Gallery Supporters!

Decorating By MnSnow Updated 23 Feb 2009 , 2:51am by rockysmommy

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 8:06pm
post #31 of 89

Well, I did not know that, thanks for the info! I will go check it out now. icon_smile.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 8:16pm
post #32 of 89

Ok...checked it out...thanks for the help! icon_smile.gif Please forgive my unwarranted suggestions earlier...I didn't know what I was talking about I guess. icon_sad.gif

slush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slush Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 8:27pm
post #33 of 89

It seems that as I'm new understandably I can't be a gallery supporter member.

I do comment on as many pics as I can but that doesn't count towards posts does it?

Well I guess I'll just keep on commenting and it will help you guys out anyway!

I spend hours looking through the latest uploads - my hubby's ready to confiscate my laptop!!!!

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 9:13pm
post #34 of 89

Thanks, Slush! Every little bit helps!!

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 12:10am
post #35 of 89

I tried getting a few out today, but site was extremely slow. There should be a limit for each person per day to place on this site. I know some wait for their camera to fill up, but if only 2 or 3 per day were allowed, then they would download only two or three and not 10 or 15 a day. Also the same cake at different angles should fall under a different category. Just my humble opinion. I even increased the speed for my internet site and it still loads sloooooooow.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 10:10pm
post #36 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by dldbrou

I tried getting a few out today, but site was extremely slow. There should be a limit for each person per day to place on this site. I know some wait for their camera to fill up, but if only 2 or 3 per day were allowed, then they would download only two or three and not 10 or 15 a day. Also the same cake at different angles should fall under a different category. Just my humble opinion. I even increased the speed for my internet site and it still loads sloooooooow.

Boy, do I ever agree with you on this! I quit uploading most of my pictures because of the "view uncommented" backlog and the inability to comment on them in a timely manor. Uploading more than 2 or 3 per day is a big problem.

debydll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debydll Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 11:35am
post #37 of 89

Hi girls!! icon_biggrin.gif
Amazing! Only 3 pages!!!It was a hard, but a very great job! Congratulations for us icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
A question: 30 photos ,1 author....really, really TOO MUCH!!
Sorry, but I have to say it!! Because i can´t put 30 differents comments in only one person...come on!! icon_cry.gif There must be a limit.
(pardon my english)What do you think?
Have a very nice day!! icon_biggrin.gif

Teekakes Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 2:55pm
post #38 of 89

Way to go Deby!! Down to 2 pages now...........I just knocked down the 3rd page. The server is moving pretty quickly.

Gotta get to work now icon_smile.gif

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 3:05pm
post #39 of 89

I agree that it's hard when it's slow, but I make a point of commenting on at least 5 a day. I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but they are honest comments, not just 'nice job'. I don't like to short change a persons hard work.

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 3:10pm
post #40 of 89

I am ALWAYS looking at new uploads...so I ALWAYS comment on new pics...you guys do a GREAT JOB! Thanks...everyone appreciates the comments. I know that I do.

p.s. I agree...should be a limit on the quanity that is allowed per day from each user. Have a GREAT DAY ALL!

debydll Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 3:25pm
post #41 of 89

I think that 5 photos for user, perhaps 8, allows us to be employed at the comments being sincere and good observers ,without falling down in the short ones and the rapid ones "Nice!" or "Cute!".
I prefer making few very good comments,like vickymacd.

great Teecakes !! Good job! icon_lol.gif

xoxoxox for all!! icon_biggrin.gif

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:54pm
post #42 of 89

Can you guys believe it? We did it!!!!! No more pictures uncomented thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 5:01pm
post #43 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankyola

Can you guys believe it? We did it!!!!! No more pictures uncomented thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

You guys "ROCK!" icon_biggrin.gif

Frankyola Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 5:05pm
post #44 of 89

Thank You rockysmom!!!! como dicen los wonder pet: What is going to work? TEAM WORK!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif , LOVE YOU GUYS thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Teekakes Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 6:17pm
post #45 of 89

Wow!! Just came up on my lunch break to check out the latest happenings on CC and was thrilled to have just read the uncommented pics are all caught up!!!! WAY TO GO everybody! icon_biggrin.gif

Since the server moves quicker, much quicker, in the mornings than it does in the evenings, I am going to start commenting in the A.M. only.

Deby, geeez you are generous!! icon_lol.gif I was thinking a 3 pic per day maximum upload per member! icon_biggrin.gif
I too prefer making a few good comments, but, it is a bit difficult to do that when you have the backlog of pictures we just swam our way through. Limiting to 3 per day would also put a stop to entire rolls of film being uploaded all at once and force the member to take the time to upload 3 pics per day until their pics are all up. "Want more well thought out & considerate comments on your pics, upload no more than 3 per day." Or how many ever is decided upon. The bottom line is that
a limit needs to be set!

You guys are special people!! icon_biggrin.gif

Frankyola Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 8:09pm
post #46 of 89

I totally agree 3 per day it is pretty good!!! thumbs_up.gif , I start commenting again right now and we have a full page of new cakes icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif , wow girls you guys work so hard baking and decorating all day icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Love you guys thumbs_up.gif

debydll Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 10:20pm
post #47 of 89

If? Was I very generous? icon_biggrin.gif Ok, 3 would be very well!!
We would have time to see, to comment, even to comment on the same author.
With whom we should treat this topic?With the moderators perhaps? Would it be necessary to look more for support?
Perhaps making poll one?
I don´t know!!
I love being gallery sopporter icon_biggrin.gif , I like thinking about the happiness that one feels on having received the comment. And I would love realizing the task of calm form, although beech 5 pages to mention, that they should be all of different decorators!!

Have a really great evening!! icon_biggrin.gif

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 10:35pm
post #48 of 89

I agree there should be a limit. It's difficult to look down the page and see that 10 cakes out of the list on that page (I don't know how many are on a page!) belong to the same person. I don't comment on more than one or two of their cakes. I jump to a new name. My thought was that it would seem insincere if they noticed that I commented on every photo, whether it was genuine or not. I do try to leave sincere comments. I also agree that it should be a one-shot deal - one photo of each cake. Choose what photo you like best of the cake and submit it and that's it. That's my rant for the evening. icon_lol.gif

Lisa

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 10:48pm
post #49 of 89

I just wanted to say a little something here. When I say this post, I went an started commenting. I did one whole page, refreshed and it didn't even change.

I too think it's always hard to say something, sometimes you kinda run out if you've been at it long.
I also know how much of a bummer it is when you post something you're really proud of an nothing happens or you get one comment of, " aw, cute." That's way I don't really post cakes much anymore.

Having said all this, I just wanted to say "Thanks" and "Great work" to all those who spending hours commenting and those that make sure it's a genuine comment.

Great work, thumbs_up.gif

Katie icon_smile.gif

debydll Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 1:03am
post #50 of 89

I am 100 % of agreement with Lisa and Katie,Frankyola and teecakes!!

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 1:19am
post #51 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedTea4Me2

I agree there should be a limit. It's difficult to look down the page and see that 10 cakes out of the list on that page (I don't know how many are on a page!) belong to the same person. I don't comment on more than one or two of their cakes. I jump to a new name. My thought was that it would seem insincere if they noticed that I commented on every photo, whether it was genuine or not. I do try to leave sincere comments. I also agree that it should be a one-shot deal - one photo of each cake. Choose what photo you like best of the cake and submit it and that's it. That's my rant for the evening. icon_lol.gif

Lisa

thumbs_up.gif Me too! It would also give a little more time for showing on the home page.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 2:36am
post #52 of 89

I'm new as a Gallery person, but I really wanted to help. I have about 45 minutes before I need to log into WoW again, so I'm gonna be busy on my laptop here. icon_smile.gif Let's hope it helps!!!

Teekakes Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 3:41pm
post #53 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by debydll

If? Was I very generous? icon_biggrin.gif Ok, 3 would be very well!!
We would have time to see, to comment, even to comment on the same author.
With whom we should treat this topic?With the moderators perhaps? Would it be necessary to look more for support?
Perhaps making poll one?
I don´t know!!
I love being gallery sopporter icon_biggrin.gif , I like thinking about the happiness that one feels on having received the comment. And I would love realizing the task of calm form, although beech 5 pages to mention, that they should be all of different decorators!!

Have a really great evening!! icon_biggrin.gif

Hey Deby.......you can type up a pm to Jackie and/or Heath. They are the ones that make these types of decisions.
Looks like 100% support this thought of limiting uploads to 3 per day! thumbs_up.gif
You could also direct Jackie and Heath to this thread so they can read what others have to say about the matter. Maybe they are already reading it icon_wink.gif

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 8:22pm
post #54 of 89

After seeing this thread I jumped on the gallery bandwagon & joined as a supporter. I'm here for you ladies! thumbs_up.gif I'll do my best to knock out at least 10-20 cakes a day.

I want to give personalized comments, nothing too generic, but it's hard when the pics are of cookies or cupcakes! I don't do those, so I just don't know what to say! icon_redface.gif I think I'll leave those pics to someone who can give an informed comment.

I also got tired of seeing my pics commented with
"that's nice"
"that's nice"
"that's nice"
"that's nice"
icon_confused.gif
I'd rather have no comment than a "copy - paste" comment. I post my pics as personal trophies of achievement & to help inspire others. Comments are just icing on the cake. icon_razz.gif

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 8:33pm
post #55 of 89

another side note:

If I add someones cake to my favorites, I'll leave a quick little comment like, "favorite!" or "adding to favs!" just so they who loves their cakes. I am always sooo curious about who is faving my cakes? do I have a loyal follower? or are all my faved cakes random?

Just the couriousness of me. (how do you like all of my self made words? icon_lol.gif "faved" ? icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif )

debydll Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 10:14pm
post #56 of 89

icon_smile.gif Hi girls !! it´s me again!
I have no problems in initiating request. Any time they all are in accordance with this.
Would not there be better anybody who was speaking (and he was writing) in English better than I?? icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif
I coincide with at what each one has said.If we all coincide, it would be good to raise it

icon_biggrin.gif

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 11:23pm
post #57 of 89

Deb, how do we do that? I'm in support of it. Let me know if I can help.

debydll Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 2:09am
post #58 of 89

icon_smile.gif I would not like that anybody was feeling offended if we take the initiative.
I have read in other post (CSM, for example) that also wish it to put itself on an uploads limit. If we were doing a poll in the corresponding forum?
I supose that Jacquie, and the moderators are reading some of ours post
perhaps, they can say to us how and what to do.

I like this conversation!! icon_biggrin.gif it is very good to know that they think, to share ideas, to debate
Have a nice saturday!!Weekend is here!! icon_lol.gif

debydll Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 2:09am
post #59 of 89

icon_smile.gif I would not like that anybody was feeling offended if we take the initiative.
I have read in other post (CSM, for example) that also wish it to put itself on an uploads limit. If we were doing a poll in the corresponding forum?

I like this conversation!! icon_biggrin.gif it is very good to know that they think, to share ideas, to debate

debydll Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 2:10am
post #60 of 89

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%