So Where Did The Island Go?! Lost Is Back!!!!!!

Lounge By lanibird Updated 28 May 2010 , 1:23pm by janebrophy

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 599

After the morning craziness died down, I remembered today is Wednesday. Lost Wednesday!

It's my biggest addiction, just after CC, of course. icon_wink.gif

I should be doing housework today, but I'll probably just end up watching old episodes online, and cruising around the Lostpedia website.

Anyone else a Lost fan?

598 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 3:46pm
post #2 of 599

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! I cannot believe that I forgot that today was LOST Wednesday!!!!!

Now I'm excited for the rest of the day!!

isista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isista Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 599

You are soooooo lucky.
We will be waiting for sometime to watch here in Turkey... I am a big fan too.....

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 4:51pm
post #4 of 599

I'm so glad you reminded me! I've been watching it right from the beginning, and of course....I can't stop now! I wonder how many seasons they can keep us addicted for? For crying out loud! icon_cry.gif
It just sucks me into it every time, and I must watch it! icon_evil.gif

michood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michood Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 9:40pm
post #5 of 599

I AM SO EXCITED! I have class tonight, so DH and I are recording it and going to watch it as soon as I get home! I was told that there will only be two more seasons, so it will end in 2010, but I haven't looked it up myself so don't take my word on it.

I didn't start watching until last year, but I watched from the beginning online and just got all caught up a few months ago. It is insane how addicting this show is!!

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 10:35pm
post #6 of 599

yay!!! I'm ready for this story to develop....although I did think the entire island just "moving" was a bit silly. And whatever happened with those polar bears? lol

lanibird Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 11:49pm
post #7 of 599

Glad to see I'm not the only crazy one here. icon_lol.gif

I'm so excited to tonight! janelwaters, I did the exact same thing when I realized that it was on tonight. 4 y/o DD thought I had gone crazy!

isista, have you tried watching in on the ABC website? I know they put up new episodes the morning after they air here. http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=index and click on the "Watch Free Episodes link. HTH thumbs_up.gif

Yep, only 2 more seasons of Lost. icon_cry.gif Sucks, but at least we know we'll get an ending, and, hopefully, explainations on just what the heck is going on there!

Oh, and if you want to kill some time, check out the Lost wiki, http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page I can spend forever on there reading the crazy amount of information people have managed to put together. The theory pages are fun too. Crazy to see how much thought other fans have put into what they think is going on!

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 12:14am
post #8 of 599

icon_lol.gif can'twaitcan'twaitcan'twait! icon_lol.gif
Gettin' all settled in.... now, if I only had some cake....hmmmm.... icon_rolleyes.gif

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 1:03am
post #9 of 599

I can't wait to watch it either. I don't have my tv hooked up to get channels so I'll have to wait until they put it online tomorrow. Agh! The suspense!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:19am
post #10 of 599

My 16 year old rented all 4 seasons so she could catch up, and dang her, she got me hooked!!! I've marked my Wed calendar so I make sure NOT to book a sampling on a Wed night!

I luv Hurley!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:23am
post #11 of 599

and there is no such thing as "death" -- at least according to tonight's episode!!!

this is going to be one interesting last two seasons!

janelwaters Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:28am
post #12 of 599

I have to rewatch it tomorrow online...my cable kept locking up!!! I was screaming curse words at the TV!

I really don't think that I fully understood what happened tonight.....

isista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isista Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 10:47am
post #13 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanibird

isista, have you tried watching in on the ABC website? I know they put up new episodes the morning after they air here. http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=index and click on the "Watch Free Episodes link. HTH thumbs_up.gif

lanibird, OH MY GOD....YOU ROCK!!!!!! Many many many many Thanks from me and my husband... I was not aware of that link. What were doing was just wait to buy the dvds arriving here and we are like" hasn't lost arrived yet?." Tonight is a LOST night for us too. I can hardly keep myself watching the episode NOW but will wait for DH..Thanks again...

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 1:50pm
post #14 of 599

I'm with michood... I just started watching last season, and was so confused of course. So I got all caught up just in time for the season 5. Remember when Richard (the guyliner guy who never ages) gave that compass to Locke, and told him to give it to him when Locke saw him again... Now I could be wrong, but was the compass one of the items on the table that Richard brought to Locke last season, when he visited Locke when he was a litttle boy? And Locke ended up choosing a knife, I think? Just a thought I had...
I REALLY like the whole jumping-around-in-time thing going on. And I absolutely love Faraday! He's the only one that really knows what's going on. I'd love to get ahold of that notebook, although I probbly couldn't make any sense with all thos equations, lol.
I love where this show has gone...and looking forward to next Wednesday!!!

ps, does anyone listen to LOSt podcasts, like Jay and Jack?

lanibird Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:53pm
post #15 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by isista

Quote:

lanibird, OH MY GOD....YOU ROCK!!!!!! Many many many many Thanks from me and my husband... I was not aware of that link. What were doing was just wait to buy the dvds arriving here and we are like" hasn't lost arrived yet?." Tonight is a LOST night for us too. I can hardly keep myself watching the episode NOW but will wait for DH..Thanks again...

You are most welcome! Gotta spread the Lost love around! icon_lol.gif I'm really glad you don't have to wait until the next season comes out on DVD! That'd just drive me crazy having to wait that long!

I love Lost because DH and I are reverted to babbling idiots, who cannot produce more than monosyllabic words or complete sentences while it's on. icon_lol.gif

bigsisof3kids, you are right about that compass. It was one of the objects in that little test.

"It points north, John." icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I listen to the Podcast with the producers. They are complete dorks, and totally funny.

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 9:37pm
post #16 of 599

LOVE LOST!

Here is a good website too...

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com

**************don't read if you haven't watched*************

So the whole Faraday story has me so um Lost? How did he get on the island back in the Marvin Candle days??? Is he a bad guy or good guy?

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 3:03am
post #17 of 599

and for those who have phones that support it:

m.lost.abc.com

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 4:47am
post #18 of 599

Missed it because I was out of town but just caught up online. This is going to be great! I love how the show's evolved too and constantly keeps you guessing. But I will be upset if they never explain the black smoke. lol

For some reason, Hurley throwing that hot pocket at Ben cracked me up.

janelwaters Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 1:55pm
post #19 of 599

I thought I was going to pee my pants when Hurley threw the hot pocket!!! That was the funniest part of the show!

I'm laughing now thinking about it again!

michood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michood Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:21pm
post #20 of 599

I had to rewind and watch it at least 5 times, then we had to pause for a bit so I could stop laughing!

I'm thinkin' that will be my new line of defense if anyone ever tries to break into our house!

lanibird Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:37pm
post #21 of 599

maryjsgirl, yeah, I have no clue with Faraday. I figure he just traveled back in time to that point. Or he's like Alpert, never aging or whatever.

I totally agree with you Ironbaker! If they do not give us an explaination for Smokey, I'll throw a Hot Pocket at the TV! The monster was the first mystery presented on the island, they better tell us what it is!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 6:45pm
post #22 of 599
Quote:

maryjsgirl, yeah, I have no clue with Faraday. I figure he just traveled back in time to that point. Or he's like Alpert, never aging or whatever.

I totally agree with you Ironbaker! If they do not give us an explaination for Smokey, I'll throw a Hot Pocket at the TV! The monster was the first mystery presented on the island, they better tell us what it is!

According to an article I read (TV Guide, maybe?) there will be an explanation for the smoke monster.

My absolute favorite episode was the one about Hurley and the problems he was having after winning the lottery. Nothing went right...even to losing his stake in the tennis shoe factory when it burned down. Funny, funny episode!

bigsisof3kids Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 7:17pm
post #23 of 599
Quote:
Quote:

My absolute favorite episode was the one about Hurley and the problems he was having after winning the lottery. Nothing went right...even to losing his stake in the tennis shoe factory when it burned down. Funny, funny episode!

I think the name of that episode was The Numbers. It's one of my favorites too. My all time fave is the one from last season with Penny and Desmond, The Constant. I also like another Hurley episode, Tricia Tanaka is Dead, it was the one where his dad left him when he was little, and that meteor obliterated the Chicken Shack... and Hurley found the Dharma bus. Ahhhhh... good times.... icon_smile.gif

I'm thinking that when we saw Faraday in the beginning, maybe he was just time-travelling, maybe? And maybe he's special like Desmond, where "the rules" don't apply to him either. He had told Sawyer that if something didn't happen in the past, then you can't change that fact. But he was able to talk to DEsmond at the Hatch's back door, even though it never happened in the past (well, I guess it didn't, Desmond didn't seem to recognize Faraday last season). I don't know where I'm going with this, just a thought I had.

Ouch. My brain hurts, lol. icon_smile.gif

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 2:57am
post #24 of 599

LOST rocks! icon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

kbak37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbak37 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 3:59am
post #25 of 599

OK..I think I was the last person on earth to watch Lost. I just began season one last week, caught up enough to follow the premier and now catch all the other seasons online. I must say I was hooked from episode one! And I am not sure that Lost and CC are a good thing for me...I may never leave my couch. icon_lol.gif

bigsisof3kids Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 1:55pm
post #26 of 599

Whoa.

All 4 seasons in a week? That is AWESOME. It took me like 3 months, lol.
That's great, 'cause everything is fresh in your brain, and you could catch on to some little details that others might not.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 7:14pm
post #27 of 599

icon_lol.gif I think Hot Pockets is going to see an increase in sales. I'd imagine the cheesier ones will give the most *ouch* when they burst on impact. I'm going to have to find that clip online, it was too funny.

I loved those episodes with Hurley also and The Constant is one of my all time favs.

I have a love/hate relationship with Ben.

And I still refuse to believe that Jin is dead. Let me stay in my denial, thanks.

I love Sawyer and his nicknames.

And I swear, I wanna throw panties at Sayid.

OK, now I'm anxiously awaiting the Smokey explanation!

lanibird Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 7:48pm
post #28 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

icon_lol.gif I think Hot Pockets is going to see an increase in sales. I'd imagine the cheesier ones will give the most *ouch* when they burst on impact. I'm going to have to find that clip online, it was too funny.

I loved those episodes with Hurley also and The Constant is one of my all time favs.

I have a love/hate relationship with Ben.

And I still refuse to believe that Jin is dead. Let me stay in my denial, thanks.

I love Sawyer and his nicknames.

And I swear, I wanna throw panties at Sayid.

OK, now I'm anxiously awaiting the Smokey explanation!

Yeah, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Though I will add even though he is a pill-popping, need to fix everything, control freak, I'm glad Jack shaved the beard, cause I loves me some Jack!

Ben is one of the best villans ever. I hate him so much, but sometimes you just feel so sorry for him. Plus, he has some of the best lines/looks ever.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:08am
post #29 of 599

I had a Lost party that night! It was only a party of five (hee hee, oh tv puns) but we all had great fun. I fixed some slow roasted pork and tropical fruit salad. I tried to stick to food they would have had on the island.

Here's the thing I'm most excited to figure out: what the heck was up with the four toed statue?????

I'll bet that the stick that Sawyer stepped on in the jungle is gonna come back to haunt him. Hope they don't have to chop his foot. *sniffles for sawyer*

And a question for you all, anyone here think Charlie is alive? I saw this youtube video where someone showed how it was impossible for Charlie to drown in that underwater station. I still believe he's alive. Oh! Speaking of dead people showing up again!

Anna Lucia!!! I loved it when she pulled Hurley over and gave him some tips on how to be on the run! Ha!

ohhh, now I'm all hyped up for this next wednesday.

bigsisof3kids Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:22pm
post #30 of 599
Quote:
Quote:

Anna Lucia!!! I loved it when she pulled Hurley over and gave him some tips on how to be on the run! Ha!

And then says "Btw, Libby says hi."

icon_biggrin.gif Gotta love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%