Holy Moley! Kerry Vincent Is Next Client On Fn Challenge??

Decorating By chilz822 Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 6:41pm by miny

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 5:33am
post #1 of 27

Oh I can't wait.. this one's gonna be great!

I just caught the commercial for it while watching a DVR'ed episode tonight of an old OSAS show but I couldn't make out who all of the competitors were...
Where the heck is the rewind button?!?

I wonder if that's going to be intimidating for them at all? She's so talented and pulls no punches, I think I'd melt into myself when I saw her walk out as the client if I were there!

icon_lol.gif

26 replies
chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 6:41am
post #2 of 27

I wasn't sure I saw it correctly at first, but yes, it does appear that she is the next 'Client' on Sunday's episode!

I don't think I can say on here what I'd do if I had to decorate a cake for her icon_surprised.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:34pm
post #3 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelleb1974

I don't think I can say on here what I'd do if I had to decorate a cake for her icon_surprised.gif

LOL. Oh come on... icon_wink.gif

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:36pm
post #4 of 27

Ok, so I may be a little out of the loop but.....who is Kerry Vincent?

smoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smoore Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:38pm
post #5 of 27

Client? I want to see her as a challenger!!!!! icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:39pm
post #6 of 27

Yeah, I'd need intravenous Imodium...and a porta potty.

tirechic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirechic Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:47pm
post #7 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoore

Yeah im with you, i want to see her compete!!! I think it would be great, maybe it would show a human side to Ms. Vincent, (since she is a superhero) at least in my book. I would be mainly watching her to see how she does some of the stuff she does. Does anyone know if she has her own shop or even still does cakes anymore.

STRAWBERRY1390 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
STRAWBERRY1390 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:56pm
post #8 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by umgrzfn

Kerry Vincent is one of the organizers of the Oklahoma Cake show and she is the main judge on Food Networks Cake Challenges. She has done stuff for American Cake magazine as well. Try googling her.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 7:38pm
post #9 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by umgrzfn

icon_eek.gif She is the CAKE QUEEEN of all queens! You have got to check her out! Food Network, this sunday, 8:00. Be there! She'll also be on at 7 as a judge for the shrek challenge.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 8:05pm
post #10 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Yeah, I'd need intravenous Imodium...and a porta potty.

Well said!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 8:13pm
post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoore

as a client, i would be so nervous, i wouldn't be able to think straight1 icon_eek.gif

i would definitely like to see her as a competitor...wouldn't that be great...watching all those skills!!! icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 11:47pm
post #12 of 27

WOW! I can't wait for this one! I'm expecting the best of the best.

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:25am
post #13 of 27

I'd love to see Mary Maher (cause she's awesome and my favorite artist!), Norman (cause he's equally awesome), Ashley (cause anything Kerry says just seems to get under her skin!), and Jennifer Matsubara (cause she's also an amazing talent) as the competitors. Kerry and Bronwen seem to have a good mutual respect for each other so she would be a shoe-in I would think, as well as Marina Sousa.

Has anyone heard yet who the actual competitors will be?

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:19pm
post #14 of 27

I can't wait to see this one! So she'll be "judging" from a different perspective - I wonder who the replacement judge will be?

Should be very, very interesting icon_razz.gif

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:51pm
post #15 of 27

Maybe Toba Garret or Collete Peters will be guest judge.

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:06pm
post #16 of 27

Have you seen this article on it??
http://www.tulsaworld.com/Scene/article.aspx?subjectid=39&articleid=20090610_39_D3_Tulsan686514[/url]

Its going to be a great show!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:09pm
post #17 of 27

Looks like there are a couple of big Opps moments and a fire extinguisher... hmmmm. Did anyone see the ACE episode that they are judges in a challenge for extreeeem cakes...LOl I haven't seen that challenge yet I wonder how Ace of Cakes could air it.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:13pm
post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

Looks like there are a couple of big Opps moments and a fire extinguisher... hmmmm. Did anyone see the ACE episode that they are judges in a challenge for extreeeem cakes...LOl I haven't seen that challenge yet I wonder how Ace of Cakes could air it.

The challenge was aired long before the AoC show was.

I would like to see Mrs. Vincent as a contestant, not a client. And I would like to see her have to do an extreme cartoon character, something way out of her comfort zone. It would give her a better perspective of what those who do that type of cake have to contend with regularly.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

crazyteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyteach Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:18pm
post #19 of 27

Yeah-- I totally agree with all of you! I would like to see Kerry Vincent in action. Let some of the past competitors be her judge! I can't wait to see that one--thanks for letting everyone know about it-- it should be a good show!

mareg Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:32pm
post #20 of 27

omg the link didn't work! icon_sad.gif

http://www.tulsaworld.com/Scene/article.aspx?subjectid=39&articleid=20090610_39_D3_Tulsan686514 try this again

The article is called " cooking for a queen"

playingwithsugar Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:34pm
post #21 of 27

Aw, that's ok. They started showing the ads on FN the other day, so I'm sure if the link doesn't work, there'll still be a bunch of people checking out FN to see when it's on.

Thanks for letting everyone know.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:35pm
post #22 of 27

well Playingwithsugar I have 4 kids and have to fight for TV time..LOL I think our digital box is amlost permanetly stuck on Nick JR or Disney. Sigh I alwasy seem to miss the new stuff. And here I was all thinking it was new and it was just another re-run I hadn't seen. LOL

playingwithsugar Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:40pm
post #23 of 27

sadsmile -

Hey, no biggie. Just letting ya know. I had the same problem with TV time years ago, kiddo. My youngest is 28 (1 of mine, 5 steps). Now, it's your turn. Glad I could pass it on to someone I like. LOL! thumbs_up.gif

Theresa icon_smile.gif

crazyteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyteach Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:51pm
post #24 of 27

Mareg-- I was able to follow the link you provided! Thanks for sharing!

mareg Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:47pm
post #25 of 27

Thank God for Tivo!!

LSW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LSW Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 6:24pm
post #26 of 27

I also saw the commercial for the challenge, can't wait! I was wondering who the competitors might be and I searched Food Network but no luck. I did another search and found an article on it. It didn't list the competitors, darn it, but it said that her husband, Doug was a judge. This is going to be an awesome challenge!

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 6:41pm
post #27 of 27

If she's is scary as a judge she'll be scariest as a client!!!! icon_surprised.gif I mean this client knows exactly what she wants an you better deliver, and do it right!!!!! icon_twisted.gif I can't wait to Sunday thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%