Help, Help 50Th Birthday (Male)

Decorating By majormichel Updated 2 Jan 2009 , 12:11am by dmich

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 9

I need some ideas for a 50th birthday for a male for January 2. He like to run (in fact he is training for a marathon), love Irish music, canoeing and his kids adores him. Oh his nick name is "Big D".

I was thinking a combination of 6" round and 10" square iced in butter. Or should I used Fondant

I was thinking of a 6" cake with stars (Fondant) on a stick coming out of the cake and the number 50 made out of fondant in front of the stars and the underneath the stars and 50th I will write in Buttercream Happy Birthday "Big D" .

the 10" will have the 6" placed in the center and one side a track and field something and the other side water and a canoe paddle.

What is you view? Should I think of something different. This cake is a big deal as alot of people will be at this party.

I dont have to stick to this design, Other new ideas are welcome

8 replies
dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 3:07pm
post #2 of 9

I think your idea sounds great. You could also tie in the Irish heritage by having a leprechaun running on the track.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 9

Even though it covers a lot it doesn't sound like an over decorated idea.

majormichel Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 1:56am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmich

I think your idea sounds great. You could also tie in the Irish heritage by having a leprechaun running on the track.

Thank you Dmich, I just finished making Michelle Fondant, so I will attempt to make the leprechaun and other fondant figures tomorrow.

I will keep you'll posted on the fondant figures and final product.

dmich Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 4:29am
post #5 of 9

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

majormichel Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 1:20am
post #6 of 9

I have posted some figures for the cake in my photo section, check it out and tell me what you think. This is my first time doing figures. I need more practice ( Leprechanun, canoe, paddle and 50th).

dmich Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 1:48pm
post #7 of 9

Those are your first figures?! You're doing great!

majormichel Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 9:40pm
post #8 of 9

okay, I did the cake, check out my gallery. I changed some stuff and came up with a nice cake. Thank you for all your help.

dmich Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 12:11am
post #9 of 9

Great job! I'll bet your 50th birthday boy will be thrilled. I love the marathon runners.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%