Cake Boss Show

Decorating By SugaredUp Updated 9 May 2009 , 9:01pm by Cake-Gal

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:35pm
post #91 of 136

Thanks for tuning in Buddy. It's an honor to have you as a part of this site.
I don't care for the bickering on the show but it won't keep me from watching it. Maybe it's better than my family who just don't speak to each other again, ever!
Best of luck with the show, I teach cake classes and will tell all of my students about it.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:36pm
post #92 of 136

Like everyone else, I really enjoyed the show. I wasn't expecting the family drama but it didn't bother me. I thought the 3 black and white bridal cakes were BEAUTIFUL!

ThisNameInUse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThisNameInUse Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:40pm
post #93 of 136

The video clip on your website talking about your mom and dad is awesome, Buddy.

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:47pm
post #94 of 136

Buddy I am so happy that you took the time to write, I was up last nigh late watching your program and I just loved it!

I love all that goes on your bakery and that you are family. I am looking forward to all your episodes and I hope they will be on for a long time.

Lomikesa thumbs_up.gif

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:17pm
post #95 of 136

great show!!! I stayed up till midnight to watch

CatherineR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CatherineR Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:20pm
post #96 of 136

BUDDY, LOVED YOUR SHOW!!!!! Loved the way the computer animation was shown for your cake ideas, please give us more of that. My husband will sometimes sit with me to watch other cake shows but he said "NOW THIS SHOW I'LL WATCH!" Keep up the good work and loved the drama that goes on with the family, so real.

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:44pm
post #97 of 136

Awesome you popped in Buddy, I don't know where you found the time. When I decorate cakes I like to be all alone, so I can concentrate, any distraction bothers me. But then I see how your life is, wow, I'm so impresesed, love the show.

Cables4fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cables4fun Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:49pm
post #98 of 136

Buddy,

This show is a hit!! I LOVED IT!! You are SOO talented! The way you worked on the Bride's Cake, AMAZING and BRAVE!!

Your family reminds me of my husband's family, Italian, LOUD, & Loving!! They are GREAT!!

Hope you find much success with this show, you deserve it!!

Keep up the good work and I will spread the word!! We will ALL be tuning in!! icon_biggrin.gif

marisanovy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marisanovy Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 5:14pm
post #99 of 136

Buddy, I can't believe that even been so busy as you are, you find the time to answer everybody and talk to us. THANK YOU! icon_biggrin.gif

Your show is a great hit, you are the real deal, and I'm already a big fan. It's a pitty that I moved from NY to IN, but for sure next time I'm near by, I'll stop to say hello (and eat lots and lots of pastries!).

You are a very talented and down to earth person, kudos to your Papa.

I'm ok with the family drama, italians are hot blooded, just like latin americans, like my family. Talk about drama! icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

I can't wait for more. Thanks again. Great handwork on the black and white cakes, love it! Good luck Buddy.

Marisa thumbs_up.gif

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 5:15pm
post #100 of 136

IMO; Simply THE BEST Cake show on TV and it is about time!
Love the fact you are a complete bakery and not just a cakery!
LOVE your show, Buddy! Looking forward to seeing each and every episode!

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 5:42pm
post #101 of 136

I already posted once in here, but I'll post again... thanks for taking the time to come on here and talk to us Buddy, sheesh you are one busy man. I was already a fan, but now even more so. I think I have to take a trip out to Hoboken and get me some cannolis or tiramisu or something. Please tell me you guys make tiramisu icon_lol.gif

PS - huge cake crush on Buddy! icon_lol.gif

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 5:47pm
post #102 of 136

I didn't get to read all the other posts so if I repeat sorry. I also watched the show and LOVED the Bride magazine cakes. I am not a big fan of black and white but they were amazing! I loved seeing how a busy bakery operates. I was amazed at how many cakes they need to do each day on top of all the big orders, true talent.

I do agree with many others though, I can do without all the bickering and drama, I watch for the CAKE icon_biggrin.gif b

CatherineR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CatherineR Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 5:55pm
post #103 of 136

just wanted to share link to Buddy's info on TLC http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/cake-boss/cake-boss.html

buddyV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buddyV Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 5:58pm
post #104 of 136

Thank you all so much for your comments. It is a lot of work and alot of fun doing what we do each day. TLC has a portion of there site where you can post comments about the show as well. The season kicks off May 25. Thanks again for all your kind words.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 5:59pm
post #105 of 136

Buddy...thanks for taking the time to come here and talk with us 'little' folk. ;0)

You must be so proud of yourself right now..your own show...how cool is that?
I'm sure your dad would be sooo proud too. Best of luck in the bakery and the show. I can't wait to see more. People like you inspire me to be a better decorator.

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 6:10pm
post #106 of 136

WOW Buddy, as busy as you are you take the time to post on here for us icon_surprised.gif you are truly amazing! Your talent is mind blowing and I love that the show gives a look into a "real" bakery who do tons of business not just cakes. I will be sure to stay tuned in icon_biggrin.gif I live in NJ too icon_smile.gif

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 6:12pm
post #107 of 136

OMG I loved the show!! But what a tease, having to wait another month! icon_wink.gif

Buddy, thanks for taking the time to post here - you and your staff are crazy-talented!! That piped black & white cake was just amazing!! What I wouldn't give to be able to pipe like that! fuhgeddaboutit! icon_smile.gif

ailika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailika Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 6:21pm
post #108 of 136

Hi buddy love your show, I'm right over the GW so one of these days I'll be going over there to try one of your cakes hee hee! icon_biggrin.gif

ailika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailika Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 6:21pm
post #109 of 136

Hi buddy love your show, I'm right over the GW so one of these days I'll be going over there to try one of your cakes hee hee! icon_biggrin.gif

ps loved that boat cake you made for yourself LOL

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 6:37pm
post #110 of 136

Loved the show! I couldn't believe my dh actually watched it w/ me---he's not into cake shows like I am icon_wink.gif. But when you were piping the first Brides Mag cake he said "that guy's good". Hopefully, one day I'll get there! We laughed when you made your own cake! He said "guess that's how you'd get a cake decorator to make their own cake". Love that you said "we didn't get paid for it" lol

jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 6:43pm
post #111 of 136

If you pop back in I have a question for you.....

I am just dying of curiosity to know how all this came about? Did you contact them or did they just pop in your store and say "How about being on TV?" Did you have to think about it? What did it feel like? That must have been so exciting! Is it a pain to work with all those cameras around? What about the lights? Can I have your autograph? lol Joking.

OK, that was more than one! lol

icon_biggrin.gif No pressure to answer. I know you are time crunched like no other at this point. Just thought I would ask in case you do get back on here and have a few minutes. I know if something like this ever happened to me I would want to talk about it constantly! lol

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 6:44pm
post #112 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

I just saw on Facebook that Buddy said his account here was deleted but he didn't know why. What's up with that?

Buddy's first post as a new member was to shamelessly(kidding icon_wink.gif )promote himself and his new show...CC rules stipulate that you cannot use CC to promoTe your business or ones self in any way.They deleted his thread but I didn't know they deleted his account icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 6:44pm
post #113 of 136

Oh Honey- that ain't bickering- thatsa Italian!
Ciao!

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 6:48pm
post #114 of 136

Great show Buddy! I loved your black & white cakes--they turned out fantastic, especially if they were last minute!

However, since I don't have a drop of Italian blood in me, I found the bickering a bit much. My jaw about hit the floor when I heard the way the sister was talking to a customer on the phone about a birthday cake!

But that won't stop me from watching in the future! Congrats Buddy! icon_smile.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:06pm
post #115 of 136

Why did I never stop by this bakery when I lived in NJ and worked 5 minutes away???? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

SweetMelissa2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetMelissa2007 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:46pm
post #116 of 136

I too loved the show-the black and white cakes were beautiful!! I missed the beginning so I can't wait to find the reruns to catch the beginning. I LOVED the family bickering! Iam italian and that is exactly how my family "talks"-it stresses my husband out beyond belief, he just can't understand that's not arguing it's talking!! I also think its great that Buddy took the time out to chat with us. Any chance the show can throw tips out for fellow "cakers"? Good Luck with the show and I'll make sure to leave a message on TLC to make sure they never cancel the show!!

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 8:07pm
post #117 of 136

Wow, its so nice the Buddy took the time to respond to our post. He is very humble and appreciates how far he came in live. Cheers to you Buddy.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 8:24pm
post #118 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

I just saw on Facebook that Buddy said his account here was deleted but he didn't know why. What's up with that?

Buddy's first post as a new member was to shamelessly(kidding icon_wink.gif )promote himself and his new show...CC rules stipulate that you cannot use CC to promoTe your business or ones self in any way.They deleted his thread but I didn't know they deleted his account icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

actually "buddyv" joined in January and posted a few times about various things. Then he created a new account "cakebossbuddy" to promote his new TLC show. The cakebossbuddy account was deleted when the cakeboss thread was deleted. I messaged him on facebook with a link to Heath's "deleted" thread as well as a link to this thread, and he messaged back and said that his IP at home had been blocked but was all fixed now. I'm glad that got worked out. I think he will be a valuable member on CC.

The black and white cake trio was gorgeous. I loved all the family stuff at the bakery. CakeBoss is very different from Ace of Cakes, I think it's better. More real. And real cakes for real people! I loved how Buddy got tricked into making his own birthday cake. I can't wait till the next show! Too bad it's a month away. icon_sad.gif

Jazz2U Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jazz2U Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 1:20am
post #119 of 136

I think Buddy joined when there was some bashing going on here. They may have dropped that thread. I think it was right after he had our cake group over for a class. I missed the show last night & I am waiting for the repeat in 20 mins. They were great hosts for our group. No drama, just joking and having fun. I was so impressed with their patience in teaching and they really seemed to enjoy the class too. Buttercream was not my friend before I took the class & I'm beginning to like it more although I never seem to be doing a plain round cake. Speaking of which, I have 4 to do this weekend!!! hmmm, maybe I can just run over & buy some buttercreamed, filled cakes? Ever since I took up cake decorating, I hate baking & making icing. That was the most fun playing with premade icing and cake in his bakery!

If you do go to the bakery, try the walnut cookies - they had the freshest walnuts I've ever had. If you go to a cake show and he's teaching, take the class.

That stairway is steep and narrow!!! The parking is awful!!And Buddy is much better looking in person!

Good luck Buddy! You deserve it.

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 2:58am
post #120 of 136

Even the regular cakes in the display were awesome! By the way, Buddy, you should've won that Christmas cake challenge on FN. That Santa cake was awesome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%