Ok Very Angry...stop Payment Day Of Wedding

Business By dsevans Updated 13 Apr 2009 , 6:03pm by indydebi

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:02am
post #331 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcravings

I can't imagine all this added craziness makes for a happy wedding day..that bride must be shitting buckets and rightfully so.

Which reminds me .... to the OP: you DO realize that we'll all be waiting on pins and needles for what you find out when you take the cake tier to the venue employees, right????? Tell them they have to give with the scoop, the whole scoop and nothing but the scoop or no cake for them!!

ENQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:07am
post #332 of 1040

I take my hat off to you, you handled that awful situation so well. Your cake is gorgeous & that is a$2000.00 cake, they were really getting a wonderful deal at $1100.00.
Please keep us posted on the next chapter.
Relax now, put your feet up & know that you handled everything very well.

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:07am
post #333 of 1040

I agree Debi, I wonder if they'll take some pics with their cell phones. Can you imagine being a guest at this wedding? It's going to be interesting to hear what they have to say. I wonder if the groom called it off at the last minute.

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:08am
post #334 of 1040

Is there anyone who lives in this city that the OP is in who wants to play detective, grab their digital camera, pretend to be that distant relative, show up at the venue, and try to see what everyone saying and take a look at the Walmart cake table? Come on! We need an insider now! LOL! icon_wink.gif

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:15am
post #335 of 1040

i made it all the way to the end! woohoo!

All I can say is WOW! can't wait to hear the next development is this saga. Please keep us posted and I'm so glad you're able to see the good in this situation. I'd be frickin pissed! your cake was gorgeous!

kakedreamer1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedreamer1212 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:16am
post #336 of 1040

Like someone was kind enough to state before... I know from experience because I had a customer write me a check for a cake that I then took to MY bank, they cashed it but a couple days later I got a call from them saying that the check was bad, (not enough money in their acct.) my bank expected ME to cover the check. I had to track the person down and get the money for the check and take it to my bank. Thankfully I didnt have any problem getting the money from the customer but it was a bit embarassing.

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:16am
post #337 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie0809

Is there anyone who lives in this city that the OP is in who wants to play detective, grab their digital camera, pretend to be that distant relative, show up at the venue, and try to see what everyone saying and take a look at the Walmart cake table? Come on! We need an insider now! LOL! icon_wink.gif

Haha... love it! That is definitely a wedding I'd love to crash! icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:18am
post #338 of 1040

To be honest I want to see pix of the wedding reception, particularly the cake table! icon_twisted.gif

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:18am
post #339 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsevans

I also informed her that the bank had made the decision to prosecute this case as a fraud case after reviewing the contract therefore not only will bride have to pay me my money ( plus any fees incurred from it) but she will also be fined and most likely get jail time, though it could be suspended with community service.

I am glad the bank is stepping in, it will make less stress on me. but it's done and the venue rep is excited about eating cake with the other employees tomorrow and I am sure all the kids at church will be gaga over the cake!

YAY!! I can't believe how estatic I am to hear that she is going to be prosecuted!! Usually, I read these types of threads and feel sorry for the poster, but never comment. However, these people soooooo pi$$ed me off, that I REALLY wanted someone to GET them!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I also wanted to add that your cake is absolutely gorgeous! I also think you handled this VERY well. Love the idea that the bank, vendor and church are going to enjoy some cake! I hope you have a wonderful Easter!

(Indydebi, xstitcher and Ironbaker your icons are cracking me up!)

daytoday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daytoday Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:19am
post #340 of 1040

WOW!!!!!Beautiful cake, have a Happy Easter OP and everyone else,will be wait to hear the rest of the story icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:19am
post #341 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvucic

Haha... love it! That is definitely a wedding I'd love to crash! icon_smile.gif

With 350 guests, they'd never notice one more!

Hey!! I also want to know if this was a bride who thought she was SO popular and thought she'd really have 350 people show up .....OR..... if she expected 350 and had about 75 actually show!

Now that's funny right thar! (she said in her best Larry the Cable Guy voice!)

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:19am
post #342 of 1040

It's her lost. The cake is absolutely stunning! thumbs_up.gif

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:21am
post #343 of 1040

Your cake is SPECTACULAR! Truly gorgeous! I'm so glad the bride and her mother will never get to taste it.

Sounds like the groom's mother isn't too thrilled with her son's choice of spouse. Holidays should be fun!

I'm still angry thinking that nasty bride and her horrid mother are putting a different spin on this story right now! According to them, they did nothing wrong. That makes me so mad!

I'm picturing the DJ gathering the wedding guests around while he plays,
"And the bride cuts the Wal-Mart cake"!

I work in an accountant's office, and we were swamped with work today. We're so busy, but I kept sneaking onto CC to check the developments on this story. I may lose my job over this! (Not really--I got all the work done!) We often run into people who think the rules don't apply to them, just like this bride and her mother. I am very happy to set them straight!

AuntEm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntEm Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:22am
post #344 of 1040

wow you guys are posting too fast! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif I go away to get a little work done and there is 5 more pages to read, and by the time I get to what I thought was the end there is another page lol.
Let me guess the bride isn't a getting a particularly happy mother-in-law I would be so embarrassed if someone in my family icon_lol.gif (or someone joining my family) did that.
OP- That is a gorgeous cake I love all the flowers. So sad you had to put all that work into it though.

queenie1958 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenie1958 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:24am
post #345 of 1040

OMG your cake is fantastic!
My computer kept freezing and I had to reboot took forever to finally read all posts. All that hard work glad too hear the bank will help you out. Brides loss, the groom should run and run now before ceremony.

Hawkette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hawkette Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:25am
post #346 of 1040

Unbelieveable! This is better than TV any day. Dsevans, you are quite the professional to hold up under all of that and still calmly explain the rules. Good for you for not budging, too! I can't believe she just thought she would pay whatever she felt like. You rock!

So...were you bluffing about the bank prosecuting, or is that true? Wowee, someone's going to have a rotten honeymoon...and well deserved, too. I wonder if it was out of the country? You can't leave the country (or maybe even the state) if you're under investigation, can you?

BabygurlCarter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabygurlCarter Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:26am
post #347 of 1040

Wow what a drama. That b and mob are real witches. I wonder if the groom doesn't cancel when he finds out. I would love to be at that reception. That is a very beautiful cake. Hope you post with more on this.

fievel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fievel Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:26am
post #348 of 1040

Your cake is amazing!! I'm hoping the venue will call and let you know how many guests were whispering about how tacky the walmart cakes looked!

Melnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melnick Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:26am
post #349 of 1040

I don't usually think this way, but part of me is dying to see an update saying that the Groom decided to call off the wedding over this as he didn't want to start married life with a lawsuit and having his name dragged through the mud because his wife wanted to commit fraud. At least his Mum is on side and I have a feeling she won't let the MOB and Bride get away with claiming to be the victim on the night!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:31am
post #350 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnick

I don't usually think this way, but part of me is dying to see an update saying that the Groom decided to call off the wedding over this as he didn't want to start married life with a lawsuit and having his name dragged through the mud because his wife wanted to commit fraud. At least his Mum is on side and I have a feeling she won't let the MOB and Bride get away with claiming to be the victim on the night!

I was thinking something similar -- when the preacher man gets to the part about "Does anyone know why these two should not be joined?" how on earth is the groom's mom going to stay still in her seat and not jump up and down saying "I do, I do!!" icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:32am
post #351 of 1040

Oh my goodness, this is better than any soap opera any day! I'm sorry this happened to you but super glad that the bride will finally pay for what she's done.

Seriously, please keep us updated. I couldn't believe how many posts I'd missed since leaving work. icon_smile.gif

Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:35am
post #352 of 1040

I cannot believe some people can be so dishonest! I really wish she had contacted you in person at least.....face up to her mistakes. The fact that she hid behind her mother is even worse. I'm glad the MOG called you personally to get the real facts. Maybe that will help prevent anything nasty being said about you....of course, just add defamation of character to the docket....I'd like to see Judge Judy and Dr. Phil on this one....

If only we could have made it in time.....I would have loved to have been there...by the way, your cake is absolutely lovely. I would be sure that everyone, including the MOG saw a picture of the cake that you completed, personally for them.

The bride really started her marriage off on the wrong foot. Shall we start a pool on how long it lasts?

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:41am
post #353 of 1040

This s*** is BANANAS!!! this thread was only 4 pages when I last looked...I just got caught up.

First - You go with your bad self for standing up and not being steamrolled!
Your cake was excellent and I'm just appalled at this turn of events.

I hope this is a lesson to the newbies just starting out. You always need to charge, you always need a contract, you always need to CYA and you always need to stand up and not be taken advantage of. Clients will look for any sort of loophole to get out of paying. This bride thought she found the perfect one....but EHHHHH....Nope!

Of course we all wanted to give the benefit of the doubt, but the glimmer of that was quickly fading once the bank provided info and then the MOB opened her mouth and ruined all hope. I feel bad for the MOG and her family too, she sound so sweet and wanted to her family to enjoy a beautiful wedding. I'm not sure if I'd want to be at that wedding.....I'm sure it's pretty awkward with the giant elephant in the room..or not in the room.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:45am
post #354 of 1040

Wow, just saw this thread, been out or busy most of the day...

All I can say is, its a VERY VERY good thing you got a call from your bank! It makes me shudder to think that most of the rest of us would have delivered the cake and had a real bad Monday when we found out what the bride did.

I can't believe you handmade all those roses....the bride would have gotten a super deal if she would have just paid up.

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:50am
post #355 of 1040

Can't get this thread off my mind now. LOL
You, know, I actually feel bad for the MOG, though. She's attending this fiasco of a wedding, probably just fuming at the horrible bride - assumably trying to figure out what to say when everyone starts talking about the Wal-Mart cake I'm sure. Do you think they'll just skip the cake cutting part of the reception altogether? I'd just love to know what's going on in there!

ivgotahalo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ivgotahalo Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:53am
post #356 of 1040

I'll bet this is a record for CC! 24 pages in one day! (at least I'm assuming this all happened today. It all says April 11th and since that's tomorrow.....

indydebi Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:56am
post #357 of 1040

This story exceeds anything I've ever read on www.etiquettehell.com .... and THAT site has some doozies on it!!

Crissy_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crissy_Cakes Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:58am
post #358 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeckieAnne

You, know, I actually feel bad for the MOG, though. She's attending this fiasco of a wedding, probably just fuming at the horrible bride

I totally agree with you.
You know, that got me thinking.....do you think the Groom even has an idea of what his bride did? icon_eek.gif OMG could you imagine his reaction first, when there's not wedding cake, and secondly when they are summonded to court?

OMG, what a great reality show this would be for VH1! Anyone have a video camera? I'm moving and changing careers! LOL! dunce.gif

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 1:06am
post #359 of 1040

Congratulations to dsevens (OP). You are a good person or the bank and venue folks wouldn't support you like they did. You are a good person who stood up for what is right. You are a good person who has many, many, many supporters on CC.

Sleep well tonight - you did the right thing.

gramofgwen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gramofgwen Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 1:14am
post #360 of 1040

I showed my husband the picture of the cake you did and he wondered how you would have transported it - each tier in a separate box or all together? icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%