Very Important - A Fellow Cc'er Needs Our Positive Thoughts

Lounge By TracyLH Updated 23 Jan 2009 , 7:17pm by SweetDreamsAT

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 11:11pm
post #151 of 196

Tracy thanks so much for the update. We will have to all up our prayers girls, Joanne needs them now more than ever. I will light a candle for her tomorrow at the LaSallette Shrine here in Massachusetts. Please send her my love and prayers.

God Bless you Joanne! Stay strong you WILL beat this.
Love, Deb Kelly icon_smile.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 11:13pm
post #152 of 196

Oh I am so sorry to hear this. We are praying... just know that. We are praying!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 11:20pm
post #153 of 196

Oh I am so sorry to hear this, Well, just remember its just a set back thats all. You just have to fight a little harder. Lots of prayers coming your way.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 11:24pm
post #154 of 196

The Lord does everything for a reason, and though we may not understand the "why" now, it will surface in time. I can only imagine how this setback has left Joanne. I am continually praying for you Joanne, in fact I was upset on my long drive this morning because I realized I hadn't mentioned your surgery in my prayers today. I immediately focused on a special prayer for you. I know the Lord will bless you and keep you. Stay strong, we are all right here beside you, if not in person, we are in heart! God Bless you, you're a brave woman!!!

martmarg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martmarg Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 11:24pm
post #155 of 196

you are in my prayers. God Bless yOu!

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 11:34pm
post #156 of 196

All of your CC sisters are pulling for you! We miss you and keep you in our thoughts and prayers daily.
You will beat this!!

sparklepopz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklepopz Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 11:53pm
post #157 of 196

Oh God, I'm so sorry that Joanne has experienced this setback. I am continuing to pray for her. Please send her our warmest thoughts, hugs, and prayers.

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 12:01am
post #158 of 196

Sending prayers your way Joanne. I'm sorry things didn't go as planned. I hope your breast weekend ever was just that!

riSHEL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
riSHEL Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 12:52am
post #159 of 196

Tracy, it is so nice of you to update us the way you do. She is on our minds SO much, and it helps to know what's going on. Hugs to you!

Joanne, my heart goes out to you and your family. Strength comes in numbers and do you have a number of supporters!! You persevere my CC Sister! Hugs to you!!

MaisieBake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaisieBake Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 1:23am
post #160 of 196

So sorry to read the bad news, Joanne. My thoughts are with you.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 3:25am
post #161 of 196

Joanne, so sorry to hear about your setback. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers!

clmiller1206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clmiller1206 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 3:27am
post #162 of 196

So sorry to hear of your setback Joanne. Hopefully, knowing that you have a loving family and friends (even those here on CC that you have never actually met) will help you find the strength to fight this. You seem to have a great attitude, which is half the battle! You are in my prayers.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 5:21am
post #163 of 196

Joanne, just wanted you to know my neice just beat pancreatic cancer. I don't know how but she's done with everything and just goes for check ups now. And working 7 days a week at two different jobs.

And that Lance Armstrong is back bicycle racing again. He is of course the 7 time winner of the Tour de France, the three week bicycle race and cancer survivor. His cancer spread from his boy parts to several golf ball size tumors in his lungs and even to his brain.

Then he recovered and starting winning the Tour de France. He's even conceived a child the old fashioned way too, not by artificial insemination. Miracle after miracle after miracle.

You are in my heart and prayers. It's gonna be ok.

Love Yah,
Kate

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 6:35am
post #164 of 196

Joanne,

Will pray for you and keep you in my thoughts.

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 6:58am
post #165 of 196

. . . lifting you up in prayer . . . lean on Him . . . many hugs and well wishes coming your way . . . stay strong . . . be blessed . . .

ImageImage

mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 3:05pm
post #166 of 196

Oh NO! I know that you are probably not feeling very optimistic, but it can be beat! Attitude is half of the fight! God does have a plan, and even when we can't understand it, it is the perfect plan for you and your loved ones! Hang in there and know that your friends (even though we have never even met), are diligently praying for you and your family. Our heart hurts for the pain and disappointment you must be feeling, and we want you to know that you aren't alone in this battle.

Keep your chin and your dukes up and kick cancer's butt! icon_evil.gif We are in the ring with you supporting your every punch!

Lots of hugs and prayers -
Mandi

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 3:41pm
post #167 of 196

Lots of hugs and prayers and thoughts from your CC family. (( ))

sallene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sallene Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 5:03pm
post #168 of 196

Thinking of you and praying for you!

SweetDreamsAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsAT Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 6:08pm
post #169 of 196

I've been away from CC for about a week, and this isn't exactly the news I was hoping for this morning... An extra uphill step for you Joanne. Though, I know I can't truly put myself in your shoes, I do feel that I'm on the roller coaster with you. An extra hug for you my friend. I am thinking extra, extra, extra positive thoughts for you!
CeRae

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 6:41pm
post #170 of 196

There's nothing worse than thinking there's a light at the end of the tunnel, and then to have it abruptly turned off! The setbacks are par for the course, I know, but it doesn't make dealing with them any easier. You're still in my thoughts and prayers. All the best.

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 7:23pm
post #171 of 196

**sighs** sniff.. sniff.. makes me sad, but i know at the end joanne you will be here posting your pretty cookies again soon. as aggressive as they say the cancer is, is as aggressive as your positive attitude and faith must be. cuz we all know you can beat this! you have so many people sending you positive energy, thoughts, love and prayers. be well....

Angela

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 2:07pm
post #172 of 196

Hi dear friends!
Well, as you heard from Tracy, I've had a bump in the cancer road, but I just have to pick myself up, dust myself off, and start again! I admit, I went briefly to the "dark" place on Tuesday, but I have been working hard to reach the light again, and today is a new day! I will begin my chemo this Friday morning, and my family is still here so they will all troop off with me while I'm "hooked up." I will have to have a "dense dose" of chemo which means I'll be getting chemo every two weeks for 2 months, then they will switch the drugs and I'll be in every week for 12 weeks. I know...it's a long road, but I'll just have to take it one step at a time. In preparation, I'm getting my hair cut tonight. I know it's strange, we've all never seen each other, but still we are all like sisters. So, to let you know, I've had long hair my whole life. My family teases me that I look exactly the same now, as I did when I was 6! LOL But it's true. I have long brown hair and bangs, and I know it would be too traumatic (Iwould scare even myself!) to start losing THAT MUCH hair. They told me yesterday, that by the second treatment, I would start to lose it, so I might as well get mentally ready now, and it will be "easier" (HA) to lose short hair than long. I'm going to donate it to Locks of Love, and let someone else get some use out of it! (I'll try to attach a pic of me from when I made my dh take me to the Flour Pot Cookie Boutique two summers ago) So, I will keep fighting this fight of my life, because that's what I want....my life! And with all of your help, through the many kind words, prayers, and well wishes, I know I can do it. I might need some pats on the back along the way though, so be prepared! I really do need all of you!
Love,
Joanne
P.S. My daughter is making me a BLOG, and when it's ready I'll post the address here!
LL

Joanne1944 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne1944 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 2:19pm
post #173 of 196

I am another Joanne and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

For those of you who are concerned that this Joanne might be me, it isn't. Thank you for your kind thoughts. I am Joanne Lima from Tampa, Florida.

Joanne, I wish you a speedy road to recovery.
Joanne Lima

mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 2:19pm
post #174 of 196

Joanne - I know we haven't met... But, I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face after reading your post. You are right, it will be the fight of your life, and for your life. But, it can be won. You ARE NOT fighting a losing battle, no matter the setbacks.

You are beautiful (on the inside and out) and I know exactly what you mean about losing your hair. Luckily, and maybe it could happen for you too, my mom NEVER lost her hair during chemo. However, I think a new hairstyle to go with your new attitude and outlook, could be just what the doctor ordered. I, too, have really long hair (don't worry cakers - or cookiers (new word icon_lol.gif ), Joanne and I take exra caution to keep the hair from our goodies! icon_razz.gif Get a really fun and funky hairstlye that makes you feel the extra umph and like a movie star. Hell, go have your nails and toes done and get a massage. Make it a spa day just for you. Pamper yourself and prepare the outside for the beauty that shines from within!

P.S. Everyone (and I know quite a few survivors) that has lost their hair during chemo, has had a BEAUTIFUL, full head of hair that most of us only dream about. Maybe a little silver lining on a grey cloud!

Hang in there, and I will keep praying for your strength and perservence to fight the fight. Remember, if David can beat Golith, you can beat this moster, too.

Let me know if there is anything I can do. By the way, sucking lemons can really help with the nausea, so stock up before Friday. It sounds like you have great family support, but you also have a wonderful community here waiting to fill any need you may have.

Lots of hugs - Mandi

lots of spelling errors - it is early and I was typing TOO fast! icon_redface.gif

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 2:31pm
post #175 of 196

Joanne914, just want you to know that I will be thinking of you daily & keeping you in my prayers. It is so sweet of you to donate your hair to Locks of Love. God Bless you and I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Pebbles13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles13 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 2:47pm
post #176 of 196

Joanne,
It was so touching to read your post this morning. You are one courageous, positive, beautiful lady! Your awesome attitude will get you through the next several months, then you'll be on the road to recovery and getting back to your "normal" life. As we all sit at our computers reading these posts and looking at others creations, it is such a reality check to know that one of "us" is going through such a tremendous fight. It makes me appreciate my life even more than ever, because you never know when your life is going to take a turn for whatever reason. I'm sending you positive thoughts, prayers, hugs, and pats on the back. Hang in there and have a speedy recovery, my friend.
Be well,
Tricia
(Pebbles13)

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 3:19pm
post #177 of 196

A good friend of mine beat testicular cancer, another good friend's mom beat breast cancer, and my aunt is fighting (and winning) a genetic type of lung cancer (she's not a smoker); you can beat this. Your overall positive attitude towards this is good to see, and will help you keep the strength to beat this! Your selflessness in donating your hair to Lock of Love is awe-inspiring! Like mandifrye said, you are beautiful! Buy some beautiful scarves and wear them with pride, knowing you are not giving in! We are all here with love, hugs, prayers, happy thoughts, and hope your recovery is a quick one!

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 5:18pm
post #178 of 196

Joanne - I know you and zip e-mails back and forth, but I had to post here how amazed I am by you! I sincerely wish I had half of your courage and strength! You truly, truly inspire me! Although we have not met (yet!), I look forward to hopefully doing so someday and I am so proud to call you my friend!

Remember that both of my friends much preferred how their hair grew back after chemo! The lack o' hair will be only temporary and hey, bald IS beautiful! (Okay, now I am praying that anyone else who may read this knows you have an incredible sense of humor icon_lol.gif or I just looked absolutely horribly insensitive, which is not the case).

I will say that along with your great outlook, I do wish in general I also had half your sense of humor!

Your friend,
Tracy

riSHEL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
riSHEL Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 5:24pm
post #179 of 196

You are a true inspiration to us all Joanne. Thank you for your update. We are all thinking of you so often and wondering how you're doing. The blog is a great idea. Sounds like you have a wonderful family and tons of love and support surrounding you. Take care my CC sister. hugs

Shel

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 8:02pm
post #180 of 196

Joanne,
I am continually blown away by your sense of humor and strength. Even in such a troubling time for yourself, you have found a way to give to others! You are truly an inspiration to us all!!!
Hugs to you and your family!!!
Jodie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%