A Thread For All Uk Bakers!!

Decorating By hailinguk Updated 25 Aug 2017 , 10:29am by Magic Mouthfuls

Siany01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Siany01 Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 10:11pm
post #16291 of 25877

A

Original message sent by bashini

Hi all!!! :)

I know it's a bit late, but Happy Birthday Siany!!!! Didn't the Agbay arrived today?

Tiddy, your cakes are absolutely beautiful. I cannot wait to see the competition piece!!! :-)

Kuuushi what a saving of the cake!!! I cannot see anything wrong with it other than the candles!!! :grin:

Kathy, you and your daughter's cake is stunning!!! :smile:

Why yes, yes it did :D haven't played with it thou has my cakes were not cool enough and I think they should be allowed to settle really so tomorrow is play day. I also got my proper Wilton tip for rosettes so I may also play with that too :)

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone

Tiddylicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiddylicious Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 10:53pm
post #16292 of 25877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siany01 

why thank you Mr Bakes Cake, I'll be sure to look out for it on your website, either that or cake wrecks hahaha

Thanks Tiddy. What days are you going to be there now (at CI) x

All three :D

Quote:

Why yes, yes it did icon_biggrin.gif haven't played with it thou has my cakes were not cool enough and I think they should be allowed to settle really so tomorrow is play day. I also got my proper Wilton tip for rosettes so I may also play with that too icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone

OMG! Im sooooooooooooo jealous! Want a full report! ;-D

Jo Field Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jo Field Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 6:07am
post #16293 of 25877

AMorning cake friends !

Wow what a couple of weeks I have had ! Australian visitors only went yesterday so had a good time with them. Now this morning off on our holidays and gawd I need it !

Maisie sorry to hear things are tough atm for you, keep calm my lovely and soldier on as you usually do oh so well.xx good to see you back Tiddy :-) Welcome Danielle x

Great cakes I've seen flicking through well done everyone !

I have got another frozen cake 2 days after we come back from holiday for my niece so I had to trial my choc sponge recipe and method to combat my troubles in baking. Pleased to say I have my mojo back - thanks god !

Got to go and finalise the bags now. Have a good week everyone and I will endeavour to catch up with you all properly when I get back xx

[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3277456/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

nannycook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannycook Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 6:10am
post #16294 of 25877

AMorning Jo, have a nice holiday, where are going?

Jo Field Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 6:20am
post #16295 of 25877

AThanks Nanny, Kos leaving at lunchtime to get to Gatwick. Going with the brother I get on with and his wife and two girls. Excited now :-)

nannycook Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 6:23am
post #16296 of 25877

AAw lovely, I know mine is 2 weeks yesterday, I'm getting excited ad first hols in 4 yrs, to the same place an hotel we've been before as really like it there.

Jo Field Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 6:43am
post #16297 of 25877

AYes same here first holiday in 4 years ! Only downside is my little one Effie has had a raging temp over night so not looking forward to the flight with her being poorly. Got to go now to try and persuade her to eat her breakfast !

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 6:52am
post #16298 of 25877

AMorning all!!! :-)

Siany, I am so excited for you and can't wait to see how you get on!!!! :grin:

Hi Jo, wow!!! Have a lovely time!!! :-)

catsmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catsmum Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 7:18am
post #16299 of 25877

ABelated Happy Birthday wishes, Siany. Enjoy your "play day" today. Beautiful cakes everyone, nothing new there then! Kathy love the concept of yours and daughters cake- stunning!

Tiddy hope you had another demon-free night to give you some rest. Would love a PM of the finished cake please......but I love the Moroccan style design too!

Have a great holiday Jo. Hope little one improves.

Off to work!:sad: would rather be making more roses! 90th birthday cake this Sat and I'm miles behind.

Can I join the candle-haters club Kuuushi?

roxylee123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxylee123 Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 7:22am
post #16300 of 25877

Morning all!

Siany Happy Birthday for yesterday, sorry it's late I remembered it was on monday but just realised monday was yesterday and I'm a day behind :duh: So pleased you got you agbay looking forward to seeing your cake.

Marvel you cake made me laugh :lol:

Tiddy the cake looks fab even better than before with the extra tier in it, that really makes a difference. Love the colour to.

Jo enjoy your holiday.

I had to go to school yesterday to get my daughter a new uniform, then she needed a new pair of trainers for p.e so off we went to the shops. She normally hates shopping (I know there must be something wrong with her :lol:) but spotted some clothes she liked and £200 later I finally got home. I think I'll try and stick to her not liking shopping in future :-D 

Siany01 Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 7:54am
post #16301 of 25877

AThanks guys :)

Jo have a great holiday :)

Toddy pm needed, goes without saying but bought I would say in case you thought I didn't lol So far Sunday seems to be the common day for CI what about everyone else.?

Today is play day :) I'm pacing myself as I still feel a bit sleep spangled so not sure I'm safe around super sharp blades yet. Going to have another cupper and make the buttercream for it. I'll put pics on later, hopefully not of a severed hand lol

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 9:48am
post #16302 of 25877

Kuuushi - honestly, looking at the Minnie cake pic, you're the only one who'd know you'd had a problem with it.  It's lovely.

Belated birthday wishes, Siany. I hope you had a lovely day.

Tiddy - love your cake.

Jo - glad you've got your mojo back!!

I NEEEEEEED to start making roses.  I need about a dozen or so.  And they're really not going to make themselves, are they???  I've got as far as buying flower paste. It's a start.... :razz:

My younger son (12) is in Liverpool with his grandmother, great aunt and 'uncle' (actually my husband's cousin, but the boys call him uncle and they're just like nephews to him).  They went yesterday and come back tomorrow evening.  My son loves the Beatles, so it was a lovely choice to take him there.  His 'Uncle' has taken my son away in the past, so it was Daniel's turn.

My hubby's off work this week, so we're taking my elder son (15) out today.  We're not sure whether to go to the Half Price Ticket Office and see if we can get tickets for a West End show for later, or whether to go somewhere nice to eat.  Matthew (my son, not my hubby) is a bit of a foodie, so I suspect he'll choose to go out to eat.  Mind you, he likes the theatre, too.....

Right.  It's almost 11am.  I ought to go and have a shower and get dressed!  Ooops!  I've missed aerobics today, LOLOL! 

Siany01 Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 10:45am
post #16303 of 25877

A[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3277531/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

AGBAY :D. Love it, it's so easy.

[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3277532/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

First ever Rosette cake, it's so bad but it was fun. Next time will be better and to make up for it I have perfect layered cake underneath :)

Jo Field Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 11:48am
post #16304 of 25877

AThanks Siany, roxy and Relznik. Happy belated birthday Siany :-)

My daughter got worse ! She was badly sick at 9 am so I quickly got her into the doctors for a once over, they said if she is sick again wrong shouldn't fly !! On our way to the airport so going to make a final decision just before we check in on the flight. Bloody typical just my luck !

Jo Field Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 11:49am
post #16305 of 25877

APretty cake Siany :-)

Siany01 Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 11:55am
post #16306 of 25877

ADo you have insurance Jo?

Jo Field Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 12:02pm
post #16307 of 25877

AYes its with my bank account, I phoned them this morning to double check info !!! Got the number in my bag hopefully won't need it .. !

Siany01 Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 12:08pm
post #16308 of 25877

AFingers crossed, hopefully it's just a 24 hour thing, the last sickness bugs mine have had have all been 24 hours (12 hour sickness 12 hour recovery) good luck x

DaysCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaysCakes Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 12:16pm
post #16309 of 25877

AGood luck Jo - can you still take Calpol on to the plane? I guess if it's in a small enough bottle you can.

Nice cake Sian! Glad you are enjoying your birthday pressie! Unfortunately my cakes look that big sometimes without any cutting! Haha!

Kathy

Jo Field Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 12:24pm
post #16310 of 25877

AThanks Kathy, got sachets of calpol and ibuprofen in my bag got some sandwich bags to tie them up in for flight ! She has slept the whole journey in car to airport so far so hopefully be brighter when she wakes. Not going to feed her anything unless she asks, even then toast only at least till we arrive the other side !

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 12:28pm
post #16311 of 25877

A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relznik 

I NEEEEEEED to start making roses.  I need about a dozen or so.  And they're really not going to make themselves, are they???  I've got as far as buying flower paste. It's a start....

Hi everyone you're all so busy! I have my first cakes in a while to do; a 3D suit, a very somple purple minion and a ballroom dancing topper! gonna be a busy weekend!

Suzanne I buy my roses from crumbalicious.co.uk via ebay, she's very good- they're always lovely looking and they're same every time; they work out at about £15 for 6 so the last time I used two dozen it saved the customer about £50 in time I would have had to spend making them... if you tell her I recomended her it'll probably make her day!

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 1:08pm
post #16312 of 25877

ABelated birthday greetings for yesterday Siany. So sorry I forgot, I too knew your birthday wasonday but didn't realise yesterday was Monday. I blame school holidays, I'm all over the place with my days. Glad you love your agbay, are you pleased we persuaded you? Your rosette cake is beautiful, what do you think is so bad about it?

Aw jo, that sounds like my kind of luck! It probably is a 24 hour bug, there's a lot of it about. Hope your daughter gets well soon and hope you get on that plane.

Gray I had a look on eBay for roses (cos I can't make them!) but I didn't see any I liked. I'll have another look, is the seller called crumbalicious?

Is anyone else getting loads of adverts on CC? They're going across the bottom of the reply box and I keep hitting them accidentally, so annoying!

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 2:29pm
post #16313 of 25877

AHi Maisie, yes she's called crumbalicious.... she only seems to have single roses on at the moment..... if you email her she might do you the 6 for £12 with £3 postage?

I know what you mean, I don't like any of the others on there! lol

catsmum Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 2:42pm
post #16314 of 25877

Quote:

AGBAY icon_biggrin.gif. Love it, it's so easy.

First ever Rosette cake, it's so bad but it was fun. Next time will be better and to make up for it I have perfect layered cake underneath icon_smile.gif

Knew you would love it Siany! One of my favourite bits of cake equipment.

Nothing at all wrong with that cake - it's lovely.

catsmum Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 2:43pm
post #16315 of 25877

Oh Jo - I hope you are not reading this as you are on your flight. Wishing your little on better soon and you all a good holiday.

nannycook Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 2:45pm
post #16316 of 25877

ASiany, like Maisie said to me awhile ago, go get your eyes tested, nowt wrong with it!

Siany01 Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 2:58pm
post #16317 of 25877

Thanks guys but it is shocking in real life, ok, shocking may be a bit of an exaggeration but its not brilliant.  It has quite a few gaps and the rosettes are not very even.  Be grand with practice though and I cant wait to cut into it and see my layers lol

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 4:24pm
post #16318 of 25877

ASiany it's not at all shocking, it's lovely. It's much better than my first (and only) one. I had big gaps at the bottom so I tried to pipe around it and made it look even worse. Yours is lovely and your rosettes are really well defined. :-)

Lol nanny, you did tho!

Thanks Gray, I found her. I'll send her an email I think, I'll say you recommended her, will she know you if I say crazygray from Ireland? I hope she'll be pleased to know she's being recommended on the World Wide Web. :-)

DaysCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaysCakes Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 4:35pm
post #16319 of 25877

AWe want pics of the layers Sian! ;) Kathy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%