Your All To Blame!

Business By crumbcake Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 10:01pm by Melvira

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:18pm
post #31 of 55

Addict here,when i found this site and read the warning that it was addictive, i thought yeah yeah yeah.But now, i wake up to this site,its the last thing i see b4 i go to bed.Even when i quickly log on to check my mail i will check CC first.Its now so bad that even when i'm watching a film i have CC open in another window and i'm watching both,more of CC than the film.I rest my case.I can't stop talking about it to friends and they are like "what is that".But i dont care.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:23pm
post #32 of 55

Actually, I'm totally disappointed in you guys. I mean seriously... letting this site be the central revolving point in your life? I mean, I enjoy pretty cakes, but good gravy, I'm no ADDICT. I mean, I can quit any time. Yep... I don't hang out here because I NEED to, I just do it, cuz, ya know, it's fun... and stuff. I mean, I could leave any time. I could just walk away. No problemo... no siree. Yep. I could just click that little X in the corner and be done with it. Humm dee dum... any time I want... yesirree... no addiction here... la la la... dum dum dee dum... just click it. No worries... any time...

icon_lol.gif

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:32pm
post #33 of 55

Melvira, you crack me up. I have this thought in my head 24 hrs a day...all I want to do is make cakes. That's it and this site just makes that thought stand out front and center. I have a "normal" job and it takes a lot of my time. And all I want to do is make cake.

There are so many awesome cakes I've saved or seen that I want to make..I want to make better cakes, I want to make bigger cakes...CAKES CAKES CAKES...I'm seriously obsessed ...the other day I got my latest Sugar Shack DVD Bows and Boxes, and my sister said "You are such a dork" and I said...All I want to do is make cake!

jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:34pm
post #34 of 55

I have been reborn in my addiction...it's sad but true. After I gave birth to my daughter I stopped doing cakes for a while (a lot going on in life at the time) so I also stopped looking at cakecentral....it was a sad, sad time indeed. Like losing a close friend. Then I received a PM from a fellow cc member and I'm BACK! Never to leave my precious CC again! I like to think of CC as a love not an addiction. Then again that's probably the denial.

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:36pm
post #35 of 55

I thought the same thing solascakes. I could be on more but I really say to myself no Cheryl not today. Like now I need to go and do my exercise and get things prep for a cake order. Of course I will get it done but I really love this site and other people can't understand what's all the big deal. I really do not have any one else who has the passion for what I do except you guys you truly understand. I look forward to click bam I'm on cc. My husband said I'm forever on this computer and when I first met him he use to be on the computer. He has playstation I have cc I think that's fair. icon_lol.gif

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:38pm
post #36 of 55

If I have a lot to get done around the house (that doesn't involve caking!!), I cannot even log onto this site for a minute. I used to tell myself I could have 5 minutes before I would fold laundry, do dishes, etc., and then 2 hours later..... still on here. So, now I make myself get everything else done and then I can come and play! I sometimes tell my husband that I am on "cakecentral restriction!!" I have NEVER posted on a forum before cakecentral!! This is new to me and I am soooo addicted!

Indydebi...... I do see you on here ALL the time. I LOVE reading your posts. You have many years of experience and you just tell it like it is. I like that. I have also noticed that you have had a lot of jobs in your life!!

isabow2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isabow2 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:41pm
post #37 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

I have a "normal" job and it takes a lot of my time. And all I want to do is make cake.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I feel EXACTLY the same way. Since becoming addicted to cakes, I have found myself becoming increasingly annoyed w/my job b/c I have to be here EVERYDAY. I'd much rather be making cakes (although I'm still a newb). I just keep thinking...do I really have to go to work today?!

It's pretty much all I talk about(my BF is getting close to strangling me I think) & it's even drifted into my sleep as I've now begun dreaming out cakes. icon_rolleyes.gif

mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:53pm
post #38 of 55

Yes, CC has ruined my sex life. DH is always in bed long before I put down the laptop.

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:55pm
post #39 of 55

I used to have one bad addiction in life...caffeine. Now I have 2; caffeine and this site (and not necessarily in that order since the computer gets turned on in the a.m. before I put the coffee on). Now that's sad when CC comes up before the coffee is done and I'm not even coherent yet! I'm stumbling around at 6 a.m., my 130 lb. dog is headbutting me to go out, and I won't move until I see what new info is on the forum. Now that's addiction.

Seriously though, it's easy to get addicted. There's so much knowledge on this one site and everyone is so willing to share their techniques. What's not to love?

nonnyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonnyscakes Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:55pm
post #40 of 55

I have been addicted to this site since I joined in 2007 (daylight to well past dark each day). I don't post much, but I am constantly reading messages in the forums and looking at the wonderful cakes. Thanks to you all for making it a fun experience.

Maria_Campos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria_Campos Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:56pm
post #41 of 55

Thats why I call it Crack Central. I have a big expense report right in front of me on my desk right now... since YESTERDAY!! and I have not touched it yet becuase I was too busy browsing and voting on babyshower cakes this morning. And yes I have gained weight.. why you ask, not becuase I'm eating all my cake scraps, no it's because I do not move from my computer all day long because I'm on here... the only excersize I get these days is rolling out fondant. icon_confused.gif And when I leave my office to walk to my car. I get home and I don't even have to log in because my computer knows the deal... already log in already. Yes CRACK CENTRAL

enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 4:15pm
post #42 of 55

Isabow2 wrote:
"It's even drifted into my sleep as I've now begun dreaming out cakes."

Me too. There is a commercial that asks if you dream in chocolate and I reply No I dream in cake.

edited for spelling.

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 4:19pm
post #43 of 55

my husband has the nerve to tell me "thats why your wrists hurt so much",because im on the computer looking at cc all the time. hummm...... NO WAY!! not even!! thats not why!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

starcitycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starcitycakes Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 4:27pm
post #44 of 55

Yeah, every since I've joined that's all I want to do is make cakes. I'm gonna make all the guys I work with FAT because I'm bringing a new cake every Friday or so...lol. I made a birthday cake for my DH's friends last weekend and I got on here to find my recipe that I use for the icing and he said " MY GOD! CAN YOU NOT MAKE A CAKE ANYMORE WITH OUT GETTING ON THAT DAMN WEBSITE!! ALL I WANT IS A PLAIN, SIMPLE CAKE!!" I was like "well, of course not!" but yeah I just about can't anymore icon_lol.gif lol

pastrychef22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrychef22 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 4:37pm
post #45 of 55

The site is very addictive and I must say that this site has really helpped me becuase i see a cake I like then I go and try to make something that looks like it. Then by doing that i start thinking up new ideas. Also I am sitting at school right now when I know that I know i should be watching my class but I have them doing work and i just glance up at them every now and then and answer questions when a hand goes in the air.

nissi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nissi01 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 5:34pm
post #46 of 55

Hello, my name is Denise and I am a Cake Central addict.
I too have to be logged in at all times. I feel lost when I am not on here looking at the pretty cakes and getting insparation. I used to be able to log in at work when I would get in in the am, but they blocked the site icon_cry.gif . Im supposed to be doing my work, I know, but I couldnt help it. I now bring in my wireless laptop and log in that way icon_twisted.gif I know that I should be ashamed that my addiction caused the site to be blocked, but Im not. I just figured out another way to get my "fix" icon_lol.gif I try to limit myself at home. I dont want my daughter to turn out like me, a Cake Central addict!!!!!!!!!!!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 5:43pm
post #47 of 55

You're not a true CC Addict until you've spent as much time posting answers as you do lurking.

Just ask Indydebi. Or Melvira. Or Me - I just hit my 5K mark two weeks ago!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

nonnyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonnyscakes Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 6:19pm
post #48 of 55

icon_smile.gif If I spent as much time posting as I do lurking, no one else would get a word in edgewise icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 7:33pm
post #49 of 55

BUZZ! Wrong answer, but thank you for playing. LOL!

And no, there are no lovely parting gifts.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Melvira Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 8:19pm
post #50 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

You're not a true CC Addict until you've spent as much time posting answers as you do lurking.

Just ask Indydebi. Or Melvira. Or Me - I just hit my 5K mark two weeks ago!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

True dat!! icon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 8:38pm
post #51 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria_Campos

Thats why I call it Crack Central. I have a big expense report right in front of me on my desk right now... since YESTERDAY!! and I have not touched it yet becuase I was too busy browsing and voting on babyshower cakes this morning. And yes I have gained weight.. why you ask, not becuase I'm eating all my cake scraps, no it's because I do not move from my computer all day long because I'm on here... the only excersize I get these days is rolling out fondant. icon_confused.gif And when I leave my office to walk to my car. I get home and I don't even have to log in because my computer knows the deal... already log in already. Yes CRACK CENTRAL

LOL, for me its.. approve/deny loan, CC, approve/deny loan CC.... for full 9hrs straight. Then everyone at works sees me on here looking at cakes and automatically assume I made it...IF ONLY. So now I have to explain that its not my cake and that i'm stalking other people cake.

Melvira Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 9:05pm
post #52 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer702

LOL, for me its.. approve/deny loan, CC, approve/deny loan CC.... for full 9hrs straight. Then everyone at works sees me on here looking at cakes and automatically assume I made it...IF ONLY. So now I have to explain that its not my cake and that i'm stalking other people cake.

Oh no, I can see it now... she gets a couple good comments on a cake and she starts approving loans left and right!! Hahaha!! Lord help the applicants if she gets involved in one of these cranky threads that leads to people bickering like children! "Denied! Denied! Denied!" (loudly and angrily stamping the big red "NO" stamp on the applications without even looking at them! icon_lol.gif

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 9:13pm
post #53 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer702

Oh no, I can see it now... she gets a couple good comments on a cake and she starts approving loans left and right!! Hahaha!! Lord help the applicants if she gets involved in one of these cranky threads that leads to people bickering like children! "Denied! Denied! Denied!" (loudly and angrily stamping the big red "NO" stamp on the applications without even looking at them! icon_lol.gif

LMAO

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 9:20pm
post #54 of 55

the first step is admitting your addicted. hahahahah join in on the fun.

I get mad when my husband clicks of of the cc site. But don't worry he is addicted to. I see him looking at cakes all the time.He loves to read the feedback from the cakes I have posted.

Melvira Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:01pm
post #55 of 55

tripleD, that's nothing, my husband, who can BARELY make boxed mac and cheese, is addicted to the Food Network. He watches it as though he understands. My theory is that he's just looking for stuff he can get me to make!

Worst night of his life... he walked up to me while I was making dinner and said, "Are you sure you want to do it like that?" I whipped around and said something to the effect of, "REALLY? Do you WANT to go there? Watching back to back episodes of Alton Brown does not mean you know how to cook!!!" It was hilarious. He didn't know I could actually pick him up over my head and toss him out of my kitchen like that. icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif I wouldn't have been so mad if I weren't a fantastic cook and he wasn't a clueless moron around a stove! icon_lol.gif I'm so mean!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%