Ok Very Angry...stop Payment Day Of Wedding

Business By dsevans Updated 13 Apr 2009 , 6:03pm by indydebi

Karen1534 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen1534 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 2:44pm
post #661 of 1040

Okay,
This is really sad. I mean I went to start Easter Breakfast for my honey. And, he comes in and laughs at me. "You're not glued to the "As the Cake turns". Now, he is finishing. Sad, very sad. I can't stand this waiting.

shadowgypsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shadowgypsie Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 2:45pm
post #662 of 1040

44 pages and can't wait to hear the outcome of the Nitwit bride and her dimwitted mother.

Suppose they are both bottle blonds... No Offense to any CC'rs...But I recently read about Blond hair dye causing brain damage if used too often.

That would explain some of this .... the 2 fried their brains with hair color.

I do hope this goes to court. Oh I so liked the picking up trash on the side of the road...better yet a sign on her saying this is what ya get for your wedding gift if you screw the cake decorator.

Alice1230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alice1230 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 2:49pm
post #663 of 1040

Anyone else holding their breath everytime they hit the refresh button hoping the newest post will be from dsevans!????

lomfise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomfise Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 2:52pm
post #664 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice1230

Anyone else holding their breath everytime they hit the refresh button hoping the newest post will be from dsevans!????

Holding my breath?
I squeeze my eyes shut and send a little prayer upwards.
This is insane. I should be working, but everytime I pick up my pen and start reading, my eyes magically find their way back to the computerscreen. Perhaps I should put it in the closet for a few hours.

kcw551 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcw551 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 2:52pm
post #665 of 1040

I have been jumping on and off all yesterday and now today, waiting to hear what happened at the wedding.....this has been a fun ride reading all the post, but I just have to know ....what happened?!?!!!!

Alice1230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alice1230 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 2:54pm
post #666 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomfise

Quote:

Holding my breath?
I squeeze my eyes shut and send a little prayer upwards.
This is insane. I should be working, but everytime I pick up my pen and start reading, my eyes magically find their way back to the computerscreen. Perhaps I should put it in the closet for a few hours.

Maybe if we all send out little prayers dsevans will hear us!

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 2:58pm
post #667 of 1040

Just downed 2 coffees getting through the rest of this thread.
Dsevans: You cake is gorgeous, and I think we all need to take you out for a round of drinks! I can't believe that this childish brat is putting you through this.
I say that you make sure to get your story out and warn people because one of 2 things is gonna happen: 1) Bridezilla is going to need a nice big cake for her next wedding or 2) Momzilla will want a nice big cake for her DD's baby shower.

shannon0407 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon0407 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 3:01pm
post #668 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1534

Okay People,
I'm gonna sound really stupid here. Where is the "update button". Maybe it's to early for me. But, I can't find the update button.

Would someone please go wake up the OP. I can't stand this waiting. We need an update.

It's just the refresh button on your browser... icon_razz.gif
HTH

shannon0407 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon0407 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 3:07pm
post #669 of 1040

Forgot to say HAPPY EASTER to everyone! I've ditched my family to check for updates. This story had everyone's attention at breakfast. Everyone has come up with their own reasoning to why the bridezilla tried to pull this off and what's gonna happen to her. icon_lol.gif I think they are even starting to take bets...

kjskid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjskid Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 3:13pm
post #670 of 1040
Quote:

Over and over and over again! icon_surprised.gif

bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 3:19pm
post #671 of 1040

hehehehe....
Happy Easter y'all! I have been waiting too. I better get to Easter myself before my DH divorces me. (although he is anxious to know as well) We will be at the beach for two days. I can't wait to see how many pages this thing goes up to by then!!!

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 3:27pm
post #672 of 1040

Well, I've had an interesting morning catching up on the drama. I hope the grandbabies don't show up for a while...

Wouldn't it be even more ironic if the bride's community service was cleaning up in a kitchen-a homeless shelter or something...she'd get a LITTLE idea of what the decorator has to do to keep her kitchen clean enough to decorate in.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 3:32pm
post #673 of 1040

There is absolutely no stopping this thread is there,ok i'm interested AGAIN,let's all wait for the outcome of the walmart cake bride shall we.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 3:40pm
post #674 of 1040

You realize it would be perfect, while doing that community service... If she were required to wear her wedding dress and a big sign saying 'I tried to steal my wedding cake!'
----------
Happy Easter!

Karen1534 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen1534 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 3:48pm
post #675 of 1040

Luv it Luv it Luv it,
That would be so fitting.

RandomCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RandomCakes Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 4:18pm
post #676 of 1040

Been lurking on this thread since yesterday morning, thought I would add my $.02

First, someone PLEASE go the OP's church today (where she is taking the other tiers for Easter) so we can get an update! I bet she is there now, telling everyone about what happened, including yesterday when she dropped off the bottom tier for the venue workers, not even knowing we are all ditching our families on Easter waiting for an update. icon_biggrin.gif

Second, If the OP ever gets a shop, not just a kitchen, or even if she meets clients in her kitchen, she should post a copy of the check up, in plain site. I've seen a few places that do this, it really cuts down on bad checks if everyone knows that it will be posted, and anyone can find out they did it. Our local Wal-Mart Gas Station even posted a pic of a drive-off they had (vehicle and person) with a sign saying "Do you know this person? He doesn't pay for gas." Just an idea icon_mad.gif

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 4:21pm
post #677 of 1040

My husband is into this story too! He really likes the idea of a honeymoon in jail!

You know, I think the reason the bride called the night before was to make sure that everything was in place with the cake, and to put the OP off guard. I mean if she calls the night before, then there is no way the OP would have any suspicions of her little scheme! She must have felt so good when she heard the cake was well on it's way to being ready and felt like her plan was going perfectly! Cake is set, time to put that stop payment on the check!

I would say they deserve a premenstrual Judge Judy!

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 4:26pm
post #678 of 1040

The suspense is killing me....I need to study for my board exam and clean my house. PLEASE, I NEED to know how this ends!! This is better than an episode of Law and Order. Jack McCoy would be all over this one. Oooooh I think this should be an episode on the next season of Law and Order CI.

londonpeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
londonpeach Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 4:29pm
post #679 of 1040

Right...could you all stop posting until the OP posts icon_rolleyes.gif

I've got so much to be getting on with but everytime I see an update I have to check in case it's the OP icon_mad.gif

So please all just sit patiently and wait icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 4:31pm
post #680 of 1040

thanks for the store wars freaking hilarious!!! and just as an aside/illustrations of the bank not having to get involved cuz they aren't the victim- if as a teacher you knew/saw evidence that a student was being abused you are obligated to report it (as the bank when they notified the op) it is within their right to prosicute the bride as it is her account that she was being fraudulent with (as indideb said-she knew when she wrote the check that she did not intend to pay for it-stopping the check) i just now caught up on 20some pages and have to make an early dinner as hubbie has to work later today (bah!!) but i will be checing in to as the cake turns to find out what's next!! i completely agree too with going to the newspapers or a magazine with this too-let the community know what some people will try to do

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 4:35pm
post #681 of 1040

tick tock tick tock... a lot of folks won't have any Easter ham today, if we don't wrap this up soon... icon_redface.gif Now who hasn't contemplated giving our OP a ringy dingy... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif here's her phone # icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif
http://www.perfectsoireesearcy.com/-meta_name__verifyHome_Page.html

cakesdelight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdelight Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 4:38pm
post #682 of 1040

I just read this post, WOW I can't beleive people out there are willing to take advantage of people like this. I'm sorry you're going through this; when I was doing medical billing, I had a similar situation happen to me, and now no matter what I don't accept check. I will be coming back for an update to see what happened...Good Luck!

Sandy

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 5:05pm
post #683 of 1040

I ruined my Easter bread, and forgot to cook the ham because of this saga. Now I'm scrambling to catch up.
Happy Easter, everyone!

CakeLadyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeLadyM Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 5:16pm
post #684 of 1040

Ok, I don't know if the question was ever answered, but I never did see whether or not DSEvans was a legal inspected business or a private home caker?

That might make a difference in how it goes in court, I dunno.

michellesArt Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 5:27pm
post #685 of 1040

she has a liscense and does her baking from i pro/legal kitchen (and i hope she had so much fun at her friend's wedding that she can't see straight hehe)

Cookie45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie45 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 6:03pm
post #686 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonK1973

My husband is into this story too! He really likes the idea of a honeymoon in jail!

I would say they deserve a premenstrual Judge Judy!

Heck with that!!! She deserves a MENOPAUSAL Judge Judi. icon_wink.gif

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 6:21pm
post #687 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie45

You can go to small claims and win, but good luck on getting them to pay up. Unless they have something you can put a lien on, and they try to sell it, it is nearly impossible to collect. I'm still trying to get satisfaction from a crooked contractor from 6 years ago.

Kudos to the bank, though. That may just be the driving force for this thing to work out for the OP. Their lawyers will know how to handle it all.

OP, you behaved like the class act you are. Good luck and God Bless!!!

I've found this to be the case too....small claims is pretty much useless....and it takes up more of your time and court costs....even if you win, it's really hard to make them pay up.

michellesArt Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 6:31pm
post #688 of 1040

that's what garnishment is for-the court will see that she sees her money and i like the idea of a pms/menoposal judge judy-she won't take crap!!

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 6:35pm
post #689 of 1040

Okay so I've been following this since Friday like all of you, and something's been niggling at the back of my brain....finally popped to the front of my brain..yeah, I know, it took a long time...lots of empty space to negotiate...

Anyway...if the B was given permission to pay on MONDAY after the wedding, why was there a check to cancel on Friday???? Why had she even written a check???

Was she canceling a check she had written BEFORE the decorator gave her permission to pay on Monday??? Was she still planning to pay on Monday????

I'm just a little confused about that....

kathys90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathys90 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 6:44pm
post #690 of 1040

The bride wasn't given permission to pay on Monday. She wrote a check to the OP, gave it to her, I think Thursday. Then on Friday, the day of the wedding, after the OP deposited the check (they both have accounts at the same bank), the bank called her and told her that the bride had called in a "stop payment" on the check. I think the confusion lies in that had the bank not called the OP she wouldn't have known until she got a letter from the bank on Monday, too late to tell the bride no money no cake.

I hope that clears it up for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%