Ok Very Angry...stop Payment Day Of Wedding

Business By dsevans Updated 13 Apr 2009 , 6:03pm by indydebi

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 6:44pm
post #691 of 1040

The check was written for the Monday before the wedding.

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 6:55pm
post #692 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohsmomma

Okay so I've been following this since Friday like all of you, and something's been niggling at the back of my brain....finally popped to the front of my brain..yeah, I know, it took a long time...lots of empty space to negotiate...

Anyway...if the B was given permission to pay on MONDAY after the wedding, why was there a check to cancel on Friday???? Why had she even written a check???

Was she canceling a check she had written BEFORE the decorator gave her permission to pay on Monday??? Was she still planning to pay on Monday????

I'm just a little confused about that....

Ok, I've been lurking on this thread since it started....talk about addicting. Somewhere back in the pages, the Op stated that she talked to the MOBzilla and the woman stated that 1100 was way too much to pay for a cake and that's why her daughter put a stop payment on the check. She basically admitted to fraud over the phone. They obviously did this shortly before the wedding took place believing that the cake would be a done deal before the OP ever found out they weren't paying.
What a piece of work!!

She then proceeded to tell the OP keep her f-ing cake and return the deposit.

So right now, I'm getting a mental pic of $800.00 half thawed Walmart sheet cakes sitting on that buffet table. I sure hope somebody from the venue got pics of that.

I know where I am located, a stop payment for goods or services has to be for a specific legal reason. It can't be on a whim or because you do not have the funds in the bank. If payment is stopped simply because of lack of funds, it falls under the fraud category.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 6:57pm
post #693 of 1040

Kathys90
In the OP it says she probably shouldn't have, but she gave them permission to pay on Monday because they were waiting for their tax refund check, and she didn't think it was a big deal because their first check had gone through....that's paraphrased, but I went back and looked at it again.

RandomCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RandomCakes Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 6:57pm
post #694 of 1040

And the bank said that the Bride had up to 5 days after deposit to recall the check (stop payment and get funds back even after it's been deposited). Therefore, the Bride had to do it on Friday, before she went on her honeymoon.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 7:00pm
post #695 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailsgoodies

But seeing that today is Easter ....

Easter-Smeaster! WE'RE all on here! Enquiring minds want to know!

HA HA HA HA...gotta luv indy

ATCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ATCakes Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 7:02pm
post #696 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

tick tock tick tock... a lot of folks won't have any Easter ham today, if we don't wrap this up soon... icon_redface.gif Now who hasn't contemplated giving our OP a ringy dingy... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif here's her phone # icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif
http://www.perfectsoireesearcy.com/-meta_name__verifyHome_Page.html

I can't wait to hear how this ends. People just get nervier and nervier. I blame show like Bridezillas, Rich Bride-Poor Bride and Platinum weddings. All of of sudden weddings have become these events to please whiny, spoiled brats who think because they are a bride that the world has to stop for them. Like on the one episode of Bridezillas where the Brides 5 yr old nephew disappeared and they had to look for him and she sat on the couch whining that no one was paying attention to her!! GMAB!! The good thing is that the OP had that contract. I still would like to see this on a TV court program!

Laura--

Happy Easter to you and your family.

Amy (3C's)

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 7:02pm
post #697 of 1040

No updates yet? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

kathys90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathys90 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 7:02pm
post #698 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohsmomma

Kathys90
In the OP it says she probably shouldn't have, but she gave them permission to pay on Monday because they were waiting for their tax refund check, and she didn't think it was a big deal because their first check had gone through....that's paraphrased, but I went back and looked at it again.

You are right about that, but, she meant the Monday before the wedding. I believe later on she explains that her contract requires payment no later than 2 weeks prior to the wedding date.

jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 7:15pm
post #699 of 1040

I too have been lurking but I think I may have the answer. The brides mother decided to serve flaming martinis in place of the cake and well.....

Karma. icon_biggrin.gif

kathys90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathys90 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 7:18pm
post #700 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandmollie

I too have been lurking but I think I may have the answer. The brides mother decided to serve flaming martinis in place of the cake and well.....

Karma. icon_biggrin.gif

Oh man, that's gonna leave a mark! icon_twisted.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 7:21pm
post #701 of 1040

geesh, they never heard of "stop, drop and roll"? icon_eek.gif

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 7:44pm
post #702 of 1040

Did anyone catch the chick in the flaming bride video that looked like she was dressed up as Catwoman??? Toward the end of the video they show a crowd shot and there's a gal w/dark hair and what looks like cat eye paint all around her eyes with some bizarre large-printed top on. Bizarre!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 7:45pm
post #703 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonpeach

Right...could you all stop posting until the OP posts icon_rolleyes.gif

I've got so much to be getting on with but everytime I see an update I have to check in case it's the OP icon_mad.gif

So please all just sit patiently and wait icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I agree!! Someone should start a new thread..."The Speculating about the Outcome of Stop Payment Thread" so this one can wait for dsevans... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 7:59pm
post #704 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamcakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnick

I don't usually think this way, but part of me is dying to see an update saying that the Groom decided to call off the wedding over this as he didn't want to start married life with a lawsuit and having his name dragged through the mud because his wife wanted to commit fraud. At least his Mum is on side and I have a feeling she won't let the MOB and Bride get away with claiming to be the victim on the night!

I was thinking something similar -- when the preacher man gets to the part about "Does anyone know why these two should not be joined?" how on earth is the groom's mom going to stay still in her seat and not jump up and down saying "I do, I do!!" icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif

And what about during the preachers little service and he starts to talk about "HONESTY" etc. To be that bride up there having to look her groom in the face after doing what she did. Im so with everyone here, I would love love love to be a fly on the wall, or on the bible during this time. LOL

I wouldn't want to be there. How hot would it be with a lightening bolt striking her down in the middle of the service? That is, if she managed to not get struck just by opening the door!!!!!

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 8:13pm
post #705 of 1040

I was always taught patience is a virtue...guess we're reluctantly adding some virtue to our lives. Then again, I've always been told don't pray for patience...such a hardship we are going through. Oh dsevans please feel the need to give us an update BEFORE your Sunday nap!!!

__Jamie__ Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 8:16pm
post #706 of 1040

I think we've all been had. This was just an elaborate scheme cooked up by one of the chickas on that other cake site to get us going.....icon_biggrin.gif

handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 8:30pm
post #707 of 1040

I hate to post and make everyone think an update is coming in, but could answer this for me? -- I know that BTB is referring to the bride, but what does it stand for??

shannon0407 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon0407 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 8:35pm
post #708 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by handymama

I hate to post and make everyone think an update is coming in, but could answer this for me? -- I know that BTB is referring to the bride, but what does it stand for??

I do believe it is Bride To Be.

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 8:38pm
post #709 of 1040

I just realized there are 707 posts to this thread and only 4-5 are from the OP icon_surprised.gif

Plus how many notification emails will she get when she eventually gets back on line. icon_eek.gif

midialjoje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midialjoje Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 8:46pm
post #710 of 1040

Jamie--I thought about the same thing. I swear if this were closer to April 1 I would be really wondering!!

indydebi Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 8:47pm
post #711 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannie

Plus how many notification emails will she get when she eventually gets back on line. icon_eek.gif

Just one. If you ignore an email notification, it's like saying "don't call me anymore". You won't get another one unless you "answer" the last one in your inbox.

Tortess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tortess Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 8:50pm
post #712 of 1040
Quote:

Quote:

Just one. If you ignore an email notification, it's like saying "don't call me anymore". You won't get another one unless you "answer" the last one in your inbox.

I had 34 notifications is my box yesterday - all for this thread!

indydebi Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 8:53pm
post #713 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortess

Oh wow! I would have sworn I read on CC somewhere that's how it worked, and I've noticed that's how it works in my inbox. 'Coz if I accidently delete an email notification without opening it and going into the thread, I don't get anymore notifications.

Ok.....ignore what I said then. icon_confused.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 8:54pm
post #714 of 1040
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yep...not quite that many, but at least 6 before I went to visit the link for the second time.

shannon0407 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon0407 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 8:56pm
post #715 of 1040
Quote:

Quote:

Oh wow! I would have sworn I read on CC somewhere that's how it worked, and I've noticed that's how it works in my inbox. 'Coz if I accidently delete an email notification without opening it and going into the thread, I don't get anymore notifications.

Ok.....ignore what I said then. icon_confused.gif

Oh wow! I'd like to know how you have your inbox setup... All of my emails are from this thread.

m_t_arrington Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m_t_arrington Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 9:03pm
post #716 of 1040

I wasn't going to join in because I'm dying to hear from the OP, but.....

You only get an another email notification if you visit the topic...I am catching up, and every time I go to a new page and then someone posts, I get an email. But if I stop going to the next page, no notifications.....I use the email notifications as a "book mark." I use the most recent one and it takes me to where I left off.....HTH

indydebi Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 9:04pm
post #717 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_t_arrington

You only get an another email notification if you visit the topic...I am catching up, and every time I go to a new page and then someone posts, I get an email. But if I stop going to the next page, no notifications.....I use the email notifications as a "book mark." I use the most recent one and it takes me to where I left off.....HTH

Yeah...this is exactly how mine works. Someone asked how I have mine set up and I've no idea ..... it's just always worked this way.

m_t_arrington Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m_t_arrington Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 9:05pm
post #718 of 1040

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 9:05pm
post #719 of 1040

Sometimes it works, and other times it doesn't. Sometimes I get 6 or 10 notifications, and other times I only get one. Another problem I have is that sometimes I "stop watching this topic" without actually clicking the button myself. Or maybe my DH did it for me. Hmmmm.....

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 9:07pm
post #720 of 1040

i think this is one of the longest posts i've ever read!! i have been glued to the computer (though i did manage to tidy up a bit and cook a great early easter dinner-cuz it was at 3pm)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%