Tita9499 Is A Stuck-Up Cake Snob...

Lounge By Melvira Updated 17 Mar 2009 , 8:55pm by sadsmile

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 5:24pm
post #61 of 159

I have a Facebook page, but you have to be added as a friend to see any of it, except the two frosting videos I posted last night for the gals here.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 5:25pm
post #62 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

I have a Facebook page, but you have to be added as a friend to see any of it, except the two frosting videos I posted last night for the gals here.

You posted videos on your Facebook page? *goes to look* I'm certain I'll find you!! muahahahahahahahahahahaah

Melvira Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 5:31pm
post #63 of 159

Um no... I didn't do that... where would you get such a silly idea? You are just goofy! The strange ideas you come up with!! (Ok guys, keep her talking while I delete those videos!!!)

But seriously they are just two really short lame clips that a couple gals wanted to see. They are done in poor lighting and it was late, so the skill level isn't very good. I intend to make better ones if I ever get the chance. (If the boys ever give me a break in other words! Hehehe!)

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 5:47pm
post #64 of 159

Okay, why don't you just go ahead and put up the link so I don't have to stress myself out finding it?

Tita9499 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 5:49pm
post #65 of 159

Melvira...it's either that or yogive our phone # so I can put a voice to the face and snarky (you've turned me into one of you!) comments.

Hey, my DH said you remind him of the lunch lady in his private school growing up in PR. She used to make you go back and finish whatever was left on your tray, you couldn't throw it away. He said it isn't because you look like her, but because her name was Melvina.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 5:56pm
post #66 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

Melvira...it's either that or yogive our phone # so I can put a voice to the face and snarky (you've turned me into one of you!) comments.

Hey, my DH said you remind him of the lunch lady in his private school growing up in PR. She used to make you go back and finish whatever was left on your tray, you couldn't throw it away. He said it isn't because you look like her, but because her name was Melvina.

*Cue Adam Sandler singing "Lunchlady land....."*

Melvira Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 5:59pm
post #67 of 159

Oh great, now I'm a snarky lunch lady!! Greeeaaaaat!

Sorry, the videos don't have any talking. Sorry, I just didn't talk because it was late and it would've sounded like I was bored and I didn't to give the wrong impression. But you do get to see one of my tattoos. No... not *that* one. icon_redface.gif

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=740058593&ref=profile#/video/video.php?v=68531188593

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=740058593&ref=profile#/video/video.php?v=68530468593

I just cut my nails really short yesterday so I totally look like I have man hands. Hehehe. Not to mention how rugged and beat up they are from constant washing. I'm so freakin' feminine. icon_rolleyes.gif

Melvira Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 6:06pm
post #68 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle_75

Quote:

Sloppy joes, sloppy... sloppy joes yah! Sloppy joes, sloppy...sloppy joes!

I freakin' love that song! I have that skit on DVD and end up singing it a lot more than I want to admit. The boys think I'm hilarious!

Tita9499 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 6:08pm
post #69 of 159

ooooh, if I were computer savvy, I'd find a sound bite of Vera DeMilo from 'In Living Color' and dub over the video. LOL!

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:10pm
post #70 of 159

Oh Melvira, I like the videos. Make us some more. I am terrible at roses and always have been. I'd like to see you make a regular rose too.

I've never seen it done that way with a toothpick. I love it. Were you using buttercream or royal?

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:18pm
post #71 of 159

icon_lol.gif You guys are crazy nuts. icon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:21pm
post #72 of 159

Thank you Kathy!! That was buttercream. Honestly, I will try to get better lighting and stuff and make some better ones if people are acutally interested. Although I'm sure our regular video making pros probably have all that stuff covered. I'm not sure what you mean by make a regular rose... is there another kind? Hehehe? icon_redface.gif Let's just remember that despite any dye jobs, I am a natural blonde. icon_razz.gif

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:23pm
post #73 of 159

Ok. I am so not signing up for Face Book. But I wanna see!!!! I wanna see!!!! Please, Mel... I wanna see!!!!!

Melvira Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:28pm
post #74 of 159

Mommyle, those two videos are the only thing about me you can see without signing up. I made them totally public. Go ahead and click on 'em and watch. But they're lame. Just forewarning you. icon_rolleyes.gif

mommyle Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:36pm
post #75 of 159

So I'm definately blonde. I don't see them ANYWHERE!!!! WAAAAAAA!!! Image

Tita9499 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:46pm
post #76 of 159

Mel, it doesn't let me see any videos...

mommyle Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 8:10pm
post #77 of 159

Oh good. I'm not the only one!!!! for a moment I thought that I might not be that good looking AND not that smart!!!

Tita9499 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 8:12pm
post #78 of 159

Well... don't celebrate just yet mommyle. Melvira stated, and I quote: "Thank God you're pretty because you're not that bright!"

Melvira Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:23pm
post #79 of 159

Hehehehe... so what does it do when you click the link?

Tita9499 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:28pm
post #80 of 159

Takes me to your profile page and tries to con me into opening up a Facebook account.

KathysCC Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:57pm
post #81 of 159

Yes, I had to log into my facebook account before it would let me see your video Mel. I was getting the same thing as them when I tried the link without being logged in. I think you can't see anything on facebook without an account.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 10:01pm
post #82 of 159
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle_75

Quote:

Sloppy joes, sloppy... sloppy joes yah! Sloppy joes, sloppy...sloppy joes!

I freakin' love that song! I have that skit on DVD and end up singing it a lot more than I want to admit. The boys think I'm hilarious!

"Yesterday's meatloaf is today's sloppy joes...."

Melvira Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 12:06am
post #83 of 159

Hmmmm... well other people have been able to see them without being on my 'friend' list... but maybe they are Facebook users. Well... I could put them on utube or something? Anyone have better ideas? They really aren't that great. I didn't want to post them on utube unless I did them better. icon_rolleyes.gif

KathysCC Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 1:22am
post #84 of 159

I'm not on your friend list on facebook and I saw them, but only if I was logged into my facebook account.

Maybe you could make some new ones, like you said and post those. I really like short video helps. I am sure there are some here on CC. I should just go look for them. But we like seeing YOU!!! icon_lol.gif or your hands. icon_lol.gif You know, it's just more special when it comes from the Mel!!

Have you ever made a video of your Melvira method. That would be cool!

Melvira Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 1:38am
post #85 of 159

You know Kathy, I've considered doing that. People have mentioned it, so I figure if there is interest I will happily do it. Some people are just visual, and want to see it done... it seems to work better for them than reading about it.

KathysCC Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 3:26am
post #86 of 159
Quote:

You know Kathy, I've considered doing that. People have mentioned it, so I figure if there is interest I will happily do it. Some people are just visual, and want to see it done... it seems to work better for them than reading about it.

Oh that is definitely me. I have a Hawaiian themed cake to make and want to look for a video on making gumpaste hibiscus! I need some kind of step-by-step instruction because I just can't figure things like that out on my own.

mommyle Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:53am
post #87 of 159

so Tita, we might not be THAT good looking OR THAT smart, but we are DEFINATELY NOT THAT stupid!!!! YAY US!!!!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 6:29am
post #88 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathysCC

Quote:

Oh that is definitely me. I have a Hawaiian themed cake to make and want to look for a video on making gumpaste hibiscus! I need some kind of step-by-step instruction because I just can't figure things like that out on my own.

Mel your a riot! I couldn't believe someone would start a thread with that title but when I saw your name I just new it had to be a joke, oh and I love our newest member IH8MelvirasMethod icon_lol.gif !

Mel I'd love to see your videos but unfortunately I don't have a facebook account either. So please do consider doing one on youtube.
I'd love to see your feminine side
icon_razz.gif

Kathy here's a video for gp hibiscus that I hope will help:

Tita9499 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:48pm
post #89 of 159

Go ahead Melvira, go mainstream!!

BTW, IH8tMelvirasMethod sends her love to all of you...well, minus you Melvira, she sends head nods to you...LOL!

Melvira Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:56pm
post #90 of 159

It is my goal in life to make IH8tMelvirasMethod love me. I will not rest, I will not eat, I will not sleep... dang... I'm already tired and hungry... maybe I'll just learn to get over it. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%