Emergency Help Please!

Decorating By Joshsmom Updated 21 Feb 2009 , 2:55pm by kakeladi

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 2:25pm
post #1 of 3

My topsy turvy cake has to be sliding as the bottom and middle are cracking. I have skewers and the wilton plastic dowels in. The second is actually on a plastic plate as I thought this would be stronger.

I'm scared to transport without giving it more stability - HELP

(My son's b'day cake) Trying to attach a pic but its too big so will keep trying
LL

2 replies
dsimkovic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsimkovic Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 2:55pm
post #2 of 3

I never made one but it looks to me like you need to take it apart and reassemble...? Maybe your dowels have slipped and are leaning or it's not level inside? I know on the instructions for topsy turvy cakes they say you're supposed to cut down into each layer to make a level surface to set the tiers into, so they're not actually leaning. Hope that helps. Doesn't sound fun but it's probably the only solution...

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 2:55pm
post #3 of 3

Unfortunately I don't think there is much hope for saving thisicon_sad.gif
It looks like the support just wasn;t right. Not sure what the skewers were used for but they aren't enough support. Yes, you said the Wilton plastic dowels but they are all the exact same height so two of them would not be long enough to keep the cake level.

No matter what, at this point you are going to have to take the whole thing apart and see if there is any way to keep it together.....so sorry I just don't think it will.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%