Bakers Joy Spray

Decorating By brandiwyne Updated 27 Feb 2009 , 1:18am by glendaleAZ

brandiwyne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brandiwyne Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 5:42pm
post #1 of 19

DOES ANY CC USERS USE BAKERS JOY SPRAY...I JUST LOVE IT WANTED TO SEE IF ANYONE ELSE LOVES IT ALSO. FOR OTHERS THAT ARE UNAWARE IT IS AN CAKE RELEASE SPRAY FOR LESS THAN $3.00 I BUY IT FROM WALMART...

18 replies
nonie2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonie2007 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 6:04pm
post #2 of 19

I also use Bakers Joy. I purchase it from Walmart. I usually buy 10 at a time. It works really well and is easy to use. Much better than the cake release which takes too much time to me and it is messier. I live in Louisiana and it sells for $1.87.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 19

I switched from Bakers Joy to Crisco Flour Spray. The sprayhead doesn't tend to clog up as easily on the Crisco as the Bakers Joy.

And yes, when it's on sale, I clean off the shelves. icon_smile.gif

Some people don't like the spray because it tends to cause little holes in the sides of the cake. If you let your sprayed pan sit for at least 20 minutes before filling with batter, all those little bubbles will have popped, resulting in a nice, smooth cake side.

fbgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fbgirl00 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 8:18pm
post #4 of 19

I love using Bakers Joy. It has always worked great for me and the price is right at wal-mart. So much easier than greasing and flouring.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 7:16am
post #5 of 19

I swear by it. I always make sure I have 3 cans in my kitchen. As soon as one runs out, I get another can the very next trip to the store. I've run out before and had to use the grease/flower method.

Years ago when it first came out, the closest store to me at the time decided to stop carrying it since it's sales were so light. I spoke to the manager and convinced him that it was just new and give it a chance. He made a special order for me. Over time, sales picked up and now I can always find it at almost every store.

Stock it and they will come... icon_biggrin.gif

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:06pm
post #6 of 19

I use which ever is on sale...LOL! I went to Walmart last year and they had their Crisco brand spray on sale for $1 each can! Someone had accidentally over purchased it and so they were selling the surplus dirt cheap... I bought a case of it. I still have spray and will for quite some time...LOL!

nanny6sap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanny6sap Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:11pm
post #7 of 19

Wow thanks DianeLM for the tip. I love the Bakers Joy but had the same problem with the air holes on the edge so I stopped using it. Found a cake release recipe on the net & have been using it. 1 cup crisco, 3/4 veg. oil & 1 cup flour, mix well and store air tight container. Apply with pastry brush. Love this too but back to having to clean up another item. I'll use this in a pinch, but now with your tip I can go back to my fav. Bakers Joy.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:23pm
post #8 of 19

The one and only can of Bakers Joy I have ever purchased clogged up on the 3rd or 4th spray out of the can! After unsuccessfully trying everything to get it unclogged it ended up in the trash and I swore it off forever. No time for stuff like that!
Now I make my own by stirring together until smooth, 1 cup of Crisco Oil to 1 cup of flour. Simply stir it up well then slather it inside your pan with a pastry brush. Works 100% of the time, it's cheap and it last a lot longer than a can of spray thumbs_up.gif

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:28pm
post #9 of 19

I LOVE baker's joy. I don't have the problems with air holes in my cakes. I usually spray and get my pans ready before I start mixing. Maybe that's why.

Joybeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joybeth Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:33pm
post #10 of 19

I love Baker's Joy too!
Maybe its just because of my name! lol No I really haven't had a problem with it.
JMO,
Joy

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:37pm
post #11 of 19

Yep, I use it all the time. I worry about the homemade cake release. I only bake once a month so I think that the homemade stuff might go rancid by the time I get around to using it. Also, I really like the convenience of the spray. Anything that makes it easier for me to do a task is a wonderful thing.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 7:37pm
post #12 of 19

LOL, well I must be the only one who doesn't like it! I think it gives cakes a denser crust than when using spray Pam alone....so I simply use spray Pam. icon_smile.gif

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:42am
post #13 of 19

I have been using it, but I am cake-tarded. I put too much on and then it ends up on the top corner of my cake where it boils the side of the cake making it a crunchy mess. It's a sad say when a girl can't even bake a box cake with good results! Oh I don't think the problem is the Baker's Joy. icon_smile.gif

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 1:52am
post #14 of 19

I use bakers Joy also but I do keep the crisco and flour mixture available in case I run out (Walmarts about 30 minutes away!!)

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:08am
post #15 of 19

No need to shout, we can hear you just fine. icon_wink.gif

I use PAM with flour. It is cheaper than Baker's Joy and I think it works better (Baker's Joy tends to clog up on me, PAM never has).

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:48am
post #16 of 19

I've tried a couple different brand, but found that Baker's Joy works best for me.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:12am
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

No need to shout, we can hear you just fine. icon_wink.gif

LOL, thank you for saying that. It drives me fricking nuts when people scream in all capital letters. icon_smile.gif

brandiwyne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brandiwyne Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 9:25am
post #18 of 19

sorry didn't mean to shout...didn't even know hat was considered shouting.....i'm just lazy when it comes to typing so i will just type in lower case.....lol

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:18am
post #19 of 19

Hi brandiwyne,

Don't feel bad, you'd be surprised at how many people don't know that typing in all caps is considered yelling -- no biggie.

Tammy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%