Kakeladi --Let's All Help Her.

Lounge By mkolmar Updated 20 Apr 2009 , 2:05pm by janelwaters

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 91

Kakeladi is such a sweet and kind CC member. She's a wealth of information and has came up with our beloved WASC recipe (her's is the original). She's going through a rough spot right now and has a thread where she is saying good bye to CC before she has to cut off her internet.

After talking to my DH he came up with the idea of having members chip in to get her a dialup connection, like NetZero, which is only 9.95 a month for unlimited dialup or 14.95 for the accelerated service.... If only 12 people a year can chip in, each person covering 1 month, or split it up with however many people want to do it, it would cost barely anything to be able to keep a very valuable member to this board on here. This can all be done through Pay pal.

Is anyone else willing or able to help out?

90 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 91

Count me in for 2 months worth ... $30. Just say when, where and how.

mkolmar Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 91

Thanks Deb!

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 91

Who is her internet provider now? Maybe we can just pay her up for a year. Oh and I'm in for $30.00 too!

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 6:14pm
post #5 of 91

I would love to help out. I'll take one month. Let me know when the details are all ironed out

I read her story last night and can you believe that in spite of all that is going on in her life, she is on another thread helping somone else who's icing is the wrong color.

She's a good soul

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 7:23pm
post #6 of 91

Put me down for a month, just let me know how to pay. ( I can do Paypal if it's easier).

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 7:39pm
post #7 of 91

I want to help too. Please put me down for one month.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 8:09pm
post #8 of 91

I'll help! I said in the other thread I'd be glad to get her an internet card if need be. Yay! No way is Kakeladi leaving that easy!!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 8:21pm
post #9 of 91

I can cover a month too. Just let me know how. I've made several $$ off of the WASC recipe. It's the least I could do.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 8:42pm
post #10 of 91

I'm in too for at least a month. My DH lost his job last month so we have no income right now (unemployment hasn't been approved) but if the interviews he's been doing this past week pan out you can count me in for more.

I'm glad you started this thread, I was going to PM her about this very thing after my DH got back home so I know how much I could do but this is even better as we should be able to keep her connected for longer this way. I don't want to see her go... icon_sad.gif

mkolmar Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 9:11pm
post #11 of 91

YEAY! I think we know have enough members chipping in to get her 1 year!
I just pm'd kakeladi to start ironing out the details. I'll keep you all posted.

This is why CC is so great! Thanks a million!

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 9:36pm
post #12 of 91

I'd love to take a month too! Kakeladi is such a fantastic lady.....she can't get away from us that easy!!! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

mkolmar Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 11:00pm
post #13 of 91

The more people helping the merrier!
I'm waiting for a pm back from kakeladi. As of right now it seems she may be giving up her phone line also which makes things more difficult. I hope I just read what she wrote wrong, which I might have because I'm tired.
I'll keep you posted.

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 12:07am
post #14 of 91

I will gladly pay for a month as well icon_smile.gif

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 12:17am
post #15 of 91

Count me in for two months... What if we just had her open a paypal account and we could "donate" whenever possible... that will help her with the phone line and internet costs throughout the year... Unless you want to set up a schedule where X person pays for X month... Whatever you figure out just count me in!!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 12:22am
post #16 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

I can cover a month too. Just let me know how. I've made several $$ off of the WASC recipe. It's the least I could do.

Ditto that. That recipe is the rave of all my customers and I wouldn't be nearly as successful without it. Let me know how you'd like to take care of it-Paypal maybe?

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 12:33am
post #17 of 91

i'd do a month also... keep us posted on how

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 12:54am
post #18 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxymomma521

Count me in for two months... What if we just had her open a paypal account and we could "donate" whenever possible... that will help her with the phone line and internet costs throughout the year... Unless you want to set up a schedule where X person pays for X month... Whatever you figure out just count me in!!

count me in too! I think Foxymomma brings up a good point above! or in the words of kakeladi (I think, right?)
what she said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 2:05am
post #19 of 91

Me too, just let me know when, where and how.

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 3:23am
post #20 of 91

The WASC is my most popular cake! Count me in for 6 months worth!

xstitcher Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 3:59am
post #21 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolmar

The more people helping the merrier!
I'm waiting for a pm back from kakeladi. As of right now it seems she may be giving up her phone line also which makes things more difficult. I hope I just read what she wrote wrong, which I might have because I'm tired.
I'll keep you posted.

If that's the case I think we might have enough folks now to take care of that aspect too. Or maybe cable modem might be an option instead of dial-up. I just saw that Road Runner has it advertised for $34.95 for 12 months and I think with the response we've had so far that would be do-able for a year at least. I'm not sure where she is currently (I've always seen her location as traveling in her RV) so I don't know if Road Runner is available to her but I'm sure we can find something else.
Mkolmar, I too don't remember if Lynne mentioned her phone getting cut either. Keep us posted.

mkolmar Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 4:25am
post #22 of 91

wow! You are all so great! I'm still waiting to hear back from her but that's to be expected, she's going through a horrible time right now.

I like how this idea seems to be evolving. If she's cutting her phone line also we may have enough people to help save that for her too.
I don't know where she is located right now. I'm hoping to hear back from her soon.

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 1:35pm
post #23 of 91

i would love to help too...

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 2:03pm
post #24 of 91

I am beyond speachless at your generosity!!!!!!
Here's the story:
We have not had an in home line for more than a year. Using a Sprint air card for internet connecting. This will be taken from me come early April.
I do have a cell phone.......but have been informed that too will be taken from May 1st.
I know *nothing* aoubt hooking up.....signing on.....whatever. I am a electronic dummy!!!! He has handled all that.
Someone told me I can get a Verizon DSL account w/o a home phone for $19.95 a month but I have NO idea how to go about arranging such.

Oh, I am in North IN - zip is 4 6 5 2 6.

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 3:57pm
post #25 of 91

kakeladi my husband knows about the internet and stuff and he said call verizon and ask for DSL service and they will come out and make sure you have a live line. They will send you a box with the DSL phone line and ethernet cord. Verizon DSL is also wireless. If you need anymore information let me know he will help.

edited to add:He says you dont have to have a phone line if you dont want but you can get a package with phone and internet

Karema

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 4:03pm
post #26 of 91

I'm not a BIG techie- but is there someone who can guide Lynne and us in the right direction?
Sounds like she will need some kind of phone (cell or landor cable?) and internet. What gives the most bang for the buck in her area?? That way we can help her so the money stretches farther.

xstitcher Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 4:46pm
post #27 of 91

I'm willing to help out. Just let me know what you need and I'll find out the info for you. I'm going to start doing some research as soon as I finish typing this. We're not going to let you go that easily Lynne! icon_biggrin.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 7:56pm
post #28 of 91

I'm just seeing this for the first time. Absolutely count me in, just PM me the details or post here whichever is easier. I'll definitely donate whatever is needed.

Deb

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 8:25pm
post #29 of 91

Count me in, too!! Thanks so much for organizing this and giving us something constructive to do, instead of just sitting here wringing our hands and moaning the loss of our beloved kakeladi!

xstitcher Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 9:11pm
post #30 of 91

I did some researching online and have found some deals but all the places I looked at needed an address or phone # to see if those deals where available in your area. I tried calling 2 of them but there closed today.

The one thing I did find that does not require a home phone or cable service and there is no activation fee or any commitment to get DSL High Speed was from AT&T . There offer is $37.95/month. I'm still don't know if it's available in Lynne's area yet though but it does have the option of not having to tie in with a phone line.

Having said that though I personally would feel more comfortable if we also set up a phone line for her. Whether it be through cable, land line or cellular.

I

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%