Got Another Question

Decorating By whittyella Updated 12 Jan 2009 , 1:28am by whittyella

whittyella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whittyella Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 4:28am
post #1 of 8

how in the world do you make candy clay better yet what is it i see everywhere but have no clue what it is it looks like fun to play with lol and i am trying to find the best recipe to use to make cakes like anytype cakes and whats the best recipe to make for wedding cakes also and whats the best recipe to make for buttercream frosting like a really good one that could be used with numerous things as in frosting filling. plese reply as i said before i am new at this but i want to learn it sooo bad its like im obsessed with cake decorating i want to make a business out of it also any ideas on that lol thank you for helping me guys icon_smile.gif

7 replies
cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 2:33pm
post #2 of 8

WOW! Welcome! If you go to the recipe link there are many mnay BC recipes there. Everyone seems to have their own favorite. A ny cake can be made for a wedding cake, it depends on what the bride and groom are looking for. The WASC recipe seems to be a favorite . You can also find it on the recipe link. I always use boxed cake mix w/an extra egg added. Always works for me. Cake decorating is addictive, I started in August, and cant keep up with the orders. You can look at me cakes if you llike . Some are better than others. some only took a day. a few had about 18-20 hours of time to them. Good Luck!!!!!!! icon_smile.gif

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 8

Wow! That was an exhausting post to read! icon_eek.gif Now, take a deep breath, and I will talk you down icon_cool.gif . So, one question I think I read was about buttercream. A really good icing is SMBC (swiss meringue buttercream). It is light and delicious. There are many good recipes on CC. Good Luck and welcome to CC. icon_biggrin.gif

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 2:52pm
post #4 of 8

I hope this can help you, Edna has some videos on youtube en they are amazing, I try this recipe and I love it.

http://www.designmeacake.com/id28.html

For the buttercream I love indydebi's buttercream it is my favorite.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6992-0-Indydebis-Crisco-Based-Buttercream-Icing.html

This is going to help you a lot too

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-2926.html

This recipe it is really good too, you have to try it.

thumbs_up.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-5453-the-well-dressed-cake-swiss.html

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 2:53pm
post #5 of 8

Welcome to CC whittyella thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
LL

whittyella Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 5:34am
post #6 of 8

thank you so much guys i feel so welcome i am getting really nervous and seeing all this and all the other photos on here has helped me lol and im sorry for the wow post lol i never use periods i was taught about them but i think i get sooo excited i forget about them hehe i just wish i could have like one on one time with someone lol to really explain it to me while i do hands on with them and when i do something wrong they can explain it to me haha but oh well we dont have much of that were i am from lol its a reallly small town here lol but i will def. take a look at all this and hopely i will stop being so nervous lol bout this whole thing lol thank you so much guys an i will add you all to my buddy list thanks again have a great day

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 1:29pm
post #7 of 8

HI Whittyella! Welcome to our little corner of the decorating world. You will learn lots here when you can take time to read the many, many posts. There is sooooooo much information it will make your eyes cross & tieredicon_smile.gif
But please, your posts are *VERY!* difficult to readicon_sad.gif Please use periods, commas etc to separate your thought so us 'old ladies' can understand them.

whittyella Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 1:28am
post #8 of 8

haha, I will try to start using them and make sure to proof read before i send them out. I usally just type and then go. HAHA, but for the next times that i send out a post i will def. use periods haha. Talk to you later.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%