Cake Boss Show

Decorating By SugaredUp Updated 9 May 2009 , 9:01pm by Cake-Gal

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 12:55pm
post #61 of 136

I was in love within the first 15 minutes. STARING at the TV as his black and white cakes evolved....oh my gosh!!! Can you say, "Sylvia Weinstock?" Gorgeous work!
Yeah, I thought some of the bickering was egged on by the producers, and I hope they'll calm that down a little.
But overall, great show, lots of fun. I'm envious of his big family having a very small one myself. Good for him! and he's a self-made man, which makes it all the more cool!!!!

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:11pm
post #62 of 136

I really enjoyed the show too! I was in awe at how fast they iced the cakes, did borders...When i watched it back i couldn't believe the speed some of these people have. I would sink in that cake shop, i'm not nearly as quick. Maybe one day. I was very impressed with the amount of work coming out of the kitchen. It's gotta be stressful to keep a shop like that going.
The wedding cakes were beautiful, looove the flowers.
At times i wished they would just stop arguing..i come from a large family so i get enough of that already.T.v. is my escape.;0)
Overall, i say i would definitely watch it again. I've set it up to record each week. More power to the 'cake shows'!!! ;0)
Suz

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:20pm
post #63 of 136

Ok - just because you asked I will give you my opinion on the whole thing and all the comments - HAHA icon_lol.gif

1. This is by far the BEST cake show on TV!

2. That is not hype drama for TV - frankly with a huge busy bakery full of a large italian family, I'm suprised that there wasn't more drama and even more suprised that they get any work done at all! I've read where people call it bickering - in the large italian family world we just call it talking! That was nothing compared to trying to order pizza at my Nona's house!! You could have a whole reality show based on that with follow up episodes of whose paying and whose picking it up! Sometimes it takes about 2 hours to figure it all out!

3. I totally don't understand the whole hour = 30 mins! I was really pissed when John and Kate +8 came on! my TV said and hour and I tuned in for an hour - when I realized that the show was really over I almost cried!!

4. I read that the show doesn't really start until May - ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!?!?!?!? I can't wait that long - that is just absolutely unacceptable!!

5. I loved the part about his dad......

Keep up the good work Buddy! I might have died from anticipation by May - you might want to contact TLC and tell them to get that show on the air ASAP!!!

Oh - one more thing - just because Heath had to delete the other post, does that mean that Buddy can't post in this thread - he didn't start it? Not trying to stir things up, just honestly asking.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:24pm
post #64 of 136

I loved the black and white cakes. Especially the piped one-wow was that ever beautiful! What was most impressive was their speed and how quickly they can pound stuff out.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:30pm
post #65 of 136

I can't believe I fogot about the show!!! Especially about reading all these posts on it.

Okay, so it's not officially starting till May? Maybe that's why I forgot.

Please, anyone, any date and time?

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:42pm
post #66 of 136

ITA this is a great show. Those cakes last night were kick ass.

I am excited to see Buddy have his own show, hope they make it an hour.

learnincakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learnincakes Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:50pm
post #67 of 136

Fantastic, loved this show!!!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:55pm
post #68 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by justfrosting

ITA this is a great show. Those cakes last night were kick ass.

I am excited to see Buddy have his own show, hope they make it an hour.

Yes...it needs to be an hour long show!!!

ThisNameInUse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThisNameInUse Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:56pm
post #69 of 136

I thought the part was funny when he was on the phone with the magazine about taking on the other 2 cakes... Everyone was listening and knew he was going to agree to it, but you could just hear the UGHHHH and sigh from them after he said "I'll do it" out loud.

I was thinking the same thing about the stairs and having to carry all that product down the steps. And there is a TON of product.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:57pm
post #70 of 136

I just saw on Facebook that Buddy said his account here was deleted but he didn't know why. What's up with that?

dberck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dberck Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:58pm
post #71 of 136

I missed it last night..couldn't stay awake any longer. I did check TLC and it looks like it comes on again tonight at 9:30!

Can't wait to watch!

sharridee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharridee Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:00pm
post #72 of 136

I watched the show last night too, loved his work, wish there was more. I would not be able to work with that much family, its to hard to reprehend for bad business matters, his sister's phone manners would be a huge problem for me. wow I would never talk to a customer like that. All that yelling a would drive me nuts, I like a little peace an quiet when I'm doing delicate work.

KKristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKristy Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:01pm
post #73 of 136

Loved the show !!! Buddy is so talented...I'm in awe. Those cakes for the magazine were unreal ! My father's family is from Jersey and I felt right at home watching them...that is the real thing...East Coast and Italian.
Hope they make the show longer...can't wait til it's on regularly !
Go Buddy ! You rock!

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:03pm
post #74 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

2. That is not hype drama for TV - frankly with a huge busy bakery full of a large italian family, I'm suprised that there wasn't more drama and even more suprised that they get any work done at all! I've read where people call it bickering - in the large italian family world we just call it talking! That was nothing compared to trying to order pizza at my Nona's house!! You could have a whole reality show based on that with follow up episodes of whose paying and whose picking it up! Sometimes it takes about 2 hours to figure it all out!

This is so true! I loved seeing what happens in a large, full-service bakery. all of the shows out there have been about smaller, high-end custom cake shops. It's a cery different worls to see And it amazes me that a bakery that can produce so many birthday cakes and walk-in items can also produce the quality cakes that Buddy does. If only i had a reason to go to Hoboken to go to this bakery!

Somebody asked if the Brides cakes were real or dummies... I'm going to with dummies. I don't think even a big Italian man would carry a 6-tier cake down a flight of stairs alone - especially one for an important photo shoot!

As for self-promotion, I don't see how us talking about this thread is any different than us talking about Ace of Cakes or a Food Network Challenge. If Buddy starts a thread, I can see it as self-promotion. If we do, then it would be really silly if it gets deleted. That's my $0.02 on the subject... And since it's notmy board, I guess I don't get to make the rules, LOL!

janelwaters Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:19pm
post #75 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

I just saw on Facebook that Buddy said his account here was deleted but he didn't know why. What's up with that?

That is so weird - I bet if he contacted Heath or Jackie they would help him get back online - I knew they deleted his thread - but why his account??

I just read his facebook page and didn't see what you did - where did he post that??

I want BUDDY BACK ON CC!!!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:23pm
post #76 of 136

Yeah... I understand deleting posts that violate rules, but I hope his account wasn't deleted because of them. I would hope you would be extended a warning before banishment no?

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:23pm
post #77 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

That is so weird - I bet if he contacted Heath or Jackie they would help him get back online - I knew they deleted his thread - but why his account??

I just read his facebook page and didn't see what you did - where did he post that??

I want BUDDY BACK ON CC!!!

I think they deleted it because he violated CC's terms...

anasasi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasasi Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:30pm
post #78 of 136

Summernoelle, I sent an email to the bakery to let buddy know what happened with the posts & to contact the moderators. Buddy, if you're lurking in here - I'm sorry if I added to the tons of emails you're probably getting about the show, but we'd love to have you back!

The show was "freakin'" incredible! It's a totally new perspective on a cake show. I'm okay w/ the family drama and the yelling cause it makes me feel right at home, lol. It's nice, though, to see that they get over all the tiffs fairly quickly and still get the job done. I'm in awe of how a family can pull off working together like that. It's impressive because even through all the bickering they pull out an incredible quality and amount of cakes and pastries.

Maybe we should send our comments to TLC to let them know how good the show was and make sure they keep it on for a long time?

mamabakes2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamabakes2008 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:34pm
post #79 of 136

I love his work too but I cant stand the bickering and such....if I wanted to see that I would have stayed in Staten Island know what I mean! icon_smile.gif

buddyV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buddyV Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:45pm
post #80 of 136

hi guys i just want to say thank you so so much for all the great posts. i watched the show for the first time yesterday with my whole family and here is my view on the show. I really loved it and not because it was my show but i really liked it. the season premiere is may 25 09 and it will have 12 episodes for the first season it is on at 10 right now but that might change i will keep you posted. first lets astart with the brides magizine thing if any of you ever made cakes for magizines you know they call you last min. and you can not say no to it. we stayed at the bakery till 2 am finishing those cakes and it really sucked but i was so happy with the way they came out. i think black and white is so popular right now and this was a way to show the same idea with different techniques so i loved it. the sugar thing i really thought was a fluke after it was shoot i said to little frank did they set that up and the truth is they did not . i mean we go through 1 to 2 tons of sugar a week and there was none. what happened we were crazy preparing for the show it was just overlooked. the producers were in there glorys with that but it was true and to be quite honest that never happens mabey things happen for a reason. as far as little frank goes well he is my little cousin and his father was big frank and he has always been little frank when we were younger. one time a customer heard me call him that and said if he is little frank i would hate to see big frank. when i saw the things with my dad i cried that was so true and right from the heart and i am glad they are showing my dad because i owe everything to him and he deserves it. as far as the family drama to be honest they cut it down a little i was scared that they were gonna make me and my family look bad . but to be honest we are real we laugh we cry hug we scream we fight but the truth of it is we are all there for eachother. my sister mary was portraied spot on any one who knows can atest to that. she is the best or the worst she has the biggest heart but do not cross her or watch out. i get more annoyed because i know the real mary at heart she puts up a thick skin but that is just her. overall i am portraied as an old school baker who could make fancy cakes and to be honest that is the truth. i am a hard working family man who has worked real hard everyday. i am in filming now so i am trying to get them to show me baking because i really can and i do want that to be takien the wrong way. the truth is we bang out a lot of stuff we are a bakery so we do it all from giant wedding cakes to doughnuts canolis and cupcakes in a mass enviorment. and i think ace of cakes is a great show and duff is a great guy but we are just different worlds i do not feel we are like copy kats. i really feel i am the only true baker on tv and no disrespect to anyone else but for you guys watching you will see what i am talking about. i will try to keep up with the postings as best i can but this is my first day off in 6 weeks and i got to spend some time with my kids. if you guys have questions or anything email me at [email protected] and me or an assistant will get back to you as fast as possible. i try to stay learking in the back of the forums.

thank you all so much for all your support,
buddy

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:53pm
post #81 of 136

WOW! Now that's cool!

jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:58pm
post #82 of 136

I appreciate you taking the time to come on here and post. I am sure you have so much going on right now!

I watched your show last night and I loved it! Your family is so normal! lol

Your cakes are amazing and I only hope that someday I might be so talented. You are an inspiration. Enjoy your success and your family. You are truly blessed!

Best wishes!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:59pm
post #83 of 136

Thanks for the update Buddy! Glad to see your account wasn't deleted icon_smile.gif

janelwaters Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:00pm
post #84 of 136

Yea!! Buddy's back!!!! I'm so glad that you were not deleted! Thank you so much for the update! I cannot wait until the season premier!!!

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:06pm
post #85 of 136

Great show. For those bothered by the "bickering" - it's called passion, folks. The underlying theme of family love, loyalty, strong work ethic and commitment to quality and art came through loud and clear.... and I do mean "loud". LOVED IT! Can't wait for more. thumbs_up.gif

anasasi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasasi Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:09pm
post #86 of 136

Yay! Thanks for coming back and posting your views on the show Buddy, that was great. I just have to add that I think your dad was watching over you when you said that you were going to make the bakery a household name. Well, you did it and you should be proud of yourself. Now go and enjoy the time off you have w/ your family and kids, you deserve it!

cata29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cata29 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:10pm
post #87 of 136

BUDDY YOU AND YOUR TEAM ROCK!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
I FELL IN LOVE WITH YOUR SHOW!!
AND I"M OK WITH THE DRAMA icon_biggrin.gif
LOVE THE WAY YOU AND YOUR TEAM COME TOGETHER TO FINISH A PROJECT!
OH AND BOY DID I GET HUNGRY SEEING ALL THOSE DESSERTS!
THEY LOOK SOOO YUMMY!

jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:13pm
post #88 of 136

I forgot to ask in my previous post......

Will your family adopt me? lol icon_biggrin.gif

swtness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swtness Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:16pm
post #89 of 136

I actually caught the show on accident last night....and soo glad I did! The show just seemed to have a real feel to it. Most "reality" shows today are sooo not reality, just a dramatized version of it. This was refreshing-I'm glad they left in the bickering and all thumbs_up.gif Buddy and his family do amazing work at an amazing pace icon_eek.gif I gotta be honest, this one takes the cake (yeah..I said it icon_redface.gif ) Great job Buddy, can't wait to see more!

Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:17pm
post #90 of 136

Yeah Buddy! Glad to hear we got the "real": story--except now I'm really upset!! Everyone's been saying the show doesn't actually start until May--okay--that's 10 days away--No biggie. But now you say it's not until May 25th?? What?? Are they cruel or what?? May is sweeps month!! Let's see the good stuff!

Totally love your show...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%