Weight Loss Help...with The Chunky Monkeys!

Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 28 Oct 2011 , 1:50pm by TexasSugar

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 3:19pm
post #1561 of 1590

Yesterday's lunch was McDonalds. I haven't gotten up to the bringing my lunch in again yet. But I did look at the menu online and I got a single cheeseburger (the smallest one they had) which had 300 calories.

My brother wanted a small fry, so I just ended up getting him a medium and I took a small portion of them. Had I ordered us both smalls I would have eaten all of mine, even if I didn't really want them. So I figured I'd eat less just getting some of his. And I added an orange to the meal.

Surprisingly even with eating the candy bar and fast food I stayed pretty low on calories for the day. I was hungry in the afternoon, cause the burger wasn't the right kind of calories/nutrition, but it worked out okay. I snagged a cheese stick on the way to class and didn't pig out after.

I actually miss eating healthy. I really enjoy veggies!

I wouldn't be able to go the rest of my life with out eating a fry or eating a candy bar or mac and cheese or cheese cake. So instead I'll just keep coming up with ways to have them now and then, in moderation and when they are truly worth it.

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 3:23pm
post #1562 of 1590
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Yesterday's lunch was McDonalds. I haven't gotten up to the bringing my lunch in again yet. But I did look at the menu online and I got a single cheeseburger (the smallest one they had) which had 300 calories.

My brother wanted a small fry, so I just ended up getting him a medium and I took a small portion of them. Had I ordered us both smalls I would have eaten all of mine, even if I didn't really want them. So I figured I'd eat less just getting some of his. And I added an orange to the meal.

Surprisingly even with eating the candy bar and fast food I stayed pretty low on calories for the day. I was hungry in the afternoon, cause the burger wasn't the right kind of calories/nutrition, but it worked out okay. I snagged a cheese stick on the way to class and didn't pig out after.

I actually miss eating healthy. I really enjoy veggies!

I wouldn't be able to go the rest of my life with out eating a fry or eating a candy bar or mac and cheese or cheese cake. So instead I'll just keep coming up with ways to have them now and then, in moderation and when they are truly worth it.

sounds like a great plan to me thumbs_up.gif

TexasSugar Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 4:26pm
post #1563 of 1590

Plans for this weekend are to clean out the fridge, go to the store, do some food prep and try to bring my lunch at least a few days next week. I could say I'll bring it all 5 days, but that won't happen. So I'm going to aim for 2 to 3 days and then make what I eat at home more on the healthy side of things.

Now to just figure out what I want to get at the store...

butternut Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 12:06am
post #1564 of 1590
Quote:

On the bike I can do about 1 mile in 5 minutes. While it doesn't seem to burn that many calories (156 total for the 7 miles) it makes me sweat! I do the settings that change the resistance up on ya, other wise I'd stick to the easiest one and never change it. So I picked the setting for 30 mins and just started peddling. At the end of the 30 I was a quarter of a mile from 7 miles so I just finished it out.

I had a friend convince me to go ahead and do the treadmill. I was tempted to skip it. 1 mile on it, 21 mins (I just can't get below the 20 mark), burned 122 calories.

I know neither are completely accurate, but the treadmill does seem to burn more, not sure why.

I can tell the aleve has worn off and I know I will feel it more later tonight.

Ok, I've got a challenge for you Tracy. I just did a mile on the treadmill at 19 min. 15 sec. I pushed myself because I wanted to challenge you.... I know if I can do it, you surely can...... Let's see, I don't have an exercise bike so we can't challenge each other on that. Now, I do have an eliptical. Oh boy, I might be sorry I said anything about that piece of equipment. I find that VERY difficult. But, if you want to challenge me, I guess I'll give it a shot.... Let's play.... icon_lol.gif

TexasSugar Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 2:01pm
post #1565 of 1590

Well well Margie, I took your challenge. icon_smile.gif

First let me say thank you, because it was the push I needed, especially since I wasn't doing good at racking up miles this weekend.

Friday night I did 4 miles on the exercise bike only.

Saturday night I only did 1.5 miles on the treadmill.

When I read this post on Sunday afternoon it was the push I needed to just do it, and to try to do it a little faster. I posted on my facebook that I had been challenged, so that was even more incentive for me to be able to come back and say I did it.

I did my mile on the tread mill last night in.... Drum roll please.... 18 mins and 48 seconds.

Since I was doing the happy dance from that I hopped on the bike and did 6 miles on it, in 27.5 mins.

The cord to my elliptical is still MIA, so I can't challenge you to that one. Which I'll be honest, I'm not heartbroken about. That thing is hard!!

butternut Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 2:45pm
post #1566 of 1590
Quote:

Well well Margie, I took your challenge. icon_smile.gif

First let me say thank you, because it was the push I needed, especially since I wasn't doing good at racking up miles this weekend.

Friday night I did 4 miles on the exercise bike only.

Saturday night I only did 1.5 miles on the treadmill.

When I read this post on Sunday afternoon it was the push I needed to just do it, and to try to do it a little faster. I posted on my facebook that I had been challenged, so that was even more incentive for me to be able to come back and say I did it.

I did my mile on the tread mill last night in.... Drum roll please.... 18 mins and 48 seconds.

Since I was doing the happy dance from that I hopped on the bike and did 6 miles on it, in 27.5 mins.

The cord to my elliptical is still MIA, so I can't challenge you to that one. Which I'll be honest, I'm not heartbroken about. That thing is hard!!

Absolutely AWESOME!! Now I've got to work even harder this evening to match your time. icon_lol.gif Yep, there is nothing like a good ole challenge to get ya going. You did great!!

TexasSugar Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 3:27pm
post #1567 of 1590

Thank you and thank you for the challenge.

I'm not sure if I'll push any faster than that this week. While I want to be able to do my mile in under 15, like I use to be able to do, I'm listening to my body as well. My shin was hurting some when I was walking last night, so I cut back on the speed where I could have just pushed on and made it in less time. But I knew if I ended up with my shin hurting worse, I'd be less likely to do a lot the rest of the week.

The muscle in the back of my thigh has eased up too, which is nice. It wasn't a full on pain yet, but that muscles was letting me know it was there, when I was just doing normal every day stuff.

Tonight is class night, so I'll probably take a break from the big equipment tonight.

When I first started walking on the treadmill we joked about where I was headed. At one point, I had walked enough miles to make it to Dallas and back Dallas is about about 100 miles away from here.

I'm not sure where I'm headed this time, but so far I've clocked 39.50 miles in 10 days. I like that I can really add up the miles on the exercise bike, but I can't forget about the treadmill because it seems to burn more calories and I really do think they are working different leg muscles. Feels that way anyway.

TexasSugar Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 1:56pm
post #1568 of 1590

Okay my exercise week is over, since I have class tonight and I start a new 'week' Friday.

My totals this week ended up being 30 miles on the exercise bike and 4 miles on the treadmill. In the last two weeks I have 'traveled' a total of 61 miles.

Not sure what the scale will say tomorrow, and I'm not going to stress over it. Still haven't gotten to be the better eating at lunch yet, but at least I am doing exercise. That way, even if I don't lose, I will hopefully not gain, like I had been all year.

butternut Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 2:15pm
post #1569 of 1590
Quote:

Okay my exercise week is over, since I have class tonight and I start a new 'week' Friday.

My totals this week ended up being 30 miles on the exercise bike and 4 miles on the treadmill. In the last two weeks I have 'traveled' a total of 61 miles.

Not sure what the scale will say tomorrow, and I'm not going to stress over it. Still haven't gotten to be the better eating at lunch yet, but at least I am doing exercise. That way, even if I don't lose, I will hopefully not gain, like I had been all year.

Tracy, you're doing great!! Wow, 61 miles in the last 2 weeks. I'm proud of you. My exercising has gone by the wayside the last couple of days. Been dealing with Dr's and visits and LOTS of aggravation. I thought that a couple of handful of baking chocolate chips would make me feel better but all it did was make me feel guilty icon_lol.gif Can't let frustration and worry get to me. Gotta stay strong, right????? So, I'll hit that treadmill again this evening. I did notice at the Dr's office yesterday that it didn't bother me to climb up all those steps to his office. In the past by the time I hit the top step, I was panting and my legs were burning. Not yesterday though. So, that made me happy. thumbs_up.gif

butternut Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 2:17pm
post #1570 of 1590

Jade - where are you? I haven't seen you on in a little while. Everything going ok? Hope all is well....

TexasSugar Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 2:31pm
post #1571 of 1590

Yeah for the steps thing! That's always a plus!

I've missed you too Jade! icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 1:38pm
post #1572 of 1590

I'm up exactly a pound this morning. I'm okay with that, since I had fast food for lunch and then take out (via my parent's) after class last night. I'm going to tell myself it's the salt in the food, and not drinking enough water yesterday evening.

We shall see what the next week brings. icon_smile.gif

butternut Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 1:57pm
post #1573 of 1590
Quote:

I'm up exactly a pound this morning. I'm okay with that, since I had fast food for lunch and then take out (via my parent's) after class last night. I'm going to tell myself it's the salt in the food, and not drinking enough water yesterday evening.

We shall see what the next week brings. icon_smile.gif

I would imagine that it is the sodium that brought you up a pound. I have this happen all the time. Matter of fact, it happened just this morning. We had smoked pork chops last night. I paid a lot of attention to calories and know that everything I've eaten over the last few days has kept me at 1200 calories or slightly below each day. However, this morning I was up .6. When I checked the package from the smoked chops, I see that it had a ton of sodium in it. Yep, that sodium can do it to you every time. I bet that if you weigh again in a day or two, you'll be down....

TexasSugar Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 3:58pm
post #1574 of 1590

Darn that sodium. I know I haven't eaten the best this week, but on the same side I've eaten a lot worse in the past, and I did all those miles, so I'm okay with being up a little. Next week is a new week.

I'm thinking about braving the shoppers out there this weekend, tax free weekend here, and heading to Kohl's to get some Shape-Ups. I have a 15% off coupon so I figure I could make use of it. My plan is to wear them during the day and to class. I've got to get another pair of shoes to walk in. I don't want to use the shape ups for that, because I wear the tread off the balls of me feet pretty quick on the treadmill.

butternut Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 4:29pm
post #1575 of 1590

Awesome. I love my shape-ups. They are really comfortable, however, I can't wear them for too long. I couldn't walk a mile in them at one time. The back of my legs start hurting. But for shorter distances, they are great. It's like walking in sand.

TexasSugar Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 7:20pm
post #1576 of 1590

I do a lot of sitting at work during the day, so I figure they would be okay to where here. Please I live next door, so I can always change them out if I need too. icon_smile.gif

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go look into them this weekend. I hate paying a bunch of money for shoes, but sometimes ya just gotta.

butternut Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 8:35pm
post #1577 of 1590
Quote:

I do a lot of sitting at work during the day, so I figure they would be okay to where here. Please I live next door, so I can always change them out if I need too. icon_smile.gif

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go look into them this weekend. I hate paying a bunch of money for shoes, but sometimes ya just gotta.

Yep, and after all YOU'RE WORTH IT! thumbs_up.gif
Oh by the way, I tried to do better than your 18.48 on the treadmill last night. I did 19.6. Pretty good, better than my last one but not as good as your time.... I'll keep pluggin away. I'll getcha icon_lol.gif

TexasSugar Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 9:34pm
post #1578 of 1590

Margie, I haven't even beat my time! Most of my miles were on the exercise bike this week. I was 7 miles over the amount I did last week. Debating aiming for 7 miles over what I did this week for the week to come. I've already started my pep talk getting on the bike and/or treadmill tonight. icon_smile.gif

butternut Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 9:44pm
post #1579 of 1590
Quote:

Margie, I haven't even beat my time! Most of my miles were on the exercise bike this week. I was 7 miles over the amount I did last week. Debating aiming for 7 miles over what I did this week for the week to come. I've already started my pep talk getting on the bike and/or treadmill tonight. icon_smile.gif

Great goal. If anyone can do it, it's YOU!! I'll probably stay at the same speed that I did last night on the treadmill for the next few evenings . Then mid week next week, I'm gonna speed it up a bit. I've got to hurry and match your time before you turn it up on me and really put me to shame icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

TexasSugar Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 9:53pm
post #1580 of 1590

I'll wait a little while before I try for another fast mile. icon_wink.gif

I'm hoping new shoes will help on the treadmill. My shin seems to bother me more on it. Or course I think the slight pain in the back of my thigh is from the exercise bike.

Shermie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shermie1 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 12:46pm
post #1581 of 1590

Morning Texas Sugar & Butternut. Just wanted to let you both know that y'all have inspired me to get going again. I got up this morning at 7:00 AM and walked 2 miles with my neighbor. Have to get up that early here to beat the heat. It was great. I too have fallen off the wagon and it ran over me. I managed to lose 30 pounds and i see it slowly creeping back on. I need to lose about 80 more lbs. I have issues with my blood sugar and high blood pressure. So I need to stay motivated. Its three weeks before I go to the beach with my family for a week. So if I can stay focused until then I should be able to stay focused after. I'll be checking in with you guys. Congrats on your accomplishments and thanks for being here when I needed an inspiration.
Sheryl

butternut Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 1:18pm
post #1582 of 1590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shermie1

Morning Texas Sugar & Butternut. Just wanted to let you both know that y'all have inspired me to get going again. I got up this morning at 7:00 AM and walked 2 miles with my neighbor. Have to get up that early here to beat the heat. It was great. I too have fallen off the wagon and it ran over me. I managed to lose 30 pounds and i see it slowly creeping back on. I need to lose about 80 more lbs. I have issues with my blood sugar and high blood pressure. So I need to stay motivated. Its three weeks before I go to the beach with my family for a week. So if I can stay focused until then I should be able to stay focused after. I'll be checking in with you guys. Congrats on your accomplishments and thanks for being here when I needed an inspiration.
Sheryl

Hello there Sheryl. Great to meet you and am looking forward to chatting with you. I'm so glad that you found some encouraging words here. Weight loss can be a challenge but if we all work together and share our ups and downs, and what works and what doesn't work, it seems to really help. We know what each is going through and sometimes just knowing that you're not alone can be comforting.
I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the blood pressure and blood sugar. Being overweight can definitely contribute to that. I'm sure that you already know that and thus the desire to lose weight. I've talked to so many people who have been on meds for both of those issues and have seen great improvement with their weight loss. If they can do it, You CAN too...
It sounds like you are off to a great start with that 2 mile walk. That's AWESOME!!
I'm glad that you found this thread Sheryl, I look forward to meeting our goals together.

TexasSugar Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 1:48pm
post #1583 of 1590

Shermie1, Welcome!

I give you big kudos! One for being up at 7am on a Saturday and the other for doing two miles that morning! Awesome job!

I did spend the afternoon shopping with my mom, and did get some Shape Up's I wore them Sat night and for a while yesterday. Have them on this morning as well, so we shall see.

I only did 5 miles on the exercise bike this weekend. I'll have to make up for that this week. After shopping Saturday and not sleeping great the night before I didn't have it in me. And yesterday I stayed home instead of going over to my mom's where the exercise equipment is. When I go over there I get nothing at my house done and always end up staying longer than planned.

butternut Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 2:03pm
post #1584 of 1590

Tracy, glad you got the Shape-ups. Did your shoes come with a video on how to walk in them? I remember when I first wore mine. There were a couple of times that I lost my balance. icon_redface.gif I do recall that my legs got really sore. I think I wore them too long that first day. Love them, though.
I did my weigh in this morning. I know I did well all last week but the scales just didn't want to show my effort. It showed the same weight as last Monday. Oh well, that just means that next week will be even better. Gotta just keep on pluggin along.

TexasSugar Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 2:37pm
post #1585 of 1590

I haven't watched the video for them yet. Mom has a pair and she was like just walk heel to toe. They did feel totally weird when I first put them on though. Saturday night my thighs were a little sore, but I'm not sure how much of that was the shoes (wore them 3-4 hours) or that I was on my feet all day before that.

Don't worry about the scale this week. Remember sometimes it doesn't move very much. Doesn't mean what we are doing is wrong though.

butternut Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 11:43pm
post #1586 of 1590

Hey guys. It's been a while since anyone has posted and I just wanted to check in to see how everyone is doing. I did in fact post a couple of weeks ago but for some strange reason, my post is not on here. Hmmmm, guess the gremlins are back. icon_lol.gif I hope everyone is well. I've been hoping that someone would post. I didn't know if everyone kind of took a break or what. Let's keep communication guys, even if we're not doing as well as we would like. I was doing really well up until vacation time.... icon_rolleyes.gif Yep, does it every time, doggoneit. Didn't put on too much so it shouldn't be too difficult getting it back off. I can do it but it's much easier with the support of my chunky monkey buddies. So, what has everyone been up to? Tracey, I asked you this in my last post (where ever it is) how the Sketchers were working out for you. Are you noticing any difference? I really like mine but I still can't wear them too long at one time.
Jade, you still out there?
Ok, just wanted to check in again. I miss our chats. Come on guys let's join in again..... There's nothing like a good support system.... I miss my buddies......

TexasSugar Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 1:30am
post #1587 of 1590

I'm still here. We'll I'm back on track at least. Because I was feeling a lot like a broken record on here I decided to go for a fresh start.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=732729

I'm not sure about the shoes. I can feel a 'burn' in the shape ups when I'm walking fast, but not really in the every day wear of them. I don't wear them every day, but usually two to three days a week.

I've missed you! And were hoping you'd pop back in!

butternut Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 10:51am
post #1588 of 1590
Quote:

I'm still here. We'll I'm back on track at least. Because I was feeling a lot like a broken record on here I decided to go for a fresh start.

I'm not sure about the shoes. I can feel a 'burn' in the shape ups when I'm walking fast, but not really in the every day wear of them. I don't wear them every day, but usually two to three days a week.

I've missed you! And were hoping you'd pop back in!

Oh wow, I had no idea that you had started a new thread. I wish you had posted on here that you were going to do that. I would have been active on the new thread. I just thought everyone was taking a break and I didn't want to keep posting until more monkies were back onboard and wanted to chat.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 12:46pm
post #1589 of 1590

I had no idea on the new thread either, because I have been avoiding this one. icon_redface.gif I will definitely check it out. I am so off track it's awful! At the one year anniversary of my mom's death which was the end of September, and my DH now working in Tulsa- (he's only home on weekends), I started eating everything again! icon_cry.gif So consequently I am up icon_cry.gif 20lbs icon_cry.gif I have to get this under control 20lbs in 1 month is beyond awful!!! But I am determined to stop eating junk food, and start exercising again!! No more excuses!!!!

TexasSugar Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 1:50pm
post #1590 of 1590

Awww guys I'm sorry! I figured you would have seen it on the first page of the Lobby instead of having to look for this one.

Anyone that wants to join please feel free to hop on over.

Margie, I say post anytime, even if you think others are taking a break. It may inspire others to join in.

Karen, I think stress and emotional eating out probably a big down fall of a lot of us. But we will work through all of this. HUGS!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%