Now What????? Long...

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 31 Mar 2009 , 11:45am by CakeInfatuation

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 11:54am
post #31 of 35

I used the "Crusting Chocolate Fudge Buttercream Icing" found in the recipe's section. I did however substitute Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa Powder for regular because I wanted it really dark.

JulyMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulyMama Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 9:38pm
post #32 of 35

That looks fabulous! How did you make those awesome butterflies?
I like both versions, but I like version 2 a little more, I love the look of the cascading flowers. Great job!

flourbud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourbud Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:23am
post #33 of 35

/First, I need to say that you are far more experienced than I am, but I'll give my opinion anyway. I would do white in the middle layer. Then use pink flowers, etc. as your accents. The brown, white, pink color combo is always a hit. Good luck, I'm sure it'll be stunning.

ClassyMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClassyMommy Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 7:00am
post #34 of 35

I love how it turned out! Great job!

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 11:45am
post #35 of 35

The butterflies are piped in unbreakable gel. It comes in clear or white and is like a thick jelly when you pipe it. But it dries like a flexible plastic. And it's edible. Amazing stuff.

Unfortunately I think there's only 1 true source of the stuff and the woman who created it passed away recently. Not sure what that means for unbreakable gel at this point but I do know it's virtually impossible to get your hands on.

Even Global Sugar Art is now out of stock. If you find some, get more than you want at present. You can store the powder indefinitely in the freezer. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%