tygre Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 8:50pm
post #31 of 74

Count me in too, I'm 1/2 way between Erie and Pittsburgh

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 9:19pm
post #32 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by todolomio

Even if you are far away you can still be a part of it. I mean you'll receive some great info and if we give a course we could probably set it up so that we can have the tutorials in pdf formats to send to those who can't come. You never know we might even make a trip around your area.

Where there is a will there is a way!!!

Ok, thanks for clarifying! Denise

Kissycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kissycake Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 11:20pm
post #33 of 74

Hey Sweetestthing - i'm in Chambersburg too. I'm pretty new to decorating and would love to learn more. I'm willing to travel too. Maybe we have enough people in the south central/south east PA area to meet up.

something_sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
something_sweet Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 12:32am
post #34 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissycake

Hey Sweetestthing - i'm in Chambersburg too. I'm pretty new to decorating and would love to learn more. I'm willing to travel too. Maybe we have enough people in the south central/south east PA area to meet up.

That's cool! Let me know if you need help with any hints on things. Feel free to PM me anytime!

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 12:37am
post #35 of 74

<---SE PA, include me in the loop! icon_biggrin.gif

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 7:24pm
post #36 of 74

Our PA ICES State Rep is Michael Gingrich : [email protected]

He would have the list of members and could find those from the Pittsburgh area.

Darlene Horner was the member from Beaver Falls I was thinking about. She used to teach at her shop, and has been a very active member of ICES for many years.

We also have a member that hosts a cake show in Cove County...but I'm not sure where that is.

todolomio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
todolomio Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 9:26pm
post #37 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakedout

He would have the list of members and could find those from the Pittsburgh area.

Darlene Horner was the member from Beaver Falls I was thinking about. She used to teach at her shop, and has been a very active member of ICES for many years.

We also have a member that hosts a cake show in Cove County...but I'm not sure where that is.

You think he might share that list for our Club? Or do you think that would be unethical to ask? Let me know what you think! icon_rolleyes.gif

neecerator Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 11:33pm
post #38 of 74
Quote:

Quote:

You think he might share that list for our Club? Or do you think that would be unethical to ask? Let me know what you think! icon_rolleyes.gif

I emailed him at that address about 2-4 weeks ago, and I never got a response. I'm not sure if it's unethical or not, I guess the worst anyone could say is 'no.' Go for it! Woo hoo!

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 8:06pm
post #39 of 74

Well, Michael is an instructor at a vocational school, so I know is schedule is crazy. Try e-mailing him again and put in the subject line: "Jackie Nelson says Hello" That might get his attention. icon_biggrin.gif

As far as sharing the list- don't know if he would be able to do that, but maybe he could at least give a name or two of someone to contact in that area.

Keep trying-it's about time another cake group started! thumbs_up.gif

Jackie

neecerator Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 9:07pm
post #40 of 74
Quote:

Well, Michael is an instructor at a vocational school, so I know is schedule is crazy. Try e-mailing him again and put in the subject line: "Jackie Nelson says Hello" That might get his attention. icon_biggrin.gif

As far as sharing the list- don't know if he would be able to do that, but maybe he could at least give a name or two of someone to contact in that area.

Jackie

Thank you, Jackie. I'll give that a try! icon_smile.gif

todolomio Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 3:06pm
post #41 of 74

All right! Sorry I have not posted anything but, my hubby's heart gave us a scare. He was in Puerto Rico working and was borderline to a heart attack. He's home, has gotten a lot of tests done (a few more to go) but all good.

Now and I'm back and running. We have gotten super cool responses from all over PA!!! I'm so excited with all the girls that have open there doors and ready to get started! AWESOME.

What I would like is for each one of you to send me a PM or email me at [email protected] and tell me:
1. Your name and email (We need to create a contact list to share)
2. Your experience level (beginner, intermediate, advance)
3. What are your strengths (fondant, gum paste dolls, flowers, baking etc)
4. What you would like to learn (figurines, flowers, stacking cakes etc.)

I'm off to do a cake so I'll be checking for that through today and the weekend. While your at it think of a name so we can vote on it and create or blog.

Thanks,
thumbs_up.gif

bettimont Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettimont Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 4:01pm
post #42 of 74

I would be intrested. I am pretty new and still need lots of help. I I live near Lebanon PA but would be willing to travel. This really does sound like so much fun!

neecerator Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 2:32am
post #43 of 74
Quote:

Jackie

Hi there: Still no word from Michael as of this date and time. icon_cry.gif

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 2:44am
post #44 of 74

If you are meeting in Quakertown I'd be interested in coming. But I wouldn't say this is western, PA or near Pittsburgh. Quakertown is North of Philadelphia.

I'd love to get better at piping things and learning gum paste flowers. So far... I'm good at figures and fondant work. Buttercream and piping isn't as exciting for me so I tend to shy away from it. I've LOADS to learn yet.

ginak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ginak Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 2:51am
post #45 of 74

I e-mailed you.

trumpetmidget Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trumpetmidget Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 8:59pm
post #46 of 74

I live near Quakertown (right below, actually) and I would love to join. But, todo - you have to clarify to everyone. This is NOT North-west. It's not even North East. We are in the South East part of the state - within a 45 minute drive to the New Jersey line. So, I'm not sure exactly if you are talking about a club in our area, all throughout PA or elsewhere. There is a club near Lancaster in York called "The White Rose Cake Club". They have a show every year in November.
Anyway - count me in for a cake club if it is in the southeast part, above philly. Sounds like fun.

mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mis Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 12:34am
post #47 of 74

I live in York, I am gonna have to find out about this club here. I am still a beginner, but can't hurt to check it out. Thanks for that info trumpetmidget!

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 12:54am
post #48 of 74

Hi all you PA cake decorators......I am engaged to a man that lives in Mifflinburg, PA........to be perfectly honest with you, I don't know exactly where that is, because I presently live in Florida.....we are to be married at the end of April and I will be moving there to join him so if any of you are in that area or if this is close enough so I can be a part of these groups, I would love that!

mbpbrighteyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbpbrighteyes Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 4:34am
post #49 of 74

Mis- yeah, me too! Going to see what I can find out about the York club since I'm in Lancaster! I'll PM you if I find anything!

todolomio Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 5:14am
post #50 of 74

Hi everyone:

I wanted to answer a couple of questions to some of you about the club. First, I have had people ask me if we are going to charge a membership for this club. At this point I understand that we have no need for it. I think that since we are starting we should ALL cooperate for example, someone can host an event, we can all bring snacks to share etc... When it comes to the classes some may require an additional expense to cover the materials being used by you that day. Also, when we have a special speaker that will charge for her services then we would have to pay our individual tuition to cover the class.

In the near future when we grow and have a need for example: We open our own Website, we decide to print newsletters, tutorials etc... that's when we will talk about that subject.

So for now all you need is the willingness to share, laugh, learn and make new friends!!!

I hope I have covered the majority of your questions. Thanks to those that have sent PM's regarding the club. Even if you decide not to join in you could give a suggestion for the name of our group!!!

Thanks, thumbs_up.gif

todolomio Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 5:44am
post #51 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpetmidget

I live near Quakertown (right below, actually) and I would love to join. But, todo - you have to clarify to everyone. This is NOT North-west. It's not even North East. We are in the South East part of the state - within a 45 minute drive to the New Jersey line. So, I'm not sure exactly if you are talking about a club in our area, all throughout PA or elsewhere. There is a club near Lancaster in York called "The White Rose Cake Club". They have a show every year in November.
Anyway - count me in for a cake club if it is in the southeast part, above philly. Sounds like fun.

I mentioned in a post that since we are scattered all over PA we have open the option to make a road trip to the different areas. Maybe we could start really small and then make chapters?

For those who are still wondering where is Quakertown according to there website http://www.quakertownboro.com/history.html Quakertown, Pennsylvania is a town in the Northeast portion of Upper Bucks County, about 50 miles north of Philadelphia. Now, I agree with trumpetmidget I find it to be closer to the South East. Well I was never good in geography
icon_confused.gif
We should check out that cake club and see if they still meet and maybe we could get together some time or get a few hints!!!

Trumpetmidget It's gonna be as fun!!!

todolomio Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 5:48am
post #52 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIndymm4

Hi all you PA cake decorators......I am engaged to a man that lives in Mifflinburg, PA........to be perfectly honest with you, I don't know exactly where that is, because I presently live in Florida.....we are to be married at the end of April and I will be moving there to join him so if any of you are in that area or if this is close enough so I can be a part of these groups, I would love that!

Your gonna be living according to mapquest 2 hrs and 25 min. away about 138 miles. Could be an interesting road trip. icon_biggrin.gif

todolomio Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 5:54am
post #53 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbpbrighteyes

Mis- yeah, me too! Going to see what I can find out about the York club since I'm in Lancaster! I'll PM you if I find anything!

I found this info for you:

White Rose Cake Club
Sheila Miller
28 Fake Hollow Rd.
York, PA 17406-8684
[email protected]

Let us know how it goes. Good luck thumbs_up.gif

todolomio Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 5:57am
post #54 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by mis

I live in York, I am gonna have to find out about this club here. I am still a beginner, but can't hurt to check it out. Thanks for that info trumpetmidget!

This is what I found out:

White Rose Cake Club
Sheila Miller
28 Fake Hollow Rd.
York, PA 17406-8684
[email protected]

Hope it helps! Let us know how it goes.

todolomio Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 5:58am
post #55 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginak

I e-mailed you.

got it and thanks,

todolomio Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 6:02am
post #56 of 74

A name a name we need a name!!!! Think about a name for our club.

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

dessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dessert1st Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 2:24pm
post #57 of 74

I am very interested in the Ices event in State College. However, I am not yet a member and am trying to find out more information regarding it. I e-mailed Michael for some info and this was his response...

April 18 & 19 We will be having the PA State Show in State College @ The Nittany Mall.

You can request information from Kim Morrison, she is in charge of the weekend events

[email protected] hope this is some assistance.

Michael

Then, I e-mailed Kim but have not gotten a response yet. Anyone else going? It would be great to meet the other CC'ers who are attending.

mbpbrighteyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbpbrighteyes Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:13pm
post #58 of 74

Dessert1st- I'm planning on going! Don't worry about not hearing anything back yet. I emailed Kim a couple weeks ago and did get a response with some basic info, but sounded like they're finalizing everything still. Said there would be more details to follow (hotel info, registration forms etc.). If you want to PM me your email address I could forward what she sent!
I'm excited... it'll be my first ICES event!
Todolomio- thanks for the info! I'm going to contact the group for sure! Had searched online last night for it and got too tired before finding anything! icon_smile.gif

mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mis Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 5:51pm
post #59 of 74
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mis

This is what I found out:

White Rose Cake Club
Sheila Miller
28 Fake Hollow Rd.
York, PA 17406-8684
[email protected]

Hope it helps! Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the info.

mbpbrighteyes , I might email the club for some info too, I was hoping for a website. LOL Since I am trying to teach myself (babysitting reason, not being able to take classes), I know I am not up to par for a club. icon_confused.gif

Thanks again!

dessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dessert1st Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 6:03pm
post #60 of 74

I just received the information from Kim regarding the Pa Ices event in State College. If you'd like me to send it to your email or a pm, let me know. Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%