Maybe My Favorite Cake Recipe Of All Time!

Decorating By abra526 Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 4:31pm by ShayShay

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:37am
post #1 of 28

I just wanted to say that I just baked the cream cheese pound cake that i found here on CC. This may be the yummiest cake I've ever had. It is dense, moist, and seems sturdy enough to care and use for 3D cakes. I'm usually a cake mix girl, just because of pure laziness, but when I saw this recipe, I just had to try it....so glad I did. Now, I think I'll try pairing it with some lemon cream filling, or some raspberry filling....YUMMY! This will definately be flavor I suggest to any of my clients!

27 replies
neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:02am
post #2 of 28

which one is it?
thanks,
Jodi

abra526 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:14am
post #3 of 28
scgriffiths Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scgriffiths Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:44am
post #4 of 28

Ooh, sounds yum! I printed it out and might try it on the weekend!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 10:44am
post #5 of 28

Thanks for letting us know -- I might make it for Father's Day. icon_smile.gif

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 11:04am
post #6 of 28

This sounds delicious. I can't believe I'd never noticed it before. I have three cakes coming up between now and Sunday. This sounds like the ticket! Can you bake it in regular round pans or does it really have to be in an angel food pan?

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 11:46am
post #7 of 28

I saved it so that I can give it a try! Thanks for sharing!

maddiseeyore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maddiseeyore Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 12:04pm
post #8 of 28

It sound so yummy, I'm going to try it for my next cake! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Has anyone tried baking it in regular round cake pans? How about using it for a stacked cake or a carved cake?

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:10pm
post #9 of 28

Does it have to be baked in a tube pan?

1of5wives Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1of5wives Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:21pm
post #10 of 28

I also am curious as to whether or not you can bake in a round/square pan.... Could this recipe be doubled?????

Tobita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tobita Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:36pm
post #11 of 28

I tried this recipe also and absolutely loved it. In fact--it IS my favorite cake. I also added a teaspoon of almond extract. It's usually baked in a bundt pan but you can use a round pan (if you have the 3 inch deep ones--even better.) You can also drizzle any flavor "simple sirup" over it (I used brandy in my simple sirup)--but it tastes terrific just plain!

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:39pm
post #12 of 28

I will have to give this a try. Thanks

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:46pm
post #13 of 28

Me too! Thanx for posting this delish find! I cant believe I havent seen it b4 either!!! And perfect for a carved cake I have coming up - paired with a blueberry filling - thats gonna be sooooo yummy!!
Thanx abra526 for bringing this to our attention!!!

Alicia0620 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alicia0620 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 2:13pm
post #14 of 28

Ok, so I just printed it out and going to make it for my father's day cake I'm making paired with some fruit filling. But (and this maybe a stupid question icon_confused.gif ) but is it a teaspoon of vanilla or tblsp? And same for the salt? I'm assuming teaspoon, right?

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 2:36pm
post #15 of 28

Yep! Little "t's" are teaspoon and BIG "T's" are tablespoons =}

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 2:46pm
post #16 of 28

THANKS for the recipe! I have been looking for a good pound cake to use for carving cakes...........I noticed on Buddy's Cake Boss show that he uses pound cake a lot for the carved cakes...........so I may give this one a try this weekend!
YAY!!!!
If anyone tries carving with it before the weekend, let me know!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!

MrsAB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsAB Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 2:48pm
post #17 of 28

This does sound delicious!

Tobita, did you actually use another pan outside of the tube pan?

Tobita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tobita Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:54pm
post #18 of 28

MrsAB--yes, I used my 3" deep pan which is used often for pound cakes.
I think this mix is enough for the 10 inch round pan. (Doesn't hurt to try it in a 2" deep pan.)
Someone here mentioned that Buddy from Cake Boss also uses pound cake for carving. I saw on one of the episodes that he added cream cheese to make his pound cake batter and his cakes look so delicious!
There are many similar recipes for cream cheese pound cake. I've also made one (which I don't remember where I got it from) that uses
1 cup unsalted butter
8 oz. cream cheese
1/8 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
2 cups sifted all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla and/or almond extract
4 large eggs (instead of 6 that it called for)
You follow the same procedure for mixing and baking but it gives you a softer cake.
I think this one would be fine for regular round cake pans.

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 6:08pm
post #19 of 28

Ooh, that does look yummy! I may have to give it a try soon. Thanks for sharing that!

Alicia0620 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alicia0620 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 2:00pm
post #20 of 28

I just wanted to say that I made this recipe for the father's day cake I made and paired it pineapple vanilla filling and I got great raves about it! Thanks for posting it! There was only 2 left over slices out of the whole cake lol.

abra526 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 2:22pm
post #21 of 28

With as many rave reviews as this has gotten, I only wish I had come up with the recipe, instead of just posting it! I also made this cake for Father's Day and paired it with Lemon BC. I love the combo of cream cheese and lemon! That reminds me, I think I'll go finish off that last piece!

Gefion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gefion Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 3:01pm
post #22 of 28

Okay I want to try the cake - but I can't see any leavening agent of any kind in the recipe. Do you guys add baking powder or is it a magical cake? icon_lol.gif

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 3:37pm
post #23 of 28

Oh this good I think I will try this out for gift box cake this week plus I had cream cheese I needed to use up. Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 4:24pm
post #24 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gefion

Okay I want to try the cake - but I can't see any leavening agent of any kind in the recipe. Do you guys add baking powder or is it a magical cake? icon_lol.gif

Sif, quite a few "pound cake" recipes don't use a leavening agent in them.. I personally prefer with at least like .5t of baking powder for a cake like this, but I haven't ever made this particular recipe

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 4:33pm
post #25 of 28

Thanks for sharing. I love trying a new recipe when someone raves about it.

woodruffbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodruffbn Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:08am
post #26 of 28

is that AP flour or Self rising? icon_confused.gif

abra526 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:40am
post #27 of 28

I used all prupose flour..

ShayShay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShayShay Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:31pm
post #28 of 28

I made this cake over the weekend and you are right, it is delicious! It is so moist and dense. Very flavourful and rises up nicely! I sliced it and served with fresh whipped cream and sliced strawberries. Loved it! Thanks for posting the link!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%