Disaster With The Decorator

Decorating By kimster Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 9:06pm by Caths_Cakes

Sweetlepea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetlepea Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 5:24am
post #61 of 77

Oh, hun.. ME TOOOO! Ugh.. I've gained like 30 pounds since I started baking and decorating!!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 4:20pm
post #62 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonK1973

ooooooh! I just noticed that Melvira and I share the same birthday!

Woo-hooo! We're birthday twins! thumbs_up.gif

miss_sweetstory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss_sweetstory Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 4:33pm
post #63 of 77

Yikes...you're only a size 8???

Those that talked about resisting that 1st bite are so right. Years ago I worked in a bakery and I didn't eat anything from there (really, not a thing) for the first 6 months. Then...that chocolate peanut butter bar called my name.

20 years later and I'm still convinced that it's all that bar's fault.

mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 4:51pm
post #64 of 77

Melvira - you have to get yourself a Wii. My kids got one for Christmas and my hubby got me the Wii fit. I love that thing, it is so fun and helpful. I have already lost 10lbs (even still tasting all my goodies) and I can see a definate difference in my muscle tone! A big plus in my book. I also suffer from flashbacks of pre-section days. Oh, my beautiful abs are long gone, but this game is awesome!

I have had 4 sections and a hysterectomy (I am only 2icon_cool.gif, and it has been hard getting the pounds off. However, the Wii has been a fun and easy way of beginning to regain my pre-section body!

No, I don't work for Nintendo! icon_lol.gif

Mandi

Melvira Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 5:10pm
post #65 of 77

Oh man, Mandi, if I could find one I'd get it! Hahaha! I think I'll have to watch very closely!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 5:13pm
post #66 of 77

mandifrye.. Im so excited to hear that I have been looking into the Wii fit also !
Glad to hear its fun and works for some weight loss to!

CharmingConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CharmingConfections Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 5:16pm
post #67 of 77

just reading this.. i need a cupcake.
Of course I am 11 weeks prego with my second so I can blame any weight gain on the baby icon_smile.gif haha!!!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 7:33pm
post #68 of 77

I like the Wii fit too, especially when you do one measly yoga position and the virtual trainer says "that was a GREAT workout!"

Melvira Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 7:41pm
post #69 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

I like the Wii fit too, especially when you do one measly yoga position and the virtual trainer says "that was a GREAT workout!"

Hey, that's the kind of positive motivation I need! Can you get it to say, "You need a margarita! Go ahead, have two!" after you do 5 situps?

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 10:50pm
post #70 of 77

yuck exercise..... hate it the only sweating I do is when i'm in front of the oven.. ha ha ha .. I tried buying myself a video game it ended up being cookin mama..and the only time I was a size 8 well I am.... on one thigh...ha

kelleyincolorado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleyincolorado Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 12:53am
post #71 of 77

I stopped the desire to snack on cake and whatnot by spraying anything I cut off of the cakes with Tabasco. Nothing more gnarly than hot sauce on cake.

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 8:25pm
post #72 of 77

Try chewing gum when you are decorating a cake, it is hard to put food in your mouth when you are chewing gum!

Lomikesa

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 3:17am
post #73 of 77

My excuse is "Never Trust a SKINNY COOK"
icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 2:42pm
post #74 of 77

Yesterday a guy came to my kitchen and set up cameras to make a time-lapse movie of a couple of cakes being decorated. I realized afterward that I hadn't eaten ONE piece of scrap cake all day, even with carving a 3-D cake adn having LOTS of scraps around. I'm going to pretend that someone's filming me from now on! icon_smile.gif

I'll call it the "nannycam diet."

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 8:25pm
post #75 of 77

......I stopped the desire to snack on cake... by spraying anything I cut off of the cakes with Tabasco.........
........try chewing gum when you are decorating ......

I've got an even better suggestionicon_smile.gif

Put toothpaste on your tongue. Just smear about 1/4" of paste right on the tongue. The taste of toothpaste & icing just does not go together.
It worked for me.

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 12:49am
post #76 of 77

You can allways tell what cake I have been working on by the color of my tounge. I have to be carefull when I deliver the kids cakes that I prefer to do. They are allways brightly colored and i cannot keep from sampling my cream cheese buttercream icing. As for the cakes, I put the tops of the cakes (when leveling them) in a ziplock bag for my hubby to eat at night. Needless to say, i am not the only one with a larger waist than i had before i started this.

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 9:06pm
post #77 of 77

ive batteled with weight for years, But found a really fab way to work it for my self . . my husband is one of those men who eats and eats and eats . . .and doesnt put on a pound ( it sickens me lol ) So he is offical taster, anything i make has to pass his lips first, hes getting really good at telling if it needs this or that icon_smile.gif So i dont get to eat any of my cakes at all icon_sad.gif Last time i made cup cakes, i had to make 4 dozen and , ended up with 5 dozen and still didnt eat any, Although saying this out loud actually makes me feel left out lol!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%