Home Bakers And Air Conditioning

Business By imanah Updated 30 May 2009 , 2:48pm by crisseyann

imanah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imanah Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 3

For those of you that don't have a commercial space or do, what do you do about the ac. I Know we normally don't keep it cold in our house during the summer months. It's confortable but not to cool. When you have a cake where do you keep it ? I have just been lowering the setpoint of our AC. I'm contimplating putting all my finished cakes for delivery in the basement since it's much cooler there.
I'm considering that a portable ac/dehumidifier may be worthwhile.

What do you guys do?

2 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:48pm
post #2 of 3

I definitely lower the AC temp when I have cakes that are ready to be delivered, but I also try to put as many in the fridge as I can. I don't know if putting them in the basement is a good idea just because it's not really a "food safe" area. If you have a finished basement that's a different story, I don't know what your arrangement is.

Maybe you could get a second refrigerator to put in the basement? I'm going to be getting a second fridge to put in the garage, but I'll probably still keep my cakes in the kitchen and use the one in the garage for my family's food!

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:48pm
post #3 of 3

I've used the basement, set up on our pool table with a towel draped over the box. Of course, I only bake cakes for friends and family.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%