Need To Vent!!!!!! Argh!!!!!!!

Decorating By Lisaa1996 Updated 1 Jun 2009 , 1:58pm by Butterpatty

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 May 2009 , 4:54pm
post #31 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriana

Men... can't live with them, can't shoot them in the back (cops always know).

In our house, it's:

Men .... can't live with 'em. Can't shoot 'em. Well, you COULD ... but then you'd have to clean up after 'em ONE MORE TIME!

And.....

If batteries could mow lawns, we wouldn't need men at all!

jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 25 May 2009 , 6:02pm
post #32 of 49

[quote="indydebi"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriana

And.....

If batteries could mow lawns, we wouldn't need men at all!

No. You. Didn't! icon_lol.gif

That was so funny I about fell out of my chair! icon_lol.gif

On a day going from bad to worse, I needed that. Thanks!

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 25 May 2009 , 8:56pm
post #33 of 49

And AGAIN I say: THANK YOU GOD THAT I AM SINGLE!!! icon_lol.gif

icon_surprised.gif Im STILL laughing about the battery thingy! That was way too funny!!
and BTW: when MY lawn needs mowed .. I borrow the neighbors honey! He's way cheaper to keep around than one of my own! I get to send him away when Im done with him! icon_wink.gif

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:04pm
post #34 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaa1996

, I am going to fondant my DH and put him by the side of the road for the highest bidder icon_wink.gif

LMAO! I'm truly falling off my chair laughing at a picture of that going thru my head!

indydebi Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:09pm
post #35 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by GayeG

icon_surprised.gif Im STILL laughing about the battery thingy! That was way too funny!!
and BTW: when MY lawn needs mowed .. I borrow the neighbors honey! He's way cheaper to keep around than one of my own! I get to send him away when Im done with him! icon_wink.gif

I know a guy who owns a landscaping business and one day I said to hubby, "You know .... I can get Dave to do the job. He's younger, has more stamina, and won't conk out in the middle of the job!" Hubby says, "You ARE talking about grass, right?"

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:10pm
post #36 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GayeG

I know a guy who owns a landscaping business and one day I said to hubby, "You know .... I can get Dave to do the job. He's younger, has more stamina, and won't conk out in the middle of the job!" Hubby says, "You ARE talking about grass, right?"

Grass?.........What grass? icon_lol.gif

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:16pm
post #37 of 49

Hahaha ~ Debi, thats so funny!! Coz - there is NOTHING worse than a half-mowed lawn! icon_wink.gif

KatieKake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieKake Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:28pm
post #38 of 49

Ladies, I would give most anything if my husband, could bug me like that again. My husband has a lot of medical problems, and his short term memory is about gone, he can 't be left alone at home any more because he just isn't safe. This is a man who was extremely intelligent, creative, I never had to have anyone, other than him, fix the car, or the washer, mow the lawn, all those little things we like our husbands to do. Now he can't remember which pills to take for sure, and he takes them 4 times a day every day. Love what you have, because you may now have them forever.

angelicconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelicconfections Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:37pm
post #39 of 49

I feel your pain they might mean well, but they don't get it. My DH has helped me, he wants to help and be supportive but he doesn't really understand 'why are you killing yourself trying to make it perfectly smooth?' um, right but it's someone's wedding cake, and they payed for it. He had learned unless I ask NO TOUCHING!

indydebi Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:40pm
post #40 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicconfections

I feel your pain they might mean well, but they don't get it. My DH has helped me, he wants to help and be supportive but he doesn't really understand 'why are you killing yourself trying to make it perfectly smooth?' um, right but it's someone's wedding cake, and they payed for it. He had learned unless I ask NO TOUCHING!

My husband is a woodworker and he'd always be calling me to the garage to "feel how smooth that sanding job is!" or "Look how great that first coat of finish looks!" (and then the 2nd coat ... and the 3rd coat).

So when he'd make some silly comment about a cake, I'd tell him, "Pretend it's a piece of wood I just sanded!" He'd then hang his head in shame and slink away! icon_lol.gif

angelicconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelicconfections Posted 25 May 2009 , 11:44pm
post #41 of 49

oh, indydebi you make me laugh! My DH does woodworking too

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:00am
post #42 of 49

Thank you for the laughs this morning girls icon_smile.gif

Being married to an engineer, I can relate.

The only way I can ENSURE something gets done when its meant to, is to programme a reminder into his electronic organiser. I swear the man responds to that thing beeping like one of Pavlov's dogs.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:07am
post #43 of 49

I agree with indy on this one. If the DH is going to pitch in and deliver the cake, he has to care enough about his wife's business to take it more seriously. He obviously thinks of her business as a frivolous venture otherwise her business's wellbeing would have been foreront in his mind, and not the fun thing he had going in the afternoon. If the delivery was going to inconvenience him, he should have cleared ANY change in plan with HIS WIFE FIRST! Then she could have made arrangements with the client/friend to alter.

I know as a client if I order something and I need it at a certain time and then am told by the provider/vendor that sorry have to come at a different time, I never use that provider/vendor again. I am paying for their services, and in our biz a contract verbal or written is in effect from start to finish, any deviation should be agreed upon by both parties, definitely not the glorified delivery lacky aka DH.

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:31am
post #44 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoir

Thank you for the laughs this morning girls icon_smile.gif

Being married to an engineer, I can relate.

The only way I can ENSURE something gets done when its meant to, is to programme a reminder into his electronic organiser. I swear the man responds to that thing beeping like one of Pavlov's dogs.

Hahaha! Mine's an engineer too (network engineer) and I have to program his Iphone for reminders too icon_smile.gif

jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:14am
post #45 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieKake

Ladies, I would give most anything if my husband, could bug me like that again. My husband has a lot of medical problems, and his short term memory is about gone, he can 't be left alone at home any more because he just isn't safe. This is a man who was extremely intelligent, creative, I never had to have anyone, other than him, fix the car, or the washer, mow the lawn, all those little things we like our husbands to do. Now he can't remember which pills to take for sure, and he takes them 4 times a day every day. Love what you have, because you may now have them forever.

That must be so hard, I am so sorry. You are both in my prayers. I do love my husband and I would jump in front of a bullet for him. He knows that. I even married his sorry butt twice to prove it! lol We constantly joke around about how we drive each other nuts. I think a strong marriage is about being able to laugh at and with each other. I was lucky to have married my best friend, and he still is.....even if I do want to throw him off a bridge for the insurance money on a daily basis! icon_lol.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 26 May 2009 , 11:57am
post #46 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandmollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieKake

That must be so hard, I am so sorry. You are both in my prayers. I do love my husband and I would jump in front of a bullet for him. He knows that. I even married his sorry butt twice to prove it! lol We constantly joke around about how we drive each other nuts. I think a strong marriage is about being able to laugh at and with each other. I was lucky to have married my best friend, and he still is.....even if I do want to throw him off a bridge for the insurance money on a daily basis! icon_lol.gif

ditto ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ditto^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 3:19am
post #47 of 49

Dr. Phil? Dr. Phil?

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 3:19am
post #48 of 49

Dr. Phil? Dr. Phil?

Butterpatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterpatty Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 1:58pm
post #49 of 49

I placed an 8x10 photo of a praying mantis on the refrigerator as a reminder to DH that he is never ever to bug me when baking, decorating a cake, or cooking (praying mantis' mate and then rip the head off their partner and eat him up).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%