Question About Lettering Molds - Need Asap

Decorating By Arriva Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 3:35am by Arriva

Arriva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Arriva Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 7

I have never used a lettering mold -- the kind where you just push the fondant into the mold. Do you put shortening or powdered sugar in the mold?

TIA

Rita

6 replies
ngfcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy81 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 7

I bought a mold that you push fondant into to make letters and I usually put a little bit of cornstarch in the mold. Then I stick them in the freezer for a few minutes before I push the fondant out of the mold so that they are easier to get out. Hope this helps.

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 7:26pm
post #4 of 7

Here's a link to Edna's video. I hope it works!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=.....annel_page

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 7:30pm
post #5 of 7

Are you talking about actually molds you push fondant into or letter cutters?

The last refs. made are about using letter cutter press sets.

I usually just roll the fondant real thin and let it sit out for awhile before pressing the cutters onto the fondant.

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 2:28am
post #6 of 7

I usually get the small roll of fondant or gum paste and put a bit of corn starch on the ball itself. This helps you avoid getting to much corn starch in the mold that will cause voids in the letters. I then press the ball into the mold and then use a small gumpaste rolling pin to flatten it into the mold. Allow it to set up slightly then use the tool that comes with the mold to help you pull the letters out.

Arriva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Arriva Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 3:35am
post #7 of 7

Thanks for all the help. I was referring to the molds, but I needed the cutter information as well. Love the folks on this site !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%