Can You Over Process Bc?

Decorating By hallow3 Updated 14 Mar 2009 , 10:22pm by kakeladi

hallow3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallow3 Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 6

I am making your regular, shortening, butter, flavors, powder sugar buttercream and was thinkging while I was mixing. Ccan you over "mix" your typical butter cream in a kitchen aid mixer? If so, what is the outcome?

5 replies
lmn4881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmn4881 Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:58pm
post #2 of 6

I find that if I over mix mine it almost gets the consistency of a whipped icing ( similar to cool whip ) and it doesn't woork as well for shells etc. Hope this helps!

Lisa

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 6

I've overmixed royal and it became "chunky style" once. Lesson learned there. If you over beat buttercream and there is too much air in it, it can be a real pain. I heard somewhere that if you put the mixer on the lowest setting for a minute or so, it gets the some of the air out. I never tried it before, so I can't give you first hand knowledge on that.

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 5:23pm
post #4 of 6

I think one of the big issues is getting too much air in it. But ask Sugarshack....she's the BC expert!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 9:30pm
post #5 of 6

I turn my mixer on and then go outside for a smoke break. Or make phone calls. Or do a ton of other things while the mixer runs and runs and runs and runs and ........

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 10:22pm
post #6 of 6

Wellllll yes, and noicon_smile.gif Serious_Cakes has a video on YouTube that shows 'overbeating' b'cream and how it gets smoother.
The biggest trick is making sure you have enough icing in the bowl to cover the beater(s). Otherwise it will have air holes icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%