Hat Box-O-Rama Post Them Here! We All Know We Are Doing 1

Decorating By sadsmile Updated 11 May 2009 , 7:11pm by sadsmile

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 8 May 2009 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 15

I thought it would be cool if we all posted our hat boxes in here icon_biggrin.gif I know a ton of us must be doing them! as soon as I can figure out my new camera and it's software I will start posting myself and I get some more deco stuff done. I have pics of the bits and peices so far I will be putting together my cake on Sat.

So lets see what youare working on or have so far... thumbs_up.gif

14 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 15

Oh please..like any hatbox I would make would look 1/4 as nice as yours! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 15

I just finished mine about an hour ago. I'm bringing it to my MIL tomoroow. Tonight I'll put the finishing touches on a second one that I'll be bringing to my mom on Sunday. It's exactly the same as this one, but blue instead of purple. Remind me never to make two cakes this complicated at the same time. What a ton of work. But the joy on their faces will be worth it all.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1363829

__Jamie__ Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:18pm
post #4 of 15

Artscallion...GORGEOUS!

sadsmile Posted 8 May 2009 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 15

Haha Jamie I have seen your pics... and love your style! Stop being silly hehe icon_wink.gif
Artscallion I love LOVE love your hat box! I can't wait to see it's twin!
My hatbox is going to be blue also so I want to see the blue one!

sadsmile Posted 8 May 2009 , 8:06pm
post #6 of 15

Hey Jamie my last cake was crap... seriously poopoo.

__Jamie__ Posted 8 May 2009 , 9:13pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

Hey Jamie my last cake was crap... seriously poopoo.

The nice thing at least...no matter what it looks like...it's still good eats!! icon_lol.gif

sadsmile Posted 8 May 2009 , 9:41pm
post #8 of 15

yes everyone ate their cat poop and loved it..LOL

__Jamie__ Posted 8 May 2009 , 9:45pm
post #9 of 15

Ohhhhhh.....duh!! Lololololol, I just figured that out...hee hee! Yes, cat poop cake...love it!!! I thought you meant you made a wreck! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 8 May 2009 , 9:57pm
post #10 of 15

Beautiful Artscallion! I have absolutely NOOOO clue how to do these!! Have any tutorials in the making? icon_biggrin.gif

artscallion Posted 9 May 2009 , 12:07am
post #11 of 15

Thanks for the compliments guys. I just finished the blue version of "the twins" (and believe me, I do feel like I gave birth today!)

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1363829&sub=1364081

umgrzfn, next time I make one of these, I'd be happy to do a step-by-step photo tutorial. In the meantime, there's a terrific thread with directions for making a hatbox cake, by fairytale, that really helped me make these.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-215781.html

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 9 May 2009 , 8:04am
post #12 of 15

Those are beautiful artscallion!!! Thx for the tutorial link. It would be awesome if you did a pic step by step for those of us (well....me icon_rolleyes.gif ) that are very visual! I can read directions...read them again...and again, yet still not have it right! icon_cry.gif I will definately try one though from the link you gave me! Thx again!

sadsmile Posted 11 May 2009 , 5:29pm
post #13 of 15

Oh artscallion they are so gorgeous! And so much work trust me I know I am still tired and I only did one. I can not believe you did 2!!!!! Just beautiful!

I struggled learning how to use my new camera. The thing has too many settings I don't which one will work better then the next. The pics are a little fuzzy. I finally put up some photos. here...
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1365176

artscallion Posted 11 May 2009 , 6:35pm
post #14 of 15

That is GORGEOUS, sadsmile!!! It's all so delicate and elegant. I love all the elements...the plaque, the earrings....the texture on the gloves. Your Nanny must have been thrilled. Where did you learn to do flowers. They're my passion. And yours are so nice.

Oh, and BTW everyone, sadsmile and I can't have been the only ones who made hatbox cakes for Mothers Day. Lets see some pics!

sadsmile Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:11pm
post #15 of 15

Thanks! Oh my gosh you have to know the dish on this one too! you won't believe it...
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-630981.html
And yeah we can't be the only ones...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%