Pan Question

Decorating By Daisy135 Updated 17 Feb 2009 , 9:36pm by onebigdogmama

Daisy135 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisy135 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 3:16pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing my DS's 1st bday cake this weekend. I LOVE the almond cream cheese pound cake recipe from The Cake Mix Doctor book.

My question is....can I make this batter and bake it in a 9" x 13" pan or does it have to go into a tube pan as the recipe suggests? I have had success with it in a loaf pan, but am not sure about using anything larger.

Thanks!

Christie

4 replies
cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 3:42pm
post #2 of 5

you can usually adapt it to any pan size, just allow for extra cooking time. I would also consider putting a nail in the middle for even baking.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 7:44pm
post #3 of 5

The thing about pound cakes is that they tend to be really heavy on the fat and sugar content and need to bake in a tube pan or Bundt pan in order to have good structure. You may find that baking the almond cream cheese pound cake (which sounds so yummy!!) is sunken and does not bake well, even with the addition of a heating core or flower nail. Or, since it starts with a boxed cake mix, it may work just fine in a 9" x 13" pan.

Please experiment and post your results! icon_smile.gif

Daisy135 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisy135 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 8:19pm
post #4 of 5

Will do icon_wink.gif .

Hoping that since it starts w/ a box mix that it will work.

I'll be baking on Friday....will be back to update! Wish me luck (fingers crossed)!!!

onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 9:36pm
post #5 of 5

Spirited, If you have the book, the doc has spots in the book on changing the pans. I can't remember if it is the reguar book or the chocolate one. I have it ear marked at home. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%