Sugar Shack Dvds

Decorating By momma28 Updated 21 May 2009 , 8:24pm by supakiki

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:25pm
post #31 of 52

I never make shortening or pwdered sugar BC anymore. I definitely utilize the tips in SS dvd, for sure! The only thing I can't do is the smoothing with VIVA and computer paper. The other tips though.....totally applicable, and works like a charm!

supakiki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
supakiki Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:41pm
post #32 of 52

Would anyone be interested in selling me their used DVD? Any of them? I hope this is okay Sharon!!!
Thanks so much!

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 5:36pm
post #33 of 52

Thank you all SO much for the Kudos! I am thrilled you are happy with the DVDs and the service. We try hard to please!

Thank you!

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 3:15pm
post #34 of 52

I love my DVDs!! I just went and ordered the stacking and my very own buttercream dvd (I borrowed it from a fellow CCer, thinking I could just watch it and give it back, lol. It's too good to not have my own copy!
Now I'll have all FOUR since it's buy 2, get design gallery FREE. I cant WAIT for the new one!!! If it's indeed topsy turvey, I will be one happy decorator icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 1:33am
post #35 of 52

I think I'm getting them for my bday (next month)! (I hope so anyway).

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 1:45am
post #36 of 52

i just got mine too, shipping was very quick.. Just as a warning though, these can be very dangerous, dont put a cake in the oven and think your going to watch them while its baking, you wont hear the timer or you will forget to reset it, like i did this week. it wasn;t until i smelled my cake i remembered that i forgot to reset the timer. Sharon gives her all in her videos and the photography is very very good, great close ups, clear and very professional. a great investment!

sugarshack Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 2:33am
post #37 of 52

Oh sweetcakes I am sorry about your cake!

ACK!

Thanks for the nice words too.

tmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmcakes Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 3:57am
post #38 of 52

janelwaters I nearly dropped my laptop laughing b/c my husband and I do the exact same thing! The crazy part is we have the exact same responds.

Don't mean to rub it in icon_biggrin.gif but I just picked up all 4 DVD's and some of the fixings (tools) Sat and just realized I MISSED ONE icon_cry.gif But, but, but Thats Ok! Sharon is just 15-20 min drive away for me so Heads up Sharon I will be emailing you for my Fondant video.
Never thought I would every want to use "The Nasty Stuff" but after watching Sharons dvd anything is worth a try!

icon_lol.gif my mom and I watched ALL 4 Sun and was amazed, pumped up and ready to go! Thanks Sharon you ROCK!!!! I am so blessed to have you in arms reach.

Oh!!!! by the way for our wedding anniversary last year (May) I asked for my gift to be an Epson edible image printer. His request of course "a truck" well he didn't get it at that time, but the next month for Fathers Day i surprised him with a smack brand new Chevy pickup truck!!!!

Well, its best I get it out the way then b/c this year. Im thinking Mother's Day: Cake boss software & airbrush machine. Anniversary Gift: converting the guest quarters into my new fully equiped baking kitchen! icon_lol.gif Well I mean, We need some kind of balance don't you think!

NanaFixIt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaFixIt Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:17am
post #39 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma28

I cant stand shortening based frosting because it feels greasy in your mouth (higher melting point and all) so I am really hoping I can use butter based. I am always amazed at how wonderful the cakes that are made by people who use method are.

I'm kinda late chiming in on this, but wanted to say that I use SugarShack's techniques exclusively except that I use 2c butter to 3c shortening. By the time I bought her DVD I had already stocked up on 'cheap' shortening (no more Crisco w/no trans fat) and wanted to use it up before buying hi-ratio. As long as you make the batch to fit your mixer bowl (as she recommends), the butter/shortening version works beautifully!!

The REALLY big thing is developing the patience to follow her smoothing techniques. Sharon is as patient as a saint!!!

Love your work Sharon - always looking forward to the next video!

NanaFixIt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaFixIt Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:23am
post #40 of 52

Btw Sharon - I'm the one who bribed you with a contribution to the Katrina fund to extend your workshop in Evansville, IN - and then couldn't come because my mom nearly died...

Waiting patiently to hear when you'll be in my area again...will it cost me another contribution, I wonder? icon_smile.gif

pitagory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pitagory Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 6:37am
post #41 of 52

I just orderd 2 videos I cant wait to get them but I think I missed the deadline for the 3rd free video but still cant wait so exited after reading all the comments on here
icon_biggrin.gif

bakedbycody Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakedbycody Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:53pm
post #42 of 52

I got my first 2 dvd's yesterday, watched the buttercream video last night. It was so good. I cant wait to watch the fondant video. Sharon is a great teacher. I cant wait to start using these techniques.

I have one question, can someone tell me where to find high-ratio shortening? I have looked at the grocery store and didnt see it.

sugarshack Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 7:10pm
post #43 of 52

Thank you all SO SO much!

Cody: you need to find a commercial food supplier locally (not a grocery) or order it online:

country kitchen sweet art
into the oven
bakers kitchen
www.fondantsource.com
global sugar art

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 7:30pm
post #44 of 52

Ok I feel I have to post an update since I started this thread. I got my buttercream dvd. Soaked it in (fantastic, no showing you how to do it for 1 minute and then magically the cake is done in the next frame) I use only butter in my buttercream and it worked beautifully!

I am going to try and add a pic of the first cake I made after the dvd. The bottom tier was just as smooth until a ganache mishap made it so I had to glaze the entire thing but you can get the idea from looking at the top tier. It was easy and the results were fantastic. I will say that my buttercream did not get a huge bank over the top (im guessing its not as light as the shortening based) but it was enough to work with her method anyway.

THANK YOU SHARON!!!
LL

sugarshack Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 7:36pm
post #45 of 52

WOW WOW WOW!

Fantastic work! And looks so dang yummy too!

WOOO HOOOOOOO

I love success stories!

BRAVO!

email it to me for blog....

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 7:43pm
post #46 of 52

Thanks icon_smile.gif it was for my daughters 14th birthday. After making so many sculpted cakes as of late I was thrilled that she wanted a cake that looked like a cake!

Happy to email to you. Do you want just the picture or the testimonial...happy to send both, I am one HAPPY customer icon_smile.gif

sugarshack Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 10:07pm
post #47 of 52

Both! Thank you!

bakedbycody Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakedbycody Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 6:15pm
post #48 of 52

Thank you so much Sharon, I am new to the art of cake decorating. I am an artist/painter and it is a whole new medium for me. I am loving it. Your videos are teaching me so much. They are great for someone just learning these basic techniques. You make it look so easy, im dying to get in the kitchen and start baking.
I ordered 2 more of your dvds today.

sugarshack Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 8:32pm
post #49 of 52

Thank you so much!

amyfj1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyfj1 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:21pm
post #50 of 52

Sharon,

I've been making your buttercream recipe for months now and everyone absolutely loves it. I just bought the buttercream and stacking DVDs and can't wait to get them. You are such an awesome person for all the free help you give to all of us here on this forum. I am so looking forward to learning as much as I can from your DVDs. Keep up the good work and God bless you!

Amy

sugarshack Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 7:42pm
post #51 of 52

Thank you Amy! You are so very kind.

supakiki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
supakiki Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:24pm
post #52 of 52

Sharon,
I'm so excited to buy your DVD's. Are you having anymore deals coming up, or will you offer a deal to your humble fan club on Cake Central?
Thanks so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%