Wooden Cake Stands

Decorating By PennySue Updated 28 Mar 2009 , 12:20pm by maryj

PennySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennySue Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:06am
post #1 of 8

I remember seeing cake stands made out of what looked to me like crown moulding. I've looked and looked but can't seem to find the site. Anyone???

7 replies
CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:16am
post #2 of 8

http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=sumthingblue&MsdVisit=1
I googled it and found this site. Scroll all the way down almost to the bottom, and there is a picture of the stand and some simple instructions. It looks pretty cool!!

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 1:02pm
post #3 of 8

I was also looking into some different cake stands. That looks pretty good. THANKS

PennySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennySue Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 1:40pm
post #4 of 8

That's the type of stand I was talking about. My DH is going to build some for me and I wanted to give him an idea of what I was talking aboutl. Thanks!

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 2:38pm
post #5 of 8

I had seen at one time recently a cake stand, that looked like it was a tree but had platters to hold the cake on it...I cant find it now...but I did a search on the net to find stands...try wrought iron cake stands, and also cake stands, unique...maybe you can find something like that.

Ive used all sorts of things..Ive even bought a silver platter, with a slight curve at the edge, and then got the big soda glasses...put flowers, lights in the glasses, and at times beds...placed a plate on it...then another glass etc..to make a tower...Ive also put them at different levels to give a nice effect. LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND SOMETHING!!!!

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:11pm
post #6 of 8

I can't get the pages to load (I'm still on dial up!) but my dh made me a cake stand for a chocolate cake I did. I don't know how to link the picture here but it's in my gallery. It is a raised stand and turned out really pretty. He sealed it with food grade sealer so there were no worries about food on it.

Debluvs2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debluvs2bake Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:25pm
post #7 of 8

I went to Lowes, bought an 18" and 24" beveled round table top. Already cut and sanded. I added four finials (and they come in ALL sorts of sizes and shapes) and screwed them into the table top. Painted with high gloss white enamal paint. Voila, easy cake stand. See photo for finished product. Cost less than $20 for each. I use parchemnt between the cake and board.

maryj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryj Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 12:20pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debluvs2bake

I went to Lowes, bought an 18" and 24" beveled round table top. Already cut and sanded. I added four finials (and they come in ALL sorts of sizes and shapes) and screwed them into the table top. Painted with high gloss white enamal paint. Voila, easy cake stand. See photo for finished product. Cost less than $20 for each. I use parchemnt between the cake and board.

You happen to be my new hero. What a creative and economical idea. cue music.....have I ever told you your my hero,your everything I ever wanted to be. I can fly higher than an eagle, if you are the wind beneath my wings.......applause

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%