A Thread For All Uk Bakers!!

Decorating By hailinguk Updated 25 Aug 2017 , 10:29am by Magic Mouthfuls

m4rvelgeek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m4rvelgeek Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 8:22am
post #16261 of 25877

A

Original message sent by nannycook

I'm very bad at grammar, which is why I think marvel doesn't speak to me as much, think he's tryin very hard to decode my posts, ha ha.

Oh pfft! I mark 9yr olds' writing - I think I can cope with yours... :P

m4rvelgeek Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 8:24am
post #16262 of 25877

A

Original message sent by kuuushi

It. Was. A. Disaster!

Oh my god seriously, 4 hours in the back of a car with a cake on my lap.

Okay so originally it slid and I had to royal it back in place. That worked awesome, so I thought that the journey would be easier. I was so wrong. Up until about 2.5 hours in to the journey it was all good. Then the traffic started. Stop, start, stop, start. The sun was beaming down on it and it just broke. The royal broke off and created a crevice all the way around and it was shaking constantly! Finally got to BIL house and was so glad I anticipated an accident as I had a pot of royal and piping bags with me. I watered it down to piping consistency and pipped in the crevice. Was gutted but no one noticed! As you can see she now has a white belt lol! :lol:

[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3277115/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Then they go ruin it with candles... :@

It still looks amazing! And candles?!! Eurgh! The Olaf cake was the last birthday cake I made where I was actually AT the party and I wouldn't let them put candles in it...! ;)

m4rvelgeek Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 8:27am
post #16263 of 25877

A

Original message sent by maisie73

Shame about the wedding reception m4rvel but glad you had a good time. Sometimes those sort of nights are the best nights aren't they. And I have t googled copd yet but I have to say I feel a bit sorry for your pupils! And how do you put up with our abbreviations, typo's, bad punctuation, spelling, grammar etc?! Don't you want to correct all our posts? :-D

It was a good night. Plus I got to eat Indian food, which we never have at home as hubby won't eat it. It was gooooooood!!!

I'm not that much of a grammar policeman. I'm sure even mine isn't perfect on here...! ;)

Siany01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Siany01 Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 8:27am
post #16264 of 25877

ANice save Kelsey. As Barbara said the little girl will have loved it.

Well quote sent, now awaiting the oh my gosh that's way too much and out of my budget message or just nothing at all.....

m4rvelgeek Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 8:29am
post #16265 of 25877

A

Original message sent by DaysCakes

Here's our silhouette effort for yesterday:

Kathy, this is amazing! I love it! What a great concept and executed so well! Well done to your daughter!!!!

DaysCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaysCakes Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 8:39am
post #16266 of 25877

AOh thanks M4rvel! She makes me so proud of her constantly. We worked together on it for weeks and finally honed it down to what you see above. It's not easy working with somebody else but I think that is something I am going to have to get used to! You won't believe the "moments" behind the scenes though (and yes... Elliott is spellt incorrectly - but she came back home to collect an extra letter "t" which I had to stop everything I was doing to make!)

Anyway - we think we have the wedding cake commission now. However, I have told her it isn't going to be a freebie next time.

Kathy

DaysCakes Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 8:47am
post #16267 of 25877

AKelsey - is it me? I can't see that cake was a disaster at all. It looks fine. I agree - candles - yeeeuk - but, it's a little kiddie and unless you do what I have done before (make a special place for them to go) then you will get that. I used to hate my cakes being "ruined" by candles but recently on talking to my family - they don't think anything was wrong with candles - and they still remember the cakes fondly. I think it still looks lovely. I have no idea how you held on to that for so long. I use a squashed up duvet in the book which is what my daughter did with her cake on Saturday. It works a treat to absorb the shocks.

Tiddy - so please you are going to enter the competition! I agree - no pics before the event because that will affect your winning!

Sian - that's a quick delivery!! The last time I checked you were still only thinking about buying one. :grin:

Kathy

Siany01 Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 8:52am
post #16268 of 25877

AI know Kathy, ordered it Friday and it's been sent out next day delivery :)

Tiddylicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiddylicious Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 8:58am
post #16269 of 25877

Morning all :) First night ive slept through for ages :-D mind you I did take 3 tramadol so that may have helped 8-O but whoop and yay!

Good save Kelsey and looks fab. Im sure the birthday girl didn't care :) I agree on the candle annoyance though. When I got sent pictures of the birthday boy that had the golf bag i was very annoyed to see a huge 30 candle stuck straight in :cry:

My new washing machine has just arrived :party: i realise this isnt important really but when im washing for 7 and at least 3 of those change clothes twice a day it is worth celebrating it turning up haha!

Spoke to the mr and have decided we will leave at stupid oclock on the Friday to get cake there :lol:. Now ive decided to enter it needs much more doing to it but hey ho, in for a penny an all that jazz :)

once it is completely done i will let you know and if anyone wants to give me an opinion on it being a winner i will send them a pm :judge: 

kuuushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kuuushi Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 9:17am
post #16270 of 25877

AThanks so much guys! I'm glad it's over now I can chill!

Anyone want to join me in a "candle haters society" where our first move is to ban them using a loop hole in elf n safety?! Hahaha

We're off to London eye and aquarium today so I'm looking forward to chilling!

Tiddy that cake is amazing I bet it'll win at CI!

Loving the silhouette cake Kathy!!

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 9:30am
post #16271 of 25877

AMorning all. :-)

Gorgeous cake Kathy! Well done you and well done your daughter. :-)

Good save Kuuushi, it looks perfect in the photo, I wouldn't have noticed it had acquired a belt tbh. Mainly cos I wouldn't have seen past the hideous candles! I hate them too, I realise people have to have them but I really wish they wouldn't! I make designated candle places when I can and I bought a bullet candle for a call of duty cake and used tea lights on the GOT cake. Anything to make them blend in a bit.

Glad you've decided to enter your cake tiddy, glad you've got a new washing machine ( no machine is an emergency in my house!) and even more glad you had a good night. :-)

Nanny my husband is really good at decorating, DIY etc, but it takes him so long to do anything because he's so meticulous, plans it to death and has contingency plans for everything! He's always right (as in always knows what the right thing to do is) and he's cleanest, tidiest person I know. You can see him getting irritated if someone makes a mess or tries to help, as soon as people leave he's up tidying their mess up, he just can't help it. Honestly I read about ocpd and it was as if somebody was describing my husband? ( my phone keeps wanting to change ocpd to copd!)

Tiddylicious Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 9:49am
post #16272 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuuushi 

Tiddy that cake is amazing I bet it'll win at CI!

mmmm reserve judgement...no ones seen it finished yet :lol:

DaysCakes Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 1:53pm
post #16273 of 25877

AOh Tiddy - I would love you to PM me! I think you have no worries anyway.....everything you do is flawless!

Kathy

m4rvelgeek Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 4:07pm
post #16274 of 25877

A

Original message sent by Tiddylicious

once it is completely done i will let you know and if anyone wants to give me an opinion on it being a winner i will send them a pm :judge:  

Obviously I will NEED a PM... ;)

roxylee123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxylee123 Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 5:03pm
post #16275 of 25877

Hi all :smile:

Tiddy I will need a Pm to I can't wait until it's been in the competition to see it, I think it's looking gorgeous already. So glad you had a good night and your washer turned up. I have no luck with washers they normally last just over a year and then die, always the pump to. The one I have now is lasting a little longer than usual so fingers crossed it stays like that.

Kelsey good save on the cake, Totally agree about the candles to your cake still looked lovely though. Bet that was a long journey with the weight of the cake on your lap.

Siany01 Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 6:31pm
post #16276 of 25877

ASo what days are everyone going to CI? Are we going to meet up?

nannycook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannycook Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 6:42pm
post #16277 of 25877

ASiany, we're probably going up on the Sunday, my local cake Dec shop organises a trip ever yr and its only on the Sunday,I did look at another each trip to go on the Sat instead, but its £15 each more, which would be stupid, dont really want to go on the Sunday as its my birthday,

Hey, isn't it your birthday today Siany? Yes it is, I remember.

Happy birthday to you.

Happy birthday to you.

Happy birthday dear Siany.

Happy birthday to you. Hip hip hooray.xxx

Siany01 Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 6:48pm
post #16278 of 25877

A

Siany, we're probably going up on the Sunday, my local cake Dec shop organises a trip ever yr and its only on the Sunday,I did look at another each trip to go on the Sat instead, but its £15 each more, which would be stupid, dont really want to go on the Sunday as its my birthday,

Hey, isn't it your birthday today Siany? Yes it is, I remember.

Happy birthday to you.

Happy birthday to you.

Happy birthday dear Siany.

Happy birthday to you. Hip hip hooray.xxx

It is yes, thank you :)

nannycook Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 6:49pm
post #16279 of 25877

AAw love you, what are you doing on her then?why you out getting spoilt?

Siany01 Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 6:59pm
post #16280 of 25877

A

Aw love you, what are you doing on her then?why you out getting spoilt?

3 kids is the answer to that haha. We've just been to the harvester for a family meal which was nice and I've eaten way too much. I had friends over on Saturday for a BBQ which was lovely. As for being spoilt, cake course with Mayen, 20 inch agbay and now apparently I'm also getting a iPad mini, I think spoilt is an understatement this year. My husband is amazing :)

nannycook Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 7:13pm
post #16281 of 25877

AThats fab Siany, enjoy your night.

m4rvelgeek Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 7:23pm
post #16282 of 25877

AOoooh happy birthday Siany!

I made you a cake! xx

[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3277295/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

m4rvelgeek Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 7:25pm
post #16283 of 25877

A

Original message sent by Siany01

So what days are everyone going to CI? Are we going to meet up?

Which one are you all going to?

Tiddylicious Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 7:55pm
post #16284 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4rvelgeek 

Ooooh happy birthday Siany!

I made you a cake! xx

:lol: this nearly set my head off again! haha!

Happy Bornday Siany!! x

Birmingham M4rvel :-D...........haven't done much to the comp cake today as i didnt want to start what I couldn't finish but I have been playing with my new toy! Decided to purchase a new camera so I could get some decent pictures without the help of photoshop!

What do you think? any better?  Can't remember if i posted this already but last week I added another tier to it as it was annoying me :)

nannycook Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 8:10pm
post #16285 of 25877

ALove this tidds, everything about it screams neat, even love the colour behind.

Tiddylicious Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 8:14pm
post #16286 of 25877

aww thanks nanny! It was worth the investment then :)

nannycook Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 8:53pm
post #16287 of 25877

AOh yes.x

Siany01 Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 9:14pm
post #16288 of 25877

A[quote name="m4rvelgeek" url="/t/622656/a-thread-for-all-uk-bakers/16260#post_7543859"]Ooooh happy birthday Siany!

I made you a cake! xx

[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3277295/width/200/height/400[/IMG][/quote] why thank you Mr Bakes Cake, I'll be sure to look out for it on your website, either that or cake wrecks hahaha

Thanks Tiddy. What days are you going to be there now (at CI) x

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 9:19pm
post #16289 of 25877

AHi all!!! :)

I know it's a bit late, but Happy Birthday Siany!!!! Didn't the Agbay arrived today?

Tiddy, your cakes are absolutely beautiful. I cannot wait to see the competition piece!!! :-)

Kuuushi what a saving of the cake!!! I cannot see anything wrong with it other than the candles!!! :grin:

Kathy, you and your daughter's cake is stunning!!! :smile:

DaysCakes Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 9:26pm
post #16290 of 25877

AHappy birthday Sian!!! M4rvel - that's so funny! And thanks Bashini - very kind of you. Kathy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%