Meeting A Cc Friend In Person

Decorating By vixterfsu Updated 23 Mar 2007 , 1:21pm by Justenjoyingit

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 39

Since Joining CC I've got to PM and have been PM'd by many people with great ideas and stories. I never thought that I would get to meet any of these amazing people, but I have. I went to Florida and met Eriksmom(Becky) in orlando. We had a lovely lunch and went to a cake decorating store and I bought her a tub of satin Ice fondant for xmas. We talk on the phone and have alot in common. Couple of days after xmas I got to meet babyscakes (Di) here in NY. She came up with her beautiful family and I finally got to meet her.. What a great girl!
I thank CC for your site and getting to meet some new friends.
HAS ANYONE EVER MET SOMEONE FROM CC?

38 replies
SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 3:15pm
post #2 of 39

I love meeting up with people I meet online! I have done this in another forum I belong to! I just did PM a few people today that are locally to me, since NY is so BIG, too big to meet everyone! I live in upstate NY close to the tri state area! Glad you had a great time with meeting CCer's!

Pearl70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl70 Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 39

i have never done this, i do know SusieQ1980, she is my neice..and hogsangel who is my sister

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 3:53pm
post #4 of 39

Several of us from the Memphis area have become real-time friends. We get together quite often to eat, share the latest that's going on in our lives and...oh yeah...talk CAKES! icon_smile.gif

Pearl70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl70 Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 3:58pm
post #5 of 39

Do we have any West Virginia cc'rs

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:10pm
post #6 of 39

Another CC'er lives a couple of miles away. We figured out from what each of us had posted that we lived close to each other. She has stopped by my house for a bit of gossip. She is a very kind and lovely woman.

missym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missym Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:16pm
post #7 of 39

I am from West Virginia. New Martinsville to be exact. I love this site for so many reasons. The people and the forum are wonderful.

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:20pm
post #8 of 39

I live in Oklahoma City visit Houston at least once a year and I visit Dallas more often also I would love to meet anyone but i haven't made friends with anyone outside the forums yet.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:32pm
post #9 of 39

Vixterfsu and I met at the Spring Conference at FCI last year, before either one of us even knew the other was on CC. Then we took the Sugar Flowers class with Ron Ben-Israel together, and have been corresponding ever since.

One day soon, we NY'ers all have to get together, like we originally planned for last Autumn. We better do it soon, before wedding cake season hits.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

vixterfsu Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:51pm
post #10 of 39

tmriga I should of included you, even though we met before cc. SO SORRY. hope all is well.
I hope you all get to meet one day.

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 5:01pm
post #11 of 39

I met Aine2 (Lorraine) at the cake show she won two golds for - so I not only got to meet her, I also got to see her gorgeous cakes 'in person.' She's lovely and has a gorgeous Scottish accent.

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 5:06pm
post #12 of 39

I was asked by a fellow CC'r to do a cake for her parents. She found me on this site. She lives in Illinois and I live in Alabama. Her parents live about 10 minutes from me in the next town. We haven't met in person yet, but she comes "down" every Thanksgiving and hopefully we'll meet then.
I've also found a CC'r that let me know about a local (semi-local) cake club that I never would have found out about if it not been for this site.

aine2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aine2 Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 7:25pm
post #13 of 39

Emma beat me to it icon_lol.gif as I was about to respond when I noticed her comments! Yes, I had the privilige of meeting the lovely, bubbly and full of good cheer, Emma at the NEC in Birmingham in November. I knew she was going due to info on this site too and it was a real thrill for me, I can tell you. She has a super wit and am only sad that we could not have chatted for longer than we did. Maybe this year Emma!

I also met Tuggy from Germany which was just fabulous. She is so much taller than I imagined and very blonde and pretty and towered over my 5 foot status! I was pretty emotional but I managed to hold it in....silly woman! Again I wish we could have had longer to chat but I do hope we meet again at the same venue.

I know I missed the opportunity to meet other CC'ers at that event so this year I shall wear a whopping big badge saying "I am Aine2 - please speak to me!!" and see if that works!

I have other friends who have become very close even though it is only by mail but some day perhaps I will meet them too....that's in my 5 year plan!!

If not for this site I would have never have known these people either so I'm very grateful. icon_wink.gif

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 7:32pm
post #14 of 39

Aww shucks Loraraine! I'm hopeless at busy busy events like the NEC, in fact so hopeess that I went and got tonsilitis and had to have a week off work! It was SO busy and stressful and such a shame there isn't a 'quiet' area to go to where we could have chatted more! I'm thinking of going to Squires in March for their exhibition - I'm guessing this is too far for you to go to though?

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 7:36pm
post #15 of 39

I haven't met anyone yet but hope too this year when ICES is in Omaha. If you plan on attending please let me know so we can look for each other. There is some talk about getting buttons for CCers to were so they can be recognized so we'll see how that pans out.

aine2 Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 7:42pm
post #16 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmascakes

I'm thinking of going to Squires in March for their exhibition - I'm guessing this is too far for you to go to though?

I would really like to go to a Squires Exhibition but I can only afford the time at the moment for one event like this and I can't quite give up the Birmingham one just yet! Also, as you mentioned, it does get pretty stressful and with the Christmas cakes the following month I find that I am just beginning to recover by March! Hopefully I'll be able to go at some point but it won't be this year. I hope you have a great time though and don't lose your voice this time! Let me know what it's like and send a few pic my way if you can.

I hope to see you in November again.

Cheers m'dear! icon_lol.gif

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 10:42pm
post #17 of 39

i had the opportunity to meet Jan (fairytale) and see her demo her cookies. I know Marina34 (she sent me to cc) Hopefully I will be meeting ShirleyW next month at the cake club meeting she invited me to

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 10:46pm
post #18 of 39

You know, from the PMs I've received over the past few weeks, there are several gals around me, I'm thinking of getting us all together for a mini-convention! icon_biggrin.gif

cakerunner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerunner Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 10:55pm
post #19 of 39

I met sugarflowers and frostedexpressions at the OSSAS but didn't know they were CCers until I got home!
Becky

franjmc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
franjmc Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 11:04pm
post #20 of 39

I meet Boonenati and Koko4min, who are both Aussie girls like me through CC. Both girls (Nati and Min) are now very close friends and we often get together for girly outings and do cake stuff!

Tuggy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tuggy Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 11:32pm
post #21 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by aine2

Again I wish we could have had longer to chat but I do hope we meet again at the same venue.

It was great to meet you Lorraine and, like Emme said, it was fantastic to see your cake "live". Maybe one of my UK trips will go up to the North icon_wink.gif

I also had the pleasure of meeting Ursula40 last summer, during her holidays here in Germany. We had a come-together with other german cake decorators and really had a great time.

vixterfsu Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 1:09am
post #22 of 39

I think it is time to get a convention going girls and guys what do you think?
I'm so glad you all got to meet someone you have been corresponding with on CC. It has been a delight.

aine2 Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 10:01am
post #23 of 39

Absolutely!! icon_lol.gif

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 12:04am
post #24 of 39

I may get to see some people from CC in two days at Confections on Parade, but I am not going to meet them.

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 12:25am
post #25 of 39

Hey Bobwonderbuns......
I looked behind me but you weren't there. I love that, first time I saw it I literally looked over my shoulder.lol
Anyone in Florida? I'm in Kissimmee.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 12:43am
post #26 of 39

Isn't that fun? I just recently met Samele from Vallejo, she is a member of my cake club but we hadn't met until last month. Another time a member from another forum flew from Michigan to San Francisco with her husband when he came out on business. Another member and I met her in San Francisco for lunch and had such a fun time talking.

nglez09 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 12:47am
post #27 of 39

I guess it's easier ("safer") for adults.

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 12:58am
post #28 of 39

i think we should have our own mini cc convention. i'd love to see some faces behind the names.

MemphisMom9801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MemphisMom9801 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 12:59am
post #29 of 39

Is there a way on here (other than having to take notice of everyone's location when they post a reply) to find out who lives close by where you live?

nglez09 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 1:02am
post #30 of 39

I'm not sure if this is what you mean. . .

but under "memberlist", you can sort by location and type in, for example, "New York City" if you want to find someone who lives in NYC. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%