ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 8:51pm
post #62 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by debydll

icon_biggrin.gif Hi girls!!
Sunday...12 pages again...
Smile!! icon_biggrin.gif

I'll do some today!! I promise!!

debydll I noticed you are from buenos aires?? I'm from there too!!!

debydll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debydll Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:09pm
post #63 of 89

Hola Shabby!!! icon_biggrin.gif
I live in Buenos Aires!!
Are you a "porteña" too? icon_lol.gif Where are you from? And what are you doing there? icon_lol.gif
Love your works ,Shabby!!
You have win a new friend!! icon_biggrin.gif

debydll Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:10pm
post #64 of 89

I live in Buenos Aires!!
Are you a "porteña" too? icon_lol.gif Where are you from? And what are you doing there? icon_lol.gif

debydll Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:11pm
post #65 of 89

I live in Buenos Aires!!

ShabbyChic_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:42pm
post #66 of 89

Hola deby!! I'm porteña!!! I live in California, I've been living here for 11 years and my love for cake decorating started in Buenos Aires when I was a teenager, I loved watching Marta Ballina and all the shows about cake decorating in Utilisima!!
I used to live in San Miguel, where do you live??
I visited Buenos Aires last year, OMG I ate sooooo many facturas, masas and everything you can imagine that I gained more than 17 pounds in 3 weeks!! LOL
Your cakes are really good too!! how long have you been decorating cakes??

I'm sooo happy, it's the first time I see somebody from "home" here!!!

ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:43pm
post #67 of 89

Hola deby!! I'm porteña!!! I live in California, I've been living here for 11 years and my love for cake decorating started in Buenos Aires when I was a teenager, I loved watching Marta Ballina and all the shows about cake decorating in Utilisima!!
I visited Buenos Aires last year, OMG I ate sooooo many facturas, masas and everything you can imagine that I gained more than 17 pounds in 3 weeks!! LOL

ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:44pm
post #68 of 89

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 2:45pm
post #69 of 89

I'm shifting gear here with a gallery-supporter type of question. Since comments can't be left for the cake contest cakes does that mean that after it's over there will be instantly 500+ cakes that are in the uncommented status? Just curious.

Also, I agree with the maximum uploads per day idea. I'd say 3 to 5 at the most.
thumbs_up.gif
Lisa

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:10pm
post #70 of 89

Just a quick comment.
I think that when you send in a picture of your cake you should be required to include a description on how you made it - if not the photo should be deleted by the reviewers. That might cut down on the overload. There are many of us who would like to know how it is done and when we post and ask we never receive a response.
Thanks.

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:23pm
post #71 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJNZ

Just a quick comment.
I think that when you send in a picture of your cake you should be required to include a description on how you made it - if not the photo should be deleted by the reviewers. That might cut down on the overload. There are many of us who would like to know how it is done and when we post and ask we never receive a response.
Thanks.

I have noticed the same thing...are they just posting pics...would like a description as well...just my two cents...
icon_rolleyes.gif

there is a lot of uploads from one person...I have seen 5 and 6 at one time...and most of them do not have a description about anything. Got to get back to work...will pick up again as soon as I can...Have a GREAT DAY EVERYONE! thumbs_up.gif

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:25pm
post #72 of 89

I think deleting someone's picture just because there's no description on how its made is a little harsh. Some people work their butts off on beautiful cakes and may post a few at a time and may not have the time to write a description for each one. Deleting them is wrong I think.

Anyone else notice the uncommented cakes is under repair? I'm wondering how many pages were gonna have once it reopens.

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:27pm
post #73 of 89

"THIS AREA IS CURRENTLY UNDER REPAIR"

???? icon_confused.gif

That's the message I get when I click on the view uncommented. Anyone else getting this? or is just my computer maybe?! icon_confused.gif

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:27pm
post #74 of 89
Quote:

Just a quick comment.
Thanks.

I respectfully disagree. There is no rule on CC about being required to include instructions, and I'm just fine with that. It's entirely up to each individual if they wish to share with others how they made any of their work...it's always nice when they do of course, but the gallery is for sharing photos, period.

I do like the idea of limiting the number of photos uploaded to 5 or less per day though!

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:28pm
post #75 of 89

jenlg -- Haha! guess we posted at the same time! icon_lol.gif So it must not just be me.

debydll Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:31pm
post #76 of 89

Hi girls!! icon_biggrin.gif
Yes,Lisa, i think that thing is going to happen!! I was commented a lot of castles, princess and fairy...Also Star wars
Good comment ,BJ! Great contribution!!
Have a nice day! icon_biggrin.gif

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:34pm
post #77 of 89
Quote:

Just a quick comment.
Thanks.

i agree, keywords as well icon_smile.gif

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:34pm
post #78 of 89

I'm getting the "under repair" message too...I'll check back later.

rockysmommy Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:39pm
post #79 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by cas17

Quote:

Just a quick comment.
Thanks.

I agree... thumbs_up.gif

jenlg Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:43pm
post #80 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockysmom

Quote:

Quote:

Just a quick comment.
Thanks.

I agree... thumbs_up.gif

What about the people that use techniques that want to keep the instructions to themselves? Or just pm'ing the person for instructions? Do you guys really think deleting their picture is fair?

debydll Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:45pm
post #81 of 89

I'm getting the "under repair" message too...Since 3 or 4 days. I have been commenting on the photos in the "last uploaded"gallery.Although something slow is the procedure,it is the only way that I found to advance in this question.
Bye icon_biggrin.gif

rockysmommy Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:47pm
post #82 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlg

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just a quick comment.
Thanks.

I agree... thumbs_up.gif

What about the people that use techniques that want to keep the instructions to themselves? Or just pm'ing the person for instructions? Do you guys really think deleting their picture is fair?

Well...not delete, maybe that is too harsh...but a description of the item at least...

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:48pm
post #83 of 89
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just a quick comment.
Thanks.

I agree... thumbs_up.gif

sorry, guess i should clarify: i only meant it should be like a required field to put in a keyword and some kind of description when submitting a picture. i don't think that it should be a requirement to tell exactly HOW you accomplished the cake.

jenlg Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:57pm
post #84 of 89

I wasn't trying to seem hasty, sorry if I was. I saw a thread a long while back similar to the same subject. Fellow CC'ers were 'irritated' about posters always putting in the cake flavors and fillings. It was basically a who cares topic. I really just didn't want to see this thread headed in that direction that's all.

debydll Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:58pm
post #85 of 89
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just a quick comment.
Thanks.

I agree... thumbs_up.gif

sorry, guess i should clarify: i only meant it should be like a required field to put in a keyword and some kind of description when submitting a picture. i don't think that it should be a requirement to tell exactly HOW you accomplished the cake.

Some kind of description when submitting a picture, it´s ok.I´m not agree with delete it if do not have it.As for answering the questions, this is a very personal question, difficult to measure. I never stop doing it,but we cannot punish those who do not answer.
icon_biggrin.gif

DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 11:58pm
post #86 of 89

Anyone know how long the uncommented section is going to be "under repair"?? It's been almost a week now!

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 12:03am
post #87 of 89

I keep getting "under repair also"...I'll see if I can find some.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:44am
post #88 of 89

Hi, from a new gallery supporter. I'm getting under repair also, but I'm sure it will be fixed soon.
Thanks Fiddle for telling me how to become a gallery supporter.

rockysmommy Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:51am
post #89 of 89

I too keep getting an error...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%