Feezing A Decorated Cake???

Decorating By dhccster Updated 18 Feb 2009 , 3:27am by chanielisalevy

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 7:07pm
post #1 of 3

I have read here that you CAN freeze a cake already decorated. I can't find the post, so I have to ask again (sorry). I have a promotion cake due at the end of the month. I am going to be out of town, so I am wondering.. can I decorate it this Friday, simple BC decorations (only two colors--- white and navy) and then wrap it really well and have it frozen until the following Thursday? OR, do I have them get a "grocery store" cake? Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I am sorry for having to post this kind of question again.

2 replies
messy_chef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
messy_chef Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 7:37pm
post #2 of 3

Decorate, then freeze until icing is firm, then wrap well. Defrost it in the fridge so the condensation won't appear and make the colors all runny.

chanielisalevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanielisalevy Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:27am
post #3 of 3

Any fully decorated cake can freeze. Box it well, then wrap in three knotted garbage bags. When ready to defrost, LEAVE IN ALL IT's WRAPPINGS! Let sit on the counter for 8 hours or overnight. Then you can take off the wrappings and take it from the box. Letting it thaw this way will avoid the "sweating" (condensation). I do it this way all the time and NEVER have a problem, Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%