Lounge By Deb_ Updated 13 Feb 2009 , 1:17pm by jammjenks

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 12:47am
post #31 of 377

Reposting this here. So nice, I want to see them twice.... icon_biggrin.gif
My laminated list isn't too long:

Why I love Wednesdays:

Ever since "Newsies"

And while not as big a heartthrob as the others in this thread, I so heart him, and told DH he'll have to restrain me if I ever run into Dave...

oooo... feeling a little light-headed here...dunce.gificon_lol.gif

edited to fix pic

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 12:48am
post #32 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

Where did the original thread go??? I want to finish out the pgs icon_sad.gif

It was moved to the lounge...Here is the link for you...

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-615975.html

tlcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlcakes Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 12:48am
post #33 of 377

Phew, I was nervous. I thought I lost you guys. I went to post a few minutes ago and saw the thread was locked...

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 12:49am
post #34 of 377

Okay, I've got this great shot of the Jersey shore, but I CAN'T POST IT! Urrrggghhhh icon_mad.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 12:51am
post #35 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

Okay, I've got this great shot of the Jersey shore, but I CAN'T POST IT! Urrrggghhhh icon_mad.gif

lol grace...having issues there... icon_redface.gif ...

Im going to go teach a class be back later.... icon_rolleyes.gif

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 12:54am
post #36 of 377

I'm with you on Dave Matthews Lani. Ever seen him live? btw, I love your avatar..that's the little guy from the Manamana song on the muppets isn't it?

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:01am
post #37 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellBell22

I'm with you on Dave Matthews Lani. Ever seen him live? btw, I love your avatar..that's the little guy from the Manamana song on the muppets isn't it?

Yay! Another Dave fan! Yep, seen him 4 times. Twice with the full band, twice with Tim Reynolds. I'm trying to convince DH that the perfect b-day gift is a trip to Vegas to see DMB there. icon_lol.gif

Yeah, it's the "Ma na ma na" and "Fat Cat Sat Hat" guy. My 2 y/o DD loves those skits. I have to play them on YouTube at least twice a day. icon_lol.gif

zoomitoons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomitoons Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:02am
post #38 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellBell22

Animal Rocks!!!!!

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:04am
post #39 of 377

Excuse me! Excuse me!!!! Please observe my avatar!!!!

KellBell22 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:04am
post #40 of 377

I haven't seen the Sat cat fa hat...I'll have to look that up. My daughter and I are always singing Manamana. icon_biggrin.gif I've only seen Dave once, but what a concert!!!! His live album with Tim Reynolds is one of my absolute faves as well.

KellBell22 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:06am
post #41 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodieF

Nicely done Jodie!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:11am
post #42 of 377

Another fave of mine!!! The perennial Bad Boy, but the voice is ohhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Darn it! I need a tubby!!!!!

And in Virtuosity with Denzel and in The Silver Brumby there are some REALLY nice butt shots!!!!!
LL

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:12am
post #43 of 377
Quote:

OK let me try this.

Grace first right-click on the image and select "Copy Image Location"

Then in your message - forget about that tag button. Just type this in:
[img]
then paste in the URL that you copied.
No you're not done yet
Now I want you to look at that URL. Does it start with http://? If not, delete anything that showed up before http:// such as "img src" or whatever. Does it end with .jpg or .gif? If not, delete whatever comes after .jpg or .gif or whatever is clearly the normal URL of that image. Including quotation marks, whatever.

Now (hopefully) you have a clean URL that looks something like
http://yadayadayada/img/pukingguy.gif
To finish, you have to back-end the html tag. Since you started with [img], you now need to END your pasted location with
[/img]

The [img] tag tells the computer where the image code begins, but it's worthless until you add the [/img] tage to tell the computer where to stop looking for Image code. The http part is obviously the web address of the image but it's useless if it's got a bunch of other junk attached to it.

I wonder if I just helped or made things worse?

JodieF Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:14am
post #44 of 377

Ceshell....well, I understood you, but I'm a computer tech....*lol*

spencersmom98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spencersmom98 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:20am
post #45 of 377

I went away for an hour or so to make dinner and the thread went away! icon_surprised.gif Glad to see it went away on a good note, though! Not quite sure what to think about this clubs title, though. I think we should call it the Poor SpencersMom98 Club! lol

ceshell Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:20am
post #46 of 377

I can never tell if I am simplifying enough, as I tend to be too thorough. As a high school assignment on "thoroughness", I once wrote a three page paper instructing people how to make a peanut butter an jelly sandwich. Instead of "open jar" I wrote "With your left hand holding the jar tightly, place your right hand on top of the lid with fingers grasping the sides of the lid. Gripping tightly, twist the lid to the left until the lid is loose enough to lift off the jar. Place lid on table and use right hand to pick up spoon." etc. I was the only one who got an A.

ceshell Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:22am
post #47 of 377

BTW Grace, did you ever find the laundry thread?? If not: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=614129

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:39am
post #48 of 377
Quote:

Hey, I want one of those!!!!!!!! How'dya do that?

JodieF Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:44am
post #49 of 377

Dkelly...I made it in Publisher...

Ya want it? I'll e-mail it to you! Free to all OEA members!

ceshell Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:48am
post #50 of 377

We can always be sneaky and just right-click it. Just don't post about that in a stolen picture thread Image

spencersmom98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spencersmom98 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:52am
post #51 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceshell

We can always be sneaky and just right-click it. Just don't post about that in a stolen picture thread Image

Now, what was this about? Were people stealing pics of cakes from this site and claiming they were their own, or what?

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:52am
post #52 of 377
Quote:

Quote:

OK let me try this.

Grace first right-click on the image and select "Copy Image Location"

Then in your message - forget about that tag button. Just type this in:
[img]
then paste in the URL that you copied.
No you're not done yet
Now I want you to look at that URL. Does it start with http://? If not, delete anything that showed up before http:// such as "img src" or whatever. Does it end with .jpg or .gif? If not, delete whatever comes after .jpg or .gif or whatever is clearly the normal URL of that image. Including quotation marks, whatever.

Now (hopefully) you have a clean URL that looks something like
http://yadayadayada/img/pukingguy.gif
To finish, you have to back-end the html tag. Since you started with [img], you now need to END your pasted location with
[/img]

The [img] tag tells the computer where the image code begins, but it's worthless until you add the [/img] tage to tell the computer where to stop looking for Image code. The http part is obviously the web address of the image but it's useless if it's got a bunch of other junk attached to it.

I wonder if I just helped or made things worse?

Thanks for the help, but the first problem is I don't get a choice of "copy image location" when I right click. That's my first problem. My second one is, if I'm copying a photo that I've taken or saved in my Photos on my computer, how do I find the code for it? Thanks ceshell.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:55am
post #53 of 377
Quote:

I can never tell if I am simplifying enough, as I tend to be too thorough. As a high school assignment on "thoroughness", I once wrote a three page paper instructing people how to make a peanut butter an jelly sandwich. Instead of "open jar" I wrote "With your left hand holding the jar tightly, place your right hand on top of the lid with fingers grasping the sides of the lid. Gripping tightly, twist the lid to the left until the lid is loose enough to lift off the jar. Place lid on table and use right hand to pick up spoon." etc. I was the only one who got an A.

Boy, you sound an awful lot like somebody my husband is married to. Image

JodieF Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:57am
post #54 of 377

I officially give any and all permission to take the OFFICIAL OEA avatar!!!!!

Shoot....it would be nice to have a photo stolen! It's not likely to happen to one of my cakes!!!

JodieF Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:59am
post #55 of 377

Sugar Plum Fairy...what DO you see when you right click?

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:59am
post #56 of 377

WOW! I thought I lost you guys forever when I saw that Heath shut the thread down. My heart sank!

Good to see you all, you have all become a big part of my day! (Yeah, I have no life LOL!)

I have things to get done, but just wanted to touch base!

Hugs all!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:59am
post #57 of 377
Quote:

Dkelly...I made it in Publisher...

Ya want it? I'll e-mail it to you! Free to all OEA members!

Well, since you know about my very limited computer skills...........YES I'd LOVE for you to e-mail it to me. Thank you so much, Jodie.

JodieF Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 2:04am
post #58 of 377

Dkelly...I'll be glad to, if you want to pm me your e-mail. I can't attach anything through the email here. Or, you can right click on my avatar, then do save picture as, and save it to your computer. Then you can save it as your avatar too!

Jodie

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 2:07am
post #59 of 377
Quote:

BTW Grace, did you ever find the laundry thread?? If not: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=614129

JodieF Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 2:09am
post #60 of 377

Sugar Plum Fairy!!! You did it!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%