karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 6:59pm
post #31 of 196

Joanne, you are in my prayers. Be well!

Ldydesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ldydesignr Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:01pm
post #32 of 196

Joanne,

As you can tell you have lots of support here on CC, lots of positive thoughts and prayers being sent on your behalf. Just take one minute at a time, take time to smell the roses and appreciate what you have. You will come through this and beat cancer. You just have to believe you can and I believe that you can.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

GRAMMASUE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMMASUE Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:03pm
post #33 of 196

I join everyone in sending my prayers for a full recovery.

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:06pm
post #34 of 196

it's very helpful to surround yourself with positivity and faith and you certainly have that-all our thoughts and prayers are with you for a full and speedy recovery

NuttyNanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NuttyNanny Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:07pm
post #35 of 196

Joanne....there is so much power in prayer...I know for a fact. You are in my prayers and everyone else...family, friends and fellow CC'ers. You will get through this tough time by the power of GOD and prayer. Also I send you a great big ((((((HUG))))))...they also have powers!!!

sweetpea1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea1972 Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:16pm
post #36 of 196

I'm adding my well wishes and prayers. Positive thinking is a big step.
I am 3 years clear of Hodgkins non-lymphoma and honestly chalk it up to good thoughts, love and prayers from friends and family.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:18pm
post #37 of 196

Joanne, I am praying for you! I live in an area where there has been a huge number of women diagnosed with BC in the last 3 years, it has been a huge learning experience for all of us. My MIL is a survivor. I also have a close friend who underwent a double mastectomy 6 weeks after the birth of her youngest child, she was 30 then and is still thriving today. She has taken a lot of resources and used them to her benefit. We live in AL, but she flies to TX twice a year with a guest to have her checkups done. I will be more than happy to get as much information as I can from her. Please let me know what I can do to help you out. I know the Lord will be with you and will see you through this. Be strong and have Faith, God is good ALL OF THE TIME!!! Be well my cc friend!

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:18pm
post #38 of 196

Joanne will be in my thoughts and prayers!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 10:00pm
post #39 of 196

I sent a PM, but decided to add my best wishes here, too. Nobody likes hearing the "C" word, but modern medicine has come a long way! Take it day by day and know that there are a lot of people pulling for you.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 10:25pm
post #40 of 196

Joanne. Prayers and knowledge of some of your darkest imaginings. My mom has gone through four different cancers in 16 years. They have ALL been stage four when diagnosed, from kidney cancer, on to bladder, endrometrial, and the most recent being a tumor in her left breast 7cmx6cm... yes, that big! There are wonderful new treatments and medications. She is taking an oral form of chemo called Femera. It cut off the estrogen to the tumor so they used it first to shrink the tumor to a size where they could perform the mastectomy. Now, and along with radiation, she uses it as her chemo. No side effects and no hair loss. She is remarkable at 78.

Don't hesitate to cry, and don't think you have to be Super Woman. It's okay. Truly, it will all be okay. Lean on us for support, find some of the awesome breast cancer support sites. There are incredible networks and unbelievable amounts of information out there for you.

Some of what has helped me the most is that my mom has been honest about her emotions. If you have children old enough to understand what you are facing, please include them in this process. I pray you have a supportive husband who takes his vows seriously and will walk by your side through this.

Finally, there is comfort in knowing we are not in control, but that God truly is. He asks only for your faith. I pray you are able to lean on that truth and find a "peace that passes understanding."

Blessings.
Wendy

saap1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saap1204 Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 10:30pm
post #41 of 196

Joanne:

Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay positive and surround yourself with loved ones (and lots of dessert icon_biggrin.gif )! Let others take care of you for a change--you can go back to doing everything once you feel better.

Sheryl

Niquie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niquie Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 10:49pm
post #42 of 196

Hi Joanne,
Just wanted to say that you are in my thoughts and prayers, and I know that with God, everything will be alright!!! I will continue to pray for you and your family. Take Care!!!

Ashley

Pebbles13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles13 Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 11:03pm
post #43 of 196

Dear Joanne,

Wishing you a full, speedy recovery. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones at this trying time in your life. Stay strong and keep the faith.

Tricia

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 12:02am
post #44 of 196

Joanne,
I will keep you in my prayers. There is so much positive energy being sent your way!!! Please know we are all a family here and we are all pulling for you. Thanks so much Tracy for letting us know so we can send out thoughts. You are a true friend!

Susan

P.S. send your thought my way on jan 6th when I meet my radiologist and surgeon. Those darn breasts!

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 2:07am
post #45 of 196

Susan/Peeverly - I PM'ed you as well, but I have you in my thoughts also for the 6th. If it is any help, I had two cysts removed and scars fade. I hope and pray all goes well on your end!

JOANNE UPDATE - She was able to grab a quick moment in between the bone scan and the CAT scan today and was able to read some of the messages. It really, really meant the world to her and it truly moved her. Right now this has happened so fast that it is a bit overwhelming, but I expect that she will respond when she has a moment to catch her breath and be able to share some good news. The results come in tomorrow and based on those, if it has spread she will have to start chemo immediately and then have surgery at a later date. Fingers crossed that that is not the case and she can have the surgery as planned on Wednesday.

Thank you for your kindness during a difficult time. She is finding great comfort in your outpouring of support.

adunfag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adunfag Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 2:25am
post #46 of 196

Joanne, you are in my thoughts and prayers. May God's blessings shine down on you and your family during this difficult time.

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 2:49am
post #47 of 196

Joanne914

God speed, CC sister! You are in my prayers and I hear there IS power in every prayer.

SweetDreamsAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsAT Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 5:33am
post #48 of 196

Joanne,
I read the beginning of this post earlier today, but got interrupted and didn't have time to write then. You have been on my mind CONSTANTLY since then! I am sending you love, support and healing thoughts with all my might!!! Thank you for being in touch through Tracy (and thanks to you Tracy for keeping us updated).
In friendship and faith,
CeRae

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 5:50am
post #49 of 196

i know its difficult for her, i also know that as a woman she will be ok. at times when us women have the most horrific things happen to us, that is where we find our strength within us. strength we didn't even know we had. so even in knowing that, i send you lots of positive thoughts, prayers and a big huggie!! i hope when you read all the post that will be on here that you will know that even tho most on here are strangers, that in times like what you are going through, we are not strangers, but women in caring (and a few men) gathering to support you. please be well and take care of yourself. its ok to be selfish (as mothers a hard thing to do) now and think of you.....

JaLa90016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaLa90016 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 6:09am
post #50 of 196

Joanne, my prayers and well wishes are with you and your family.

Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 6:13am
post #51 of 196

I'm so sorry you are going through this.... I've faced this fear with a sister (pancreatic), But, it's wonderful to see the outpouring of support and love that is coming your way....I know you are feeling it.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 6:14am
post #52 of 196

Joanne-
Hoping and praying for your recovery...
Rita

zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 6:48am
post #53 of 196

Get wel soon ,best wishes and prayers for your speedy recovery .

riSHEL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
riSHEL Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 7:23am
post #54 of 196

Joanne, I join all our other CC sisters in wishing you well. We have all had cancer affect our lives in one way or another. But when it happens in our family, it's personal. You, my dear, are family. CC is a very tight knit group of bake crazy gals that feel (and are) just like family. When you are fighting this fight, know you are not alone. We are all keeping you in our prayers and thoughts.

Tracy, THANK YOU SO MUCH for keeping us in the loop. You're as good of a friend as you are a baker.

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 8:08am
post #55 of 196

Joanne, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Peeverly, take care of yourself. Let us know how you're doing.

cakelass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelass Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 8:22am
post #56 of 196

Dear Joanne,
I will be praying for you from the other side of the world. Keep positive and all will be well.

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 8:46am
post #57 of 196

A BIG HUG to you Joanne all the way from Canada.......from your CC sister! We have never met, but my whole heart goes out to you....thinking of you...... icon_smile.gifbirthday.gificon_wink.gif

coopette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coopette Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 1:13pm
post #58 of 196

Joanne,
Thoughts & prayers for you & your family from Missouri. Keep your spirits high & remember the CC Clan is thinking of you & wishing you a speedy recovery. God bless.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 1:33pm
post #59 of 196

May The Lord Bless you during this time and bring strength to you and your family.

Beth in KY

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 1:45pm
post #60 of 196

all our warmest thoughts and deepest prayers for you and yours...... thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%