Ahunt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ahunt Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 12:55pm
post #1 of 5

I have to do a cake for a couples anniversary and having trouble with blending 3 colors on the cake. The couple is indian but from two different tribes. They created an emblem that I am making into their cake. It starts as the bottom of a heart and turns into a bear on one side and a turtle on the other. I dont have an airbrush which I believe would be the easiest way to decorate. If anyone has any suggestions on how to blend the cake from red to brown and green I would appreciate it.

4 replies
FionaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FionaB Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:01pm
post #2 of 5

If you used fondant to cover the cake you could paint the cake by hand.

Ahunt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ahunt Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 5

Yeah I wish it was that easy.... the wife absolutely didn't want fondant. So I am stuck trying to find a way to do it in BC without looking like its the first cake I have ever completed!! icon_biggrin.gif

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 2:20pm
post #4 of 5

If you're piping the design on maybe you could fill the aread with color then smooth them together with a viva or paint brush.

Could you use an edible image?

Debbie

FionaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FionaB Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 5

I don't work with buttercream as a cake covering, but I've seen cakes on here that are piped like the wilton teddy or handbag, could you do something like that and interlace the colours gradually. Think of it like pixels on a computer, or mosaics. When you step back the image will be blended ( i think!!!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%