Chocolate Easter Eggs - Mold Melting

Decorating By judcreations Updated 9 Apr 2009 , 6:38am by judcreations

judcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judcreations Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 6:10am
post #1 of 6

I have been trying to make easter eggs from chocolate, but have noticed that once the chocolate is melted, put in the mold, kept in the fridge for 30 mintues. Once removed from the mold, if the chocolate is kept outside it starts melting, can anyone please tell why this is happening. what am I doing wrong............. please help. Is there a special kind of chocolate that is used for molding or can we use any kind?

5 replies
CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 11:53am
post #2 of 6

candy melts sold in cake/candy supply stores....I am not find of the Wilton melts - taste too artificial. Not sure what you are using but this is the way to go. 30 mins seems like a long time to keep in fridge...are these solid eggs or hollow? Don't want to get them too cold as moisture will form on the chocolate. Hope this helps.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:30pm
post #3 of 6

Are you sure the chocolate is melting? Could it be sweating from being in the frig that long?
Yes, as candylady said, it might be the type of choco you are using. You don't say where you live so don't know what your weather is like. Is it hot & humid? What brand of choco used?
These are about the only things I can think of that will make choco melt. Keep it out of the sun and heat icon_smile.gif

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 3:00pm
post #4 of 6

If you are using regular chocolate and just melting it and then re-molding it, it won't work because you need to temper the chocolate. Tempered chocolate will set perfectly at room temp.

If you don't know how to temper chocolate, then I suggest getting confectionery coating/candy melts.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 3:25pm
post #5 of 6

I agree with Pink Ziab. Sounds like you're using chocolate that hasn't been tempered. It'll just melt on ya.

judcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judcreations Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 6:38am
post #6 of 6

I live in Dubai, so it could also be the hot humid weather. Anyway will try with candymelts. Thanks everyone & have a HAPPY EASTER

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%