Can Anyone Give Me Feedbacks On My 2Nd Fondant Cake?

Decorating By Rylan Updated 23 Apr 2009 , 12:34am by Rylan

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 11:51am
post #1 of 9

First of all, I would like to thank everyone here on cakecentral for all the help. I don't know what to do without all of you.

This is actually my 2nd fondant cake. Its pretty tall, about 3 feet and 7 inches. I use round cake pans sizes 14, 12, 10, 8, 6 and I carved the triangular cake from an extra cake I made. All the decorations are made of gumpaste and fondant. I always tend to ambitious when it comes to cakes. My original design never works out so its always a surprise.

Any comments, insults or suggestions?

If you check my photos, you will see a better view on the details.

EDITED: I have no Idea why the picture wont show up in here. Check my "photos" if it doesn't show up or click the picture where the cake is supposed to be.
LL
LL

8 replies
AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 1:22pm
post #2 of 9

I think your cake is stunning! I love the colors and the design of it. I can't believe that it is only your 2nd fondant cake. You did a fantastic job! thumbs_up.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 9

WOW~ that cake is seriously beautiful!! And those desserts look amazing too!

What was the occasion?

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 2:25pm
post #4 of 9

my first reponse when i saw your cake was WOW!! its great. Especially love what you did to the cake support in the middle, what exactly did you do? Continue being ambitious and creating show stopping cakes, we'll be seeing alot more from you im sure!

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 2:38pm
post #5 of 9

I agree, REALLY good job. Very very very very good! If this is only your second fondant cake, I can't wait to see you on Food Network's cake challenges in a few years.... can I say I knew you "when"? icon_lol.gif

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 5:39pm
post #6 of 9

Cute, cute, cute design - and very original. It tells a story...

Rylan Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 12:29am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

WOW~ that cake is seriously beautiful!! And those desserts look amazing too!

What was the occasion?

Thank You so much. This cake is actually for my brother's 1st birthday. It looked so feminine since this was my backup plan. My original plan didn't work out.

Rylan Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 12:32am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcakes

my first reponse when i saw your cake was WOW!! its great. Especially love what you did to the cake support in the middle, what exactly did you do? Continue being ambitious and creating show stopping cakes, we'll be seeing alot more from you im sure!

Thank You so much for the compliment. there is actually a pole in the middle. There is a part of the pole where it was exposed. I then decided to cover it up with fondant and then chocolate to make it look like a tree. I should have taken a closer picture to show the details.

Rylan Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 12:34am
post #9 of 9

I want to thank everyone for the ecouraging words. If you just know, I've been looking at your cakes and they are wonderful and very inspiring. If you want to check out my youtube videos, here it is:

THANKS EVERYONE and I would also love to hear suggestions for a better cake

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%