How To Make Gelatin Bows & Flowers

Decorating By justdi Updated 24 Jan 2017 , 12:26pm by CalaMom

justdi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justdi Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 12:47pm
post #331 of 887
Quote:
Quote:

Yahoo - just received the new book from Michaelle & Dianne today and all I can say is WOW! Thirty pages of mega fun with detailed instructions, recipes and lots (I mean a huge amount) of color pictures for inspiration and instruction. What a bargain this book is and I would recommend it to everyone that has been watching this thread

Awwww.... thank you soooo much for the kind words!!! So glad you like it! icon_smile.gif

So, yes, our "baby" is here!!! icon_smile.gif I actually have my new site (still same name) that will be up & running on Tuesday so I wasn't gonna say anything till then (as much as I've wanted to scream w/ excitement... party.gif ) I will have a sample page or two of the book on the site as well... bear with me just another day. icon_wink.gif

Di icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 5:19pm
post #332 of 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie4

Yahoo - just received the new book from Michaelle & Dianne today and all I can say is WOW! Thirty pages of mega fun with detailed instructions, recipes and lots (I mean a huge amount) of color pictures for inspiration and instruction. What a bargain this book is and I would recommend it to everyone that has been watching this thread.

Way to go Michaelle & Dianne - I hope you make thousands on this book and its related supplies! Good luck at ICES - I hope you sell out!!!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

How the heck did you get a book???

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 10:36pm
post #333 of 887

BWB: Just on a whim I called the store last week to order another gelatin sheet and asked about the book as I had heard that the estimated date was the middle of July. I just thought I'd ask to be placed on the mailing list when it arrived. Needless to say I was very surprised and happy when not only the sheet arrived a few days later but the book as well. I have read every work cover-to-cover and plan on playing with this stuff all week. I wish I was going to ICES as I'm sure all the items will be a great hit! Love, love, love playing with this stuff!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 10:59pm
post #334 of 887

Man I am soooooooooo jealous!!! icon_lol.gif

justdi Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 1:28am
post #335 of 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Oh but Cindy dear... remember that you requested a double autograph, so you gotta be just a teensy bit patient!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Di icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 2:24am
post #336 of 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by justdi

Quote:

Oh but Cindy dear... remember that you requested a double autograph, so you gotta be just a teensy bit patient!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Di icon_smile.gif

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif Oh yeah... icon_redface.gif Hey wait -- She remembered!!! thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 12:35pm
post #337 of 887

BOOK IS OUT~!!!!!!!! Can you all hear me screaming from Ohio...?????

bobwonderbuns Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 9:58pm
post #338 of 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

BOOK IS OUT~!!!!!!!! Can you all hear me screaming from Ohio...?????

Yeah baby!! icon_lol.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 3:15am
post #339 of 887

Have you heard -- they're already planning a book 2!!!! YIPPEEEEE!!! icon_lol.gif

ncaggie68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncaggie68 Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 10:48pm
post #340 of 887

Is the book called "Gelatin in Bloom"? Can you purchase it at borders?

bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 1:07am
post #341 of 887

Ncaggie, Yes the book is called "Gelatin in Bloom" but I'm not sure where you can buy it outside of Di's website. Her website is www.cakeconnection.com and there should be more information there on it. Hope that helps some! icon_biggrin.gif

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 2:51pm
post #342 of 887

WooHoo - just ordered my copy. Thanks for the heads-up thumbs_up.gif

cakeordeath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeordeath Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 6:40am
post #343 of 887

Is there any way you can make it an e-book so i can just download it straight from the site? I'm very impatient and hate waiting for things to come in the mail. My mailman already things im crazy cause i almost attack him when im waiting for cake things to come thru the mail. lol. You should really consider it.

bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 1:04pm
post #344 of 887

Cakeordeath, You might want to write Diane and tell her your idea. Who knows! icon_biggrin.gif

MaraCarter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaraCarter Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 6:35pm
post #345 of 887

Thank you for sharing!! thumbs_up.gif

justdi Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 5:00pm
post #346 of 887
Quote:

Cakeordeath, You might want to write Diane and tell her your idea. Who knows! icon_biggrin.gif

Silly Cindy! You know how long it took us to get the book out... and you think I have time to figure out how to do something techno like THAT?!?!

Sorry, no e-book plans in the works...

icon_smile.gif

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 5:08pm
post #347 of 887

I took the bow class at ICES

Had so much fun and it looks really easy.

the whole book has clear instructions and plenty of pics so you can follow along.

I'm going to make my first butterfly this week for a birthday cake. cant wait to see how it turns out

Loucinda Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 7:51pm
post #348 of 887

The book is WONDERFUL!! It goes into great detail, with pics to help you along. I bought some for friends who weren't able to attend ICES. Thank you so much for putting this together for us! I also took pics of the arrangements you guys had in the cake room - I am making copies to put inside the book for reference! icon_biggrin.gif (the roses are sooo pretty, Now I have a visual to go by!)

bobwonderbuns Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 11:37pm
post #349 of 887

I'm still waiting for my copy!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Loucinda Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 1:43am
post #350 of 887

Hey!!! I went to ICES and picked my copy up - and got to see it autographed in person!! icon_biggrin.gif I LOVE IT!! icon_razz.gificon_wink.gif The roses are my project now to figure out!

nannie Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 2:06am
post #351 of 887

my first bow and butterflies are drying now. icon_lol.gif

Is it a problem that no foam came to the top?

I just went ahead and did it anyway icon_wink.gif

we'll see how it turns out in the morning

Cookie4 Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 2:17am
post #352 of 887

I've noticed that when I use the sugar free jello by itself, or even if I add 1 T of Know gelatin to it I rarely get the foam. I don't think it matters. I have noticed that the sugar free doesn't release as well from the sheets as just plain old Knox does.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 3:13am
post #353 of 887

i got me and my friend a copy of the book at ices too. i really enjoyed the bow demo.. didn,t get to take the flower one.. connie did a great job!!! they were all down to earth in the demo and it was fun..michelle was in there with connie.. and i have always liked to sit in michelles demos.. i met diane and i really like her too..

nannie Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 3:25pm
post #354 of 887

ok, here is my first dragonfly.

I did a butterly but made it too thin and it wouldn't stand up.

I gotta tell you, this is so easy and everyone was amazed at the effect. It was the hit of the cake.
LL

bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 4:27pm
post #355 of 887

nannie that's GORGEOUS!!! icon_biggrin.gif

nannie Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 4:30pm
post #356 of 887

oooh, praise from BWB

icon_redface.gificon_razz.gif

Thanks

I love doing these. I have cut enough to do a bow. That's next.

bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 4:35pm
post #357 of 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannie

oooh, praise from BWB

icon_redface.gificon_razz.gif

Thanks

I love doing these. I have cut enough to do a bow. That's next.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Yeah, like that MEANS anything!! icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously though, I like the colors you used -- very springy and they looked good on the cake! thumbs_up.gif

Loucinda Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 4:38pm
post #358 of 887

Beautilful dragonfly!!

Cookie4 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 5:38pm
post #359 of 887

Nannie - that dragonfly is just beautiful. I assume you used the mold with fondant? Did you attach with Piping Gel? I love the flower as well. Thanks for posting your pic!

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 5:44pm
post #360 of 887

nannie - wow that is fantastic! I have yet to do this technique but I am so going to! I have a big Bridal Expo coming up and this would give me a nice edge. I dont know if I will have enough time to order the molds. Did you use the blue molds from GSA or from www.cakeconnection.com ? Also is it the disco dust that is giving off the two tone iridescence (green/purple)?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%