Throw A Cake Girl A Bone, Please!

Decorating By cakedesigner59 Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 1:27pm by cakedesigner59

cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 4

Sorry, I just have to have a mini-vent. I want to ask all you wonderful decorators to PLEASE add SOME detail on how you made your lovely creations when you post the pics in on here. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to comment on a cake that I really liked and there was not one word on what was used to make it, tools used, etc. I try to always include a least a few words like "MMF accents" "Chocolate candy plaque", something!

thanks, I'm off my soapbox for now. icon_smile.gif

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 10:01pm
post #2 of 4

I can't think of any special tools I use, so mine would always say "used standard cake decorating tools". If it's something you're really interested in trying to replicate, just drop the person a PM and I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help.

YOu're probably aware the topic of "write this stuff as part of your description" is a well-worn topic with a plethora of opinions of what should be included: List flavor ..... i don't care what the flavor is. What's the story behind the cake .... the story has nothing to do with decorating so don't include that. Etc etc, so we'll never please everyone ... the comment space just isn't big enough! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:54am
post #3 of 4

I agree. I hate it when people don't post descriptions -- although I don't blame them. They are probably busy or just not in the mood to put one.

cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:27pm
post #4 of 4

I agree, Debi. I don't care about the flavor. I just mean when something looks unique and sculpted, I would LOVE to know what pans, etc. I saw a cute cake on here yesterday with one of the prettiest tiaras I've ever seen, and not one word was written to tell what it was made of. I guess you're right; "unique" is subjective.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%